HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Colin Fraser Interview is Here

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Grant Dovey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
Colin Fraser Interview is Here

Here it is, we still have 3 questions to do, he had to go out for a golf tournament.

When did you start playing hockey and who taught you the game?
I started skating at 3 and many different coaches helped me a long the way as a youngster.

What would you consider your strengths, Brent Sutter told me you had a great intensity level.
I like to think I have a lot of energy, I stick up for a teammate, do anything, I have a tendency to be more of a defensive checking forward.

What about weaknesses, I read in your scouting report that your hands and skating ability need to develop more, is that true?
Definitely skating and strength, I need to get stronger and bigger and quicker, as you get older it comes with time, I just need to get better to get to the next level.

Do you think you are ready for the NHL now, or how many more years to develop?
Probably a few more years, my skating needs to get better.

Have you heard of Hockeysfuture.com?
Yes, I have been on it a couple of times.

Who would you compare yourself to in the NHL?
Probably Darcy Tucker, yes I realize Philly hates him but he is the kind of guy you would like to have on your team, if players dislike him on the ice that is his job, and it goes the same with me that is my job.

What is your favorite team in the NHL and why?
Growing up the Canucks because I am from British Columbia. I liked their players and just everything about them.

What was your reaction when you were drafted by the Flyers?
I was pretty exciited, they have a tendency to have gritty type players and my style of game really fits their program. I was definitely excitied.

Did you think you were going to be drafted higher or lower?
Coming into the draft I thought I would have been higher, but i can't control that, no one can. It is just a number that doesn't matter its was you do after that matters.

What did you think of Philadelphia when you were here for prospect camp?
Big city, a lot of people and everybody is always in a hurry, VERY MUGGY, I WAS SWEATING LIKE CRAZY.

What do you think of Bobby Clarke and Ken Hitchcock?
Both seem like pretty nice guys, down to earth. I didn't get a chance to talk to Mr. Clarke to much, from what I hear does a great job. Hitch is very knowledgabe and will help me a lot if I make the team some year.

What type of player or role do you see yourself when and if you make it to the NHL?
I see myself as 3rd line, checking centerman, maybe I could put in a few goals, but my objective is to shut down some top players and to get the boys fired up.

Do you put on any weight during the offseason?
Yea, I put on 8-10 lbs. I was working out 5-6 times a week with weights.

Do you see yourself as a center or a winger in the NHL?
Centerman hopefully, thats where my best game is played at, but if they put me at wing it is no big deal.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:26 PM
IronMarshal

Good stuff, Thanks!

Old
10-06-2003, 03:49 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
good job Goflyguys!

that was real cool to hear that he's been the HFBoards a few times.

let us know when the next interview is.

BTW, do you have a press-pass for the Flyers/Phantoms?
if not, you should apply for one.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Grant Dovey

Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
No problem, Flyguy, I am hoping to get one, it would be nice I will definitely let you know about the next interview.

Closed Thread