HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Opening night line-up

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 04:43 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Opening night line-up

In todays Inquirer

Gagne-Roenick-Amonte
Fedoruk-Handzus-Williams
Brashear-Primeau***-Kapanen
LeClair-Recchi-Somik

Weinrich-Desjardins
Johnsson-Vandermeer
Ragnarsson-Pitkanen

Hackett

Lapointe is doubtful still recovering from an ankle sprain

Primeau is probable, still recovering from a rib injury and trying to build up his conditioning

Old
10-07-2003, 07:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Ragnarsson with Pitkanen? That's a sudden change, Pitkanen had been playing almost exclusively with Weinrich.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:20 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Ragnarsson with Pitkanen? That's a sudden change, Pitkanen had been playing almost exclusively with Weinrich.

They've been mixing and matching all pre-season, but i thought it was going to be

Desjardins - Vandermeer
Ragnarsson - Johnsson
Weinrich - Pitkanen

My guess is that he feels better with Weinrich playing against other teams top lines than he does Vandermeer at this point.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:27 AM
fan mao rong

We see on www.phantomshockey.com that Peter White and Boyd Kane have returned to the Phantoms so maybe it is likely Primeau will play. Also the article on the summary of the final exhibition game says Matthew Brunelle has been assigned to the Trenton Titans of the ECHL as some may note. Also James Laux and Robert Snowball go to the Titans while Kirk Furey returns to Atlantic City. Looks like they pretty much have figured out the Phantoms team.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:35 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
We see on www.phantomshockey.com that Peter White and Boyd Kane have returned to the Phantoms so maybe it is likely Primeau will play. Also the article on the summary of the final exhibition game says Matthew Brunelle has been assigned to the Trenton Titans of the ECHL as some may note. Also James Laux and Robert Snowball go to the Titans while Kirk Furey returns to Atlantic City. Looks like they pretty much have figured out the Phantoms team.
Even with White & Kane returning to the Phantoms the Flyers still have 14 forwards. Recchi can play center, and they could also play Gagne at center for a game or two.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Even with White & Kane returning to the Phantoms the Flyers still have 14 forwards. Recchi can play center, and they could also play Gagne at center for a game or two.
I think I'd rather see Gags play the left flank with JR and Tony, maybe getting off to a "flying" start this season.

Old
10-08-2003, 10:40 AM
54fightin

Snowball

the way I read that article Snowball and Furey were released. Does anyone know what happened to Borsheim. He and Snowball seemed like they might give the Phantoms some protection this season but Snowball was released and Borsheim is not listed on the roster.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

It seems as if John LeClair is injured 2-4 weeks. Who is going to be his replacment? Choiunard(sp)?

Old
10-08-2003, 02:38 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
Also the article on the summary of the final exhibition game says Matthew Brunelle has been assigned to the Trenton Titans of the ECHL as some may note.
wow, that's surprising. I thought that he was a lock to make the Phantoms. I kept reading how he was doing so well in training camp. I know it's not much but he also looked real good in that Phantoms/Flyers exhibition game.

Closed Thread