HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salo

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 10:48 AM
MrMackey

vCash: 500
Salo

Just checking out some of the preseason stats and was quite surprised to see Salo's numbers. Obviously 180 minutes of playing time does not say much, but with a defense core that's been questionable at times he's made out fairly well. Only 4 goalies who are projected to be starters (or compete for that position) had better save percentages (Turek, Dipietro, Lalime, Aebescher).

min: 180
shots: 79
Sv%: .937
GAA: 1.67

Disturbing stat:
4 GP : 1-2-0-0 record

Anyway, we all know that Tommy is streaky... but here's hoping he can keep up the good play through Comrie's absence!

Old
10-07-2003, 10:51 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey

Disturbing stat:
4 GP : 1-2-0-0 record
Don't forget, the two games he lost he got precisely 2 goals support, and he played a half game and left with the score 3-0, and the final ended up 3-3.

Old
10-07-2003, 11:05 AM
jadeddog

i think salo will play better this year, but what is paramount is that he plays VERY well during the comrie thing..... once they trade/sign him, that will take a little pressure off.... but with salo being so freaking streaky, it would be nice to see him "get in the zone" during the first part fo the seaosn

Old
10-07-2003, 11:18 AM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Don't forget, the two games he lost he got precisely 2 goals support, and he played a half game and left with the score 3-0, and the final ended up 3-3.
My point exactly. Despite playing well he can't get the offensive support. I don't think that second game counted in his win/loss record.

Old
10-07-2003, 11:37 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
My point exactly. Despite playing well he can't get the offensive support. I don't think that second game counted in his win/loss record.

Don't worry about the offense guys! Not once did we ice our full lineup during the preseason. The Oilers will do just fine for scoring goals this year.

Old
10-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Oilhitch

From the sounds of it MacTavish is going to play a more "defensive first" style of game this year. So Salo should get more help this year and his stats should show it. IMO he will have a good year even though I am not a big fan of Salo's.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:00 PM
oilersboy

I think that Salo will have one of his best year but I don't know about Conklin. He played only a couple of games in the NHL and he don't have great preseason stats. I would love to get a good d-men and a backup for Comrie. Atleast Mact have confidence in Conklin and Salo can play 65-70 games.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:17 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiilleerr_bergeron
I think that Salo will have one of his best year but I don't know about Conklin. He played only a couple of games in the NHL and he don't have great preseason stats. I would love to get a good d-men and a backup for Comrie. Atleast Mact have confidence in Conklin and Salo can play 65-70 games.
Conklin was also out there on the ice alone for most of his starts. He didn't have the best GAA or SV%, but he did face a lot of very good scoring chances. For example the game the Oilers lost to Calgary 4-1, Conklin stopped what should have been another 3 or 4 goals. He played well, but he didn't have much support.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:24 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Conklin was also out there on the ice alone for most of his starts. He didn't have the best GAA or SV%, but he did face a lot of very good scoring chances. For example the game the Oilers lost to Calgary 4-1, Conklin stopped what should have been another 3 or 4 goals. He played well, but he didn't have much support.
Beat me to it.

Closed Thread