HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McGratton or Neil?

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2005, 09:46 PM
JB Maple Leafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
The link I posted isnt broken download the clips it McGrattan beating Perrott last year at the Corel center.
Keep Mcgrattan on your team we don't care....It's just another oaf that uses up a spot of a player that can actually play hockey.....

McGrattan doesn't need another Perrott squawking....
He needs a Belak Attack!!

That should free up Domi to teach Neil a lesson!!!

Old
09-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Kewl Leafs

Send a message via MSN to Kewl Leafs Send a message via Yahoo to Kewl Leafs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog2005
Belak is a pro at that on the avg he has a amazing four mins a game.
How do you find a player's average ice time?

I am not saying Belak is Joe Sakic, it's Belak.

No one said Sakic-smack. They said Belak Attack!!!!!

Old
09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
nneate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs
Keep Mcgrattan on your team we don't care....It's just another oaf that uses up a spot of a player that can actually play hockey.....

McGrattan doesn't need another Perrott squawking....
He needs a Belak Attack!!

That should free up Domi to teach Neil a lesson!!!
BELAK ATTACK!!!!!!11

Beware he may try to block McGrattons bombs with his face.
McGratton was laughing during the fight, Belak may as well be kissing his palms before he delivers an open handed slap, because I'm sure thats what it felt like to McGratton.

Oh yeah, can't forget to throw in a BELAK ATTACK!!!!!!!!11!

Old
09-21-2005, 09:58 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
McGratton was laughing during the fight, Belak may as well be kissing his palms before he delivers an open handed slap, because I'm sure thats what it felt like to McGratton.

Oh yeah, can't forget to throw in a BELAK ATTACK!!!!!!!!11!
He wasn't laughing because it was funny.......That was nervous, scared, 'I'm not worthy' laughter!!

Old
09-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

I say keep both. Neil has more skill than he's given credit for, and will drop the gloves when need be, while McGratton can be the team's true heavyweight.

Old
09-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Kewl Leafs

Send a message via MSN to Kewl Leafs Send a message via Yahoo to Kewl Leafs
I agree with everyone here. Ottawa is a far supperior team and even their scrappers are too much for Toronto's tough guys.

I just want to apologize if I offended anyone here and I would like to offer my sincere apologies to anyone who moderates this stuff.

I am not trolling - I didn't even know what trolling was until I got two warnings on one post. I love hockey. I like talking hockey, I like having intelligent well researched arguments with other people about hockey but apparently that can't happen without someone misinterpreting my intentions.

Once again - I humbly apoligize. I will now go flagelate myself and shake my head at the overzealous nature of people who can't take a joke.

Old
09-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Varada

I wasn't offended...a little input from Leaf fans is always welcome....anything that can be said of Belak can be said for Mcgratton(ie can't skate or no skill). However, I'm glad we have a tough son of a gun like Mcgratton in the line up to keep the other teams honest. No more of this roughing up our stars. And with Mcgratton along with Neil, Ward and Chara, the sens can probably boast the four best pugilists in the league....lets have another brawl with philly!

Old
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
The only thing Mcgrattan should worry about is his slim chances of playing a regular shift!

.......Oh and possibly another BELAK ATTACK!!
seriously man, are you done? get lost! we're trying to have a discussion here... don't you have something you should be drawing in crayon?

Old
09-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven
seriously man, are you done? get lost! we're trying to have a discussion here... don't you have something you should be drawing in crayon?
He ran out of his favourite colour, "carnation pink", and hasn't quite figured out how to peel the paper shell back to unveil more crayon yet.

Old
09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
What? When did this happen? I call BS.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5381784/M...rrott.wmv.html

PS the clip of "Belak attack" losing to McGrattan is still in one of these threads.
Thanks for that link! I hadn't seen that fight... opened my eyes

edit: I was at that game, but I remember now that the fight happened before the game was one minute old, and I was still in line to get a beer

Old
09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
I know...I was the one in the discussion....since when were you part of it?

Old
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl Leafs
Once again - I humbly apoligize. I will now go flagelate myself and shake my head at the overzealous nature of people who can't take a joke.
nah, yours was actually pretty funny... you might need to use the smiley for some people, but I especially laughed at the "sufferin' sucatash"

Old
09-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Thanks for that link! I hadn't seen that fight... opened my eyes

edit: I was at that game, but I remember now that the fight happened before the game was one minute old, and I was still in line to get a beer

No problem, I was at the game as well. As i've posted before it was hilarious cause as they were going to drop the puck I notied Brian and Perrott lined up and when it got a bit quiet I just yelled "kick his *** brian". Low and behold the puck drops and it happens. My GF lhao.

Old
09-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Varada

Where does McGratton rate in terms of Heavyweights. Is he a top 5 guy? Did anyone have his number in the ahl ? He seems like one scary dude and if wasn't for the slip against Belak, who would of pounded him right into the ice. Pretty impressive!

Old
09-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
That was a funny fight!!!

Chara was twirling Mccabe through the air like we was a ragdoll!!!

But we're not talking about him.......It was Belak remember.......

Oh I just remembered one more thing......Perrot demolishing Neil in a fight last year!

Awwwwwwk Go perrot!....Awwwwwk
I remember that fight...the day Neil had the flu and STILL dropped the gloves when he was clearly not even close to 100%. That's the day I gained respect for him.

Neil can actually play..which is more than can be said about Toronto's goons.

Old
09-21-2005, 11:45 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Domi can play... which is actually the problem for Toronto, he won't drop the gloves anymore, he's scared he'll hurt his "soft" hands or something.

Old
09-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varada
Where does McGratton rate in terms of Heavyweights. Is he a top 5 guy? Did anyone have his number in the ahl ? He seems like one scary dude and if wasn't for the slip against Belak, who would of pounded him right into the ice. Pretty impressive!
Not sure how he would rank against the NHL guys (we'll probably find out this year), but while in the AHL this past season, McGrattan was widely considered the 2nd best enforcer in the league (behind Brandon Sugden of the Syracuse Crunch)

Old
09-22-2005, 01:07 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I remember that fight...the day Neil had the flu and STILL dropped the gloves when he was clearly not even close to 100%. That's the day I gained respect for him.

Yep, same here.

Despite having to pump some IV's into him during the intermission, despite puking in a bucket on the bench, he still went out and fought, took like six bombs from Perrot at the begining of the fight, and still kept fighting, and got a few shots in towards the end.

My respect for him shot up after that.

Old
09-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Quiet Robert

As a neutral observer, I think it wouldn't hurt to play both. If you really need skill, sit McGratton, but in tough games, both can be in the lineup without hurting the team.

I've been a big fan of Neil's and I think he brings a great mix of skill and toughness for an enforcer. He has good skill for what he does and might even be able to play on a 3rd line defensive role in the future. He's been scoring about 15 points a year on the 4th line, which isn't bad. I've liked what I've seen out of him, and if McGratton is there, it takes pressure off of him for fighting.

McGratton is just nuts. If, and this is the big if, he has enough skill, he could be a great enforcer. He's got the size and the look that can intimidate the opposition. Plus he's willing to throw everytime he steps on the ice. He might hurt the team from time to time with bad penalties, but with maturity hopefully that part of his game will go away. But in terms of pure fighting/enforcing skill, he might become one the better ones in the NHL.

Overall, if there is room, the Sens might want to keep both in the lineup. Neil is not a liability skillwise and so he's a good asset to have.

Old
09-22-2005, 09:01 AM
SENSible1*

Both stay in the line up on a consistent basis, with Ward drawing in vs our tougher opponents. Neil will do very well as a 3rd liner, who can drop them when needed. His skating and hands are really underrated.

Martin fans had better get used to the fact that there is a new Sherrif in town and the Sens stars will finally have some much needed protection.

Havlat-Fisher-Alfie
Bochenski-Spezza-Heatley
Schaefer-Smoke-Neil
Hamel(Varada)-Vermette-McGrattan

Chara Phillips
Redden Volchenkov
Meszaros Schubert/Ward

This lineup can kill you with skill and still win the fight in the alley out back.

Old
09-22-2005, 09:19 AM
chara

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani
Neil and Gratts both stays. About time Ottawa had a 1-2 punch.

Add Ward and its a nice 1-2-3 punch.

Old
09-22-2005, 09:59 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Why do we insist on entertaining these Leaf fan n00bs to the boards.

They just come here spewing the usual rehtoric. Just ingnore them and let them stroke themselves off on the Leaf board.

Old
09-22-2005, 10:12 AM
bert

The sens only need Mcgratton for a hand full of games. If he could play any hockey then he might be usefull but unfortunatly he is here for one thing and one thing only.

I dont really see a reason for him to play against anyone but the leaf or flyers.

Neil can bring a good grinding energy game I defenitely choose Neil.

Old
09-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
The sens only need Mcgratton for a hand full of games. If he could play any hockey then he might be usefull but unfortunatly he is here for one thing and one thing only.

I dont really see a reason for him to play against anyone but the leaf or flyers.

Neil can bring a good grinding energy game I defenitely choose Neil.

But that was also Neil when he first arrived in Ottawa. He has made strides in his hockey skills, skills other than throwing lefts, rights and centers.

Old
09-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varada
He had somethng like 550 Penalty Minutes last year in the AHL. I thought those numbers were only possible in the Eganville Bush League.

Closed Thread