HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Official How to disband team "Blah"

View Poll Results: How to disband his team?
Waiver Wire 4 30.77%
Reverse Draft 5 38.46%
Keep the team locked 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2005, 04:41 PM
  #1
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
Official How to disband team "Blah"

Three options, poll closes in 2 days, final decision is derived from that.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-25-2005, 12:20 AM
  #2
Melrose'sMullet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Dude...I appreciate you getting this league together. I knew nothing about the Yahoo process of fantasy hockey and have learned alot. Thanks for taking the initiuative on this...

Melrose'sMullet is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
  #3
fcbarcelona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
the poll is closed...the votes are in...

fcbarcelona is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 10:16 PM
  #4
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
I'll get to work on the Reverse Draft order since that is how the poll resulted in. If you noticed, I did NOT vote, I wanted myself to be left out so that there could be no complaints or anything, as I left it up to the rest of the league.

When I get the Reverse Draft Order done, we'll get this rolling...

I may have to assign someone to do this because I got not just 40 hours of work this week...but 50 on top of college...any volunteers?

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-27-2005, 10:26 PM
  #5
fcbarcelona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
19. Canuck_Killers
18. Hebrew Hammers
17. ItalianAvs
16. D-Generation X
15. JoeSakic4MVP
14. moose knuckles
13. Team Bling Bling
12. Widespread
11. Panic
10. bleedgreen
9. Lumbering Left Wings
8. Nets Breakers
7. The 69ers
6. Fried Chicken
5. Rocky Hockey
4. The President's Men
3. Game Misconduct
2. Donuts Pastor of Muppets
1. Belgian Grinders

we might as well start making our picks here.


Last edited by fcbarcelona: 09-27-2005 at 10:36 PM.
fcbarcelona is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 10:48 PM
  #6
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
Yes...so Belgian Grinders pick first and so on and so forth....

Thanks for stepping up and lending a helping hand jericoholic19!

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-27-2005, 10:54 PM
  #7
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,652
vCash: 500
Is it just take a player or drop a player if you want to pick?

Hasbro is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 11:08 PM
  #8
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Is it just take a player or drop a player if you want to pick?
I think that since most people have a full roster, that they will HAVE to drop a player if they wish to pick one up.

Either way, does that seem like a fair thing to do?

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
  #9
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGuy2325
I think that since most people have a full roster, that they will HAVE to drop a player if they wish to pick one up.

Either way, does that seem like a fair thing to do?
Well, I think you have to make them drop a player, in order to make this even close to being fair for the whole league.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 11:31 PM
  #10
fcbarcelona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
Well, I think you have to make them drop a player, in order to make this even close to being fair for the whole league.
i agree. but the fairest thing to do would have been to lock up the team or wait for another team to go defunct so as to allow each team to pick up a decent player. yet, i still voted for waiver wire because i'm looking out for my team. doing this draft also means that we'll have to do another one if another GM stops playing his team. its a messy process and does ruin the league integrity. if I were you KSguy (and I'll soon be able to relate to your workload....believe me as I lose half my weekends for the next year or so), I would just lock up Blah...or at the worst wait until mid-season when there could be a greater pool of players in the draft and the draft position is based on standings.

fcbarcelona is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
  #11
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
i agree. but the fairest thing to do would have been to lock up the team or wait for another team to go defunct so as to allow each team to pick up a decent player. yet, i still voted for waiver wire because i'm looking out for my team. doing this draft also means that we'll have to do another one if another GM stops playing his team. its a messy process and does ruin the league integrity. if I were you KSguy (and I'll soon be able to relate to your workload....believe me as I lose half my weekends for the next year or so), I would just lock up Blah...or at the worst wait until mid-season when there could be a greater pool of players in the draft and the draft position is based on standings.
I agree. Unfortunately I think some people were more interested in getting a great player, than being fair. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now. Maybe another team will drop out, and it will even things up.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
09-27-2005, 11:42 PM
  #12
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
I believe that my hands are now literally tied because I left it up to YOU guys to decide how this would be handled. I did NOT vote, I did not want to wade through many, many pages of debates, though each debater (spelling?) had a valid argument to back themselves up.

Rather I thought that we as Colorado Avalanche fans are old enough to make a democratic decision. So I left it up to you guys.

So....I don't know what to do? Re-Open the poll or what? Because leaving him locked up technically isn't right because then the defunct team would collect victories, and let's face it, a defunct team just can't be collecting the victories.

Yet I do feel for and relate to those who say that a Reverse Draft Order wasn't the best way to do this.

I myself was in favor of the Waiver Wire, for those who were curious.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-27-2005, 11:54 PM
  #13
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGuy2325
I believe that my hands are now literally tied because I left it up to YOU guys to decide how this would be handled. I did NOT vote, I did not want to wade through many, many pages of debates, though each debater (spelling?) had a valid argument to back themselves up.

Rather I thought that we as Colorado Avalanche fans are old enough to make a democratic decision. So I left it up to you guys.

So....I don't know what to do? Re-Open the poll or what? Because leaving him locked up technically isn't right because then the defunct team would collect victories, and let's face it, a defunct team just can't be collecting the victories.

Yet I do feel for and relate to those who say that a Reverse Draft Order wasn't the best way to do this.

I myself was in favor of the Waiver Wire, for those who were curious.
Not trying to rag on you, and I'll respect whatever decision is made, but sometimes it's the job of the Commisioner to make the unpopular decision that is the fairest for the league as a whole, than leave it up to the others who will just vote for whatever serves them best. Unless all teams get a pick, like they did in the original draft, than drafting blah's player's is not fair for the league as a whole, no matter what the order is. That's what I've been saying for a while, and I understand why people would seize the opportunity to get a good player, because I would too, but that doesn't make it does throw off the balance of the league.

Teams that got to pick last in the draft, were able to pick again before the first teams did, and were given higher waiver priorites for a reason. That was to offset them having to pick last, and I think it works well. Most people hate having to pick first, because by the time they get to pick again, all the other teams have picked twice. Now the teams that got to pick twice before the teams with the early pick, get to get another first or second round pick. That throws everything out of whack. But like I said, I'm not going to keep making a fuss about it, I just mentioned it again, because you brought up your reasoning behind having a democratic decision.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 12:03 AM
  #14
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
Then would you be in favor of reverting to the Waiver Wire?

I am putting my foot down in saying that Blah's team CANNOT remain intact and just locked. Others will play him and may lose, and that is not fair. I know that if his team is locked I will be hearing, "He's defunct, it shouldn't count as a loss" and things of those nature.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-28-2005, 12:13 AM
  #15
DRL
Streak killers!
 
DRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
if we do a reverse draft for blah's players than i think its only fair that the bottom teams get a re-reverse draft for the dropped players and incoming rookies such as ovechkin, carter, perry, etc. cuz i believe belgican not only gets st. louis now but also has #1 waiver priority which basically means he gets ovechkin as well, which is totally unfair that his team gets stacked because he has made no moves. this is why i wanted waiver wire, now the bottom teams get screwed royally unless rookies get a fair shot for there teams.

DRL is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 01:01 AM
  #16
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 500
when is the draft? i havent been paying attention.

bleedgreen is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
  #17
Gumballhead
Registered User
 
Gumballhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,738
vCash: 500
Jeepers, guys. It's just a stupid fantasy league! I can't believe people are still arguing even after a poll was taken. You are making the commish run circles with this, probably making him feel like he can't make anyone happy. If the poll is closed, go with the reverse draft and let's move on. I can't believe people are still whining about stuff and making this drag on even longer.

And of course if there's a reverse draft and your team gets a pick, the only fair thing is to have to drop a player off your roster to make room.

Can we move on?

Gumballhead is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 12:53 PM
  #18
Kaizer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moscow , Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
Jeepers, guys. It's just a stupid fantasy league! I can't believe people are still arguing even after a poll was taken. You are making the commish run circles with this, probably making him feel like he can't make anyone happy. If the poll is closed, go with the reverse draft and let's move on. I can't believe people are still whining about stuff and making this drag on even longer.

And of course if there's a reverse draft and your team gets a pick, the only fair thing is to have to drop a player off your roster to make room.
+1.

Kaizer is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 01:11 PM
  #19
Melrose'sMullet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
The commish should make the decision...that's his duty. Not everyone voted in that poll, so it should be voided. Make the decision commish...get everyone's interest out of this matter and do what's fair for the league. Not to pick on Jeri, but he admitted what was fair but voted what is best for his team. That is understandable, but the commish has to break through all of the bias to level the playing field or else those who stand to gain look out for themselves soley.


I'm telling you right now, if this thing ges down as it was voted upon 1/3-1/2 of the teams will lose interest by December and the league will be useless. The reverse draft is the worst way to perform this. If I were the commish I would lock up the team allowing it to participate as if there was a GM running it. I have been in other fantasy leagues and this is what we have done everytime except once where we had a supplemental draft with the order determined RANDOMLY. But in that draft we were drafting from 3 teams...

Let's just get a quick decision as the season starts in a week and waiting for a decision hurts everyone. Do what is fair for the league as a whole.

Melrose'sMullet is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 01:26 PM
  #20
Kaizer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moscow , Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
After 3 days not everyone voted ... if they don't care, then there is no need in waiting. I don't care about it and I didn't vote too. There were 2 weeks to rank players before draft - someone cared about it and did it, someone didn't, someone didn't know . Lets re-draft in our league to help others who didn't know ?
There were 3 days to poll about "Blah" - The same story.

Kaizer is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 01:36 PM
  #21
Melrose'sMullet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
After 3 days not everyone voted ... if they don't care, then there is no need in waiting. I don't care about it and I didn't vote too. There were 2 weeks to rank players before draft - someone cared about it and did it, someone didn't, someone didn't know . Lets re-draft in our league to help others who didn't know ?
There were 3 days to poll about "Blah" - The same story.
Please just lock up the team...this post is indicaticve of why. I have counted 2 in this thread that didn't vote.

Melrose'sMullet is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
  #22
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 905
Hey guys, caught a quickie break in between classes here on campus.

In order to do a complete "Re-Draft" I would have to create a whole other league, and set up things according to that.

I am tired of the b***ing and moaning going on here. I am not MAD at you guys, I understand your guys' disposition on everything. Doesn't mean I can't be tired of it.

You want a decision, here it is. The Reverse Draft passed by one vote. I did not vote, if I were voting for what was the Fairest thing to do, I would have gone with the Waiver Wire idea, because then those who do pick up players lose their chances at making a play for some of the incoming rookies, such as Carter, Richards, Ovechkin, Phaneuf and so on.

Therefore, by the power vested in me by Yahoo! I hereby declare that the Waiver Wire is how "Blah"'s team will be disbanded. I don't care if the poll has already closed, I don't care if people deem it "unfair" since the poll has already closed.

Basically, if you want a player off of Blah, you got to give up your Waiver position. I will reiterate what I said last night, his team CANNOT remain intact. I do NOT want him to gain any wins because we left him locked. That, that is truly unfair, to allow a defunct team to play, and occasionally pick up victories that can deter someone who has a shot at finishing better had they not lost to a defunct team.

That is my decision, deal with it. Let's move on, after all we are officially ONE WEEK AWAY FROM HOCKEY!!!!!

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-28-2005, 02:20 PM
  #23
Horsehouse
Registered User
 
Horsehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
When I voted, it was a 3-way tie and I'm pretty sure I was the last vote.

I thought my vote was going to actually make a difference

yeah I dont really care that much though. In the words of somebody famous in a movie "Get on with it!"

Horsehouse is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
  #24
Kaizer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moscow , Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
Please just lock up the team...this post is indicaticve of why. I have counted 2 in this thread that didn't vote.
No, because you will decide 2 months what to do with my team in this case
And that post was about situation with vote. If your opinion didn't win I don't want to break the rules and try to change something or try to name this vote as "voided" because everyone know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGuy2325
In order to do a complete "Re-Draft" I would have to create a whole other league, and set up things according to that.

I am tired of the b***ing and moaning going on here. I am not MAD at you guys, I understand your guys' disposition on everything. Doesn't mean I can't be tired of it.
You are wrong. You have the tools to move players from everywhere to everywhere in our league. And after "offline" draft, f.e. here, you will disband "Blah" and move players from FA/waivers to teams according their selections. It will take us about few days to draft but it will take 20 mins from you to move players.

PS If we can vote after vote a la KSGuy2325 - I select reverse draft


Last edited by Kaizer: 09-28-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Kaizer is offline  
Old
09-28-2005, 03:22 PM
  #25
Melrose'sMullet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
No, because you will decide 2 months what to do with my team in this case
And that post was about situation with vote. If your opinion didn't win I don't want to break the rules and try to change something or try to name this vote as "voided" because everyone know about it.


You are wrong. You have the tools to move players from everywhere to everywhere in our league. And after "offline" draft, f.e. here, you will disband "Blah" and move players from FA/waivers to teams according their selections. It will take us about few days to draft but it will take 20 mins from you to move players.

PS If we can vote after vote a la KSGuy2325 - I select reverse draft
Good grief...this is becomming a joke.

Melrose'sMullet is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.