HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Prospects Updates

Old
06-19-2006, 12:10 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise
Its hard to put on weight. Bartulis has been this size for 2 years now...

Im not writting him off or anything.
It's hard, but it isn't difficult to put on weight. Chances are that when Oskars goes to the rookie camp in Philadelphia, McCrossin and the rest of the training staff will come up with a regimen to help Oskars gain weight.

Remember that he's 19 years old so he still has time to fill out. The weight will eventually come.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 12:22 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Bartulis has a good 3 years before this team will expect him to contribute anything. I'd like to see him back in juniors next season, he'll probably be Mocton's #1 d-man.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 04:01 AM
JPS

Young players seem to get some muscle when they move to NHL/AHL. A good recent example is Isles prospect Sean Bergenheim. If you compare picture of him before and after he moved to the Isles you can see a huge difference. Don't know if it's only the training or is there something else there too "cough*pills*cough*needles*cough*

JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS
Young players seem to get some muscle when they move to NHL/AHL. A good recent example is Isles prospect Sean Bergenheim. If you compare picture of him before and after he moved to the Isles you can see a huge difference. Don't know if it's only the training or is there something else there too "cough*pills*cough*needles*cough*
It's just age. Did you gain some weight and muscle naturally between 18 and 25? Same with hockey players. I think once they get to the AHL they have the benefit of seeing how proper weight training is necessary - so the added weight from training combines with natural filling out and - presto - 10-20 extra pounds.

Also, if you read comments from players at rookie camps or rookies at training camp, they all come away more motivated to do weight training. You don't want them musclebound, but the extra strength is crucial. Lecavalier is the best example.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise
The Quebec guy dove to try and draw a penalty after the play.

You can talk all you want about how great Bartulis is with the puck but he cant knock anyone down when the other guy actually tries and stands up.

Guys like Staal, Gagne and Lecavalier didnt need to put on 30 lbs...sure they added a bit of weight but that was a bonus. Bartulis NEEDS to add 20 lbs AT LEAST to even get a sniff at the NHL. Im not saying it isnt possible, but it also isnt a given to just add 20 lbs.
There were many, many occasions when Bartulis showed he was strong on his skates, and he did knock a lot of people off the puck - even if he didn't kill them. He's never going to be Phaneuf, but if he can be Doug Crossman for us, I'll be very happy.

He's skinny now, but after another year of Jr and then one in the AHL, he'll be where Picard is now - stronger and ready to start playing in the NHL. The broadcasters were raving about his play throughout the MemCup, and justifiably so. He was rock on D, made nice outlet passes, and can do PP and PK duty.

What's not to like?

Old
06-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
There were many, many occasions when Bartulis showed he was strong on his skates, and he did knock a lot of people off the puck - even if he didn't kill them. He's never going to be Phaneuf, but if he can be Doug Crossman for us, I'll be very happy.

He's skinny now, but after another year of Jr and then one in the AHL, he'll be where Picard is now - stronger and ready to start playing in the NHL. The broadcasters were raving about his play throughout the MemCup, and justifiably so. He was rock on D, made nice outlet passes, and can do PP and PK duty.

What's not to like?
Picard came to the Phantoms training camp weighing 220. I don't think Bartulius will weigh that by his sophmore year in the NHL, let alone after his first year of pro hockey.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Picard came to the Phantoms training camp weighing 220. I don't think Bartulius will weigh that by his sophmore year in the NHL, let alone after his first year of pro hockey.
I really doubt Picard actually weighs that much now. He looks pretty skinny to me. It might say 220 on the roster but those kinds of things have been know to be inaccurate.