HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Go pick up some Flyers tickets

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Go pick up some Flyers tickets

Hey Flyers fans. Was reading your board a bit and I realized something.

I don't think you guys truely understand what you have yet in Forsberg. I know you think 'Hey, great, big-time player, possibly best in the league, great!'. Whether or not Forsberg is the best player in the league or not is up to debate. However, watching him play is a real treat. I got to see him many times playing against the Vancouver Canucks, and watching him play, particularly in a spirited, physical contest, is truely awesome.

You will probobly notice he's got a bag of about 10 goals he goes to the well with a ton. However, goal scoring really isn't his bag. Nobody in the league is better at drawing players to them then beating them to set up a goal. He's not so much the greatest passer as he is probobly the best player in the league at 1 on 1 beating the man along the boards. His low centre of gravity and the way he skates is just nuts, and he can power through some *big* men. I've seen him knock down Darian Hatcher with a flick of his shoulder.

Anyhow, those of you who don't appreciate it enough yet will after about 2 or 3 games. The absolute only downside with Forsberg is that he sometimes laxes defensively and the injury thing. If he can stay healthy, he will be, bar none, the best player in the Eastern Conference. No question. He's that good.

Enjoy the season.

Old
09-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Brad*

He's really a terrific player, and I can't wait to see him on the ice. I'm also excited about the residual effects that he will bring to the team. I think if he stays healthy and plays with Simon Gagne, he could be the catalyst that helps Gagne finally get back to his goal scoring ways.

Old
09-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Jester

was my favorite player in the league before we signed him... i'm aware i think.

i casually refer to him as "hockey god"

Old
09-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I can't wait to see what happens to Forsberg this year because the NHL is calling foul on every thing that moves. If we see half of what's going on now carry over then Foppa could have a better year than we all expect. Granted I'm assuming that the officials don't lose their whistles by midseason.

Last edited by Roger's Pancreas*: 09-23-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Closed Thread