HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

interesting - rookies

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Markus078

vCash: 500
interesting - rookies

it's very nice to see which rookies made the team this year. liles 5th round 159 overallpick and svatos 227 overall. looks good what the avs make with their later pics but it's interesting that the low pics didn't make the team so far.

Old
10-16-2003, 10:49 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Actually, three of the four rookies that made the pro team this year were late picks, with Phillipe Sauve being the exception.

Phillipe Sauve - 2nd round, 38th overall
John-Michael Liles - 5th round, 159th overall
Cody McCormick - 5th round, 144th overall
Marek Svatos - 7th round, 227th overall

As for our earlier picks not making it yet, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Jonas Johansson is destined to be a top six forward on our club. He simply has way too much skill, and has adopted some grit since coming to North America in the CHL Import Draft. Also, both Johnny Boychuk and David Liffiton are diamonds in the rough with good potential.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:28 AM
imagine29028

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Johnny Boychuk

and he might be in denver this season before its all said and done with as well.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:45 AM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine29028
and he might be in denver this season before its all said and done with as well.
he's not in hershey, therefore he cannot be recalled. he has to spend the rest of hte yer with his junior team.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

It's sad that Svatos is down already after such a promising start. But McCormick looked spectacular last night replacing him at right wing.

With all these rookies waiting for their shot, Charlie Stephens had better start working harder. He's slowly going the way of Mikhail Kuleshov. I'll be shocked if Kuleshov is retained in the Avs organization past this year.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
He might catch on....just somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
With all these rookies waiting for their shot, Charlie Stephens had better start working harder. He's slowly going the way of Mikhail Kuleshov. I'll be shocked if Kuleshov is retained in the Avs organization past this year.

I'd be scared to let him go if I was in the front office. His worst enemy is himself, he doesn't work hard enough. But if he's moved or dropped from the roster......he might be more motivated to play at the NHL level. I don't know what they should do with him. It might be difference if the Avs had an ECHL affiliate.

Closed Thread