HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Taylor's Best Acquisition: Tim Gleason

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
R0CKET

vCash: 500
You know for me its hard to say what exactly was his best but of those non-drafted I'd put Tim pretty high on that list.

I'd include Glen Murray (got him for basicly nothing IMO...Eddie O?!) though and Adam Deadmarsh too. Who could have known what was ahead in Deaders' future. Ziggy has to be at the very top as well.

Of those drafted I'd have to say that the most productive so far has bee Visnovsky, for a 3rd rounder who came in and held a regular spot from the get-go? That's really impressive to me.

Yes Frolov is the obvious best drafted so far guy, but Lubo doesn't get the credit he should IMO, he's really a stud.

Dave has done his job VERY well, and it would have really shown thru had we not indured so f'ng many injuries.

The thing about the current squad is that I think we have enough depth (more-so really at forward though) to go along with our very hig level of ability. We haven't had much depth ever in thid franchise so I guess we'll get to see how it helps us this season.

I have pretty high expectations.

Old
09-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum
re-edit: the one that's close to hull's helmet could turn out to be a diamond in the rough!
She has a John Kerry horse face.

Old
09-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
nice find...thanks...

its funny they had chistov there at no. 3...i think when all is said and done, he'd outshine alot of those guys in that list..
Woodlief actually had Chistov #1 and Kovalchuk #2 for a month later that year.

Old
09-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Don Draper

Gleason just wasnt going to be a part of the Sens future. He basically wouldnt have even had a shot to make the team til this season, and the goal then, as it is now, was to win the cup that season. Smoke definitely gave us a better shot than Gleason, and we all knew he wasnt long in our plans anyways. Looks like the trade worked out better for you guys obviously, but i think that was a risk worth taking.

Old
09-22-2005, 01:01 PM
wupmasta2000

Good point Fletch,

The sens were stacked w/ talent and had a real opportunity at chasing the Cup. Let's not forget the "horrible" year when the sens won 18 games, I think (94-95).

However, I too am glad that we got Gleason. I think he's going to stick around for a long time, "Norstrom" long time.

And, there's no doubt in my mind that neither Gleason nor Visnovsky get the props they deserve b/c they play in L.A. If these guys played in N.J. the media would be all over them. Whatever, as long as they produce for us.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LATE

Old
09-22-2005, 05:03 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagwagon0
That is not Mattias...

I meant Eric Ohlsson. the other guitarist.

Old
09-22-2005, 06:28 PM
kingsforever

as a fan of both teams, i think when the deal went down it was a good deal for both teams, sens had tons of good prospects, and were looking for a vetern center and smolinski fit the bill, the sens were going for the cup(god i hope i can that soon about the kings, hoping this year) i had no problem with trading the future for trying to win now

Closed Thread