HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sad News

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 03:52 AM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
Sad News

Dan Snyder did not make it.
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto...MPLATE=DEFAULT

The prospects for a future were not good, so maybe this was merciful, but it is tragic none the less.
Dany Heatly faces a felony charge of first degree manslaughter. If convicted (likely unless he pleas down) he faces a minimum of three years in prison. Sounds a little like Craig McTavish, sans alcohol. Heatley needs to plea down to second degree manslaughter, a misdemeanor.
So many people's families damaged by this tragedy, the Snyders, the Heatley's, all of their friends and relatives, the rest of the Thrashers and their fans.
Awful news.
Selfishly, I hope Gagne gets rid of his Porsche. There is no need for a car like that in this country.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:05 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
My condolences go out to Dan Snyder's family, friends, Thrashers organzation and to Heatley. No jail time will ever measure the punishment he will put himself through for this. However, he does deserve jail time for his reckless driving. Very sad for a promising career to be ruined.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Teezax

this comes as a shocker to me as ithought he was progressing. There was no word on the week-end that his condition was getting worse. Really sucks for Heatley as this will dawn on his conscious for the rest fo his life. His state of mind will never be the same and he was just emerging as one of the greats in the NHL. I just hope they don't treat this as an intention to kill but rather a big tragic accident. Despite the speed that Heatley was riding at, Dan should have been wearing his seatbelt especially in a Ferrari with a kid driving it. Obviosuly I won't pin the blame on Dan but had he had that belt ion he would have still been alive today. My prayers go out to his family and to the Atlanta organization.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:54 AM
RoDu

this brings back bad memories from three years ago when my hero Derrick Thomas died after having a car accident, he wasn't wearing a seat belt either
a loss for the league

Old
10-06-2003, 09:03 AM
blah

Did you see the mangled wreck? The only thing that could've saved them was doing the speed limit.

Old
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Did you see the mangled wreck? The only thing that could've saved them was doing the speed limit.
If he was doing the speed limit, this would have never happened.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:12 PM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
When I was watching the late ESPN SportsCenter and they flashed the alert at the bottom of the screen that Snyder had died, memories of the Pelle Lindbergh car accident went through my mind.

Condolences to not only the Thrasher's organization and NHL family, but also the Atlanta hockey fans. Sad news indeed...

Old
10-06-2003, 12:16 PM
FlyerFire

i agree

thoughts of PELLE entered my mind as well,but i think he was alone-am i right?

Old
10-06-2003, 12:25 PM
The Seeker 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
No, Pelle actually had two passengers (no one NHL related) that received some serious injuries. I believe they might have even sued the Lindbergh estate....

Old
10-06-2003, 01:31 PM
MASK

Send a message via AIM to MASK
How tragic. I wish the families involved, and the Atlanta Orginization the best.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
no[e i meantioned on another thread this brought back the sad memory of the day Pelle died.
thoughts and prayers for all the Dan Snyder family. RIP.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker
When I was watching the late ESPN SportsCenter and they flashed the alert at the bottom of the screen that Snyder had died, memories of the Pelle Lindbergh car accident went through my mind.

Condolences to not only the Thrasher's organization and NHL family, but also the Atlanta hockey fans. Sad news indeed...
It's a damn shame! I know I did crazy things at that age, but my friends and I where always pretty safe when driving!

Seeker,
How about all the rumors that flew around, about what Pelle was doing when he crashed. Amazing how they start.

Old
10-07-2003, 02:52 AM
The Seeker 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Seeker,
How about all the rumors that flew around, about what Pelle was doing when he crashed. Amazing how they start.
Yeah, and I also remember how the medical people said that his blood alcohol level was so high (almost .40) that he might have died even if he didn't have a car accident. It turned out that there was alot of alcohol involved in the medical teams trying to stop the bleeding that it totally affected his B.A.L. tests, and he was not on the verge of death w/o the accident.

Old
10-07-2003, 02:59 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker
Yeah, and I also remember how the medical people said that his blood alcohol level was so high (almost .40) that he might have died even if he didn't have a car accident. It turned out that there was alot of alcohol involved in the medical teams trying to stop the bleeding that it totally affected his B.A.L. tests, and he was not on the verge of death w/o the accident.
I forgot about that one!
I truly believe that the year he died, the FLYERS would have won the cup! They were on fire at the start,and Pelle was incredible in goal.
It's a damn shame, when tragedy like this happens. Sad thing is that they are avoidable.

Closed Thread