Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Who's out?

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Gary

vCash: 500
my lines are thornton/murray/knuble, green/samsonov/?, rolston/axe/?. we know the 1st line works. green was great with palffy and samsonov is the same type of player, and rolly-axe are well-known to be good together also.

Old
10-07-2003, 03:49 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Just my opinion, but I'd much rather they keep Stock over Grosek. Neither player is going to win any skill competitions, but I think that Grosek takes more bad penalties, and doesn't have the ability to get the crowd into a game as much as Stock does. A lot of people at the Fleet see PJ get on the ice and get excited, whether it's warranted or not. It's true. Other than that, all things are pretty equal.
I think the Bruins would be fools not to dress Stock for home games, scratch him on the road in favor of someone else if you don't need him, but I think they'd lose more people in the seats if Stock wasn't out there. He is the definition of fan favorite.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Jeff from Maine

Bruwinz20

Bruwinz20,

AGAIN, you are looking at my posts way too deeply!

My "whereever" comment regarding Zinovjev was SOLEY regarding this....is he going to be in Providence or back in Russia. In other words "Wherever he goes, I believe such and such..."

NO ULTERIOR motives whatsoever!

As far as the cutting of slack...Huml or Grosek.

To me, it comes down to the TEAM NEED and the PLAYER NEED!

Humls needs are TO PLAY!
The teams need are to have a top line FINISHER!

If Huml is going to play, then he HAS to be on the top 2 lines. It does him no good, IMHO, to play on the 4th line. He has to play with offensive producers.

Furthermore, IMHO, in the big scheme of things, 4th line grinder is not as important to this teams success than the top 2 line finishers.

This teams failing of late are in large part directly attributable to the top line guys FAILING to produce when it matters. The 4th line guys have more closely filled their potential and expectations. Again, thats just my opinion.

That said, Huml is taking (MY OPINION) a MUCH more valuable line up spot than is Grosek.

That said my opinion is that Huml SHOULD be under the gun more than say a Grosek.

Just as its my opinion that Murray should be under the gun more than Stock!

Thats NOT to say that Grosek and Stock shouldnt be held accountable. They SHOULD!

What it says is this....

Is a top 2 line wing who scores at the rate that Huml did (especially considering that he had one of the best puck distributors as his pivot last year), and who hasnt produced this preseason yet....fullfilling his job as well as the grinder who takes on the tough guy when needed and plays the role of PITA (Pain in the....) to a "T"?

I would subject to you that Stock and Grosek did their jobs better than Huml.

But again, thats my opinion.

Age matters little to me....top 2 line duty is VERY, VERY important in the NHL.

If you take a slot in that realm...you MUST produce.

Later

Old
10-07-2003, 09:48 AM
WickedBruinsGirl
I like the remix

Just an observation...Since Donato went unselected and unprotected in the Waiver Draft, doesn't this mean he cleared waivers?

Old
10-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Pielsman

Sammy - Thornton - Knuble

Bring back Batman and Robin, these two guys just click. Knuble can do the dirty work and showed that with the ice time, he can put up the points.

Rolston - Bergeron - Murray

I like this second line a lot. Bergeron is solid passer and great at the faceoff dot. On his left and right are two players who have been near the top of the league in shots and goals the past two years.

Axe - Green - Lapointe (Huml until Lapointe
comes back)

Finally! A real third line center! Green brings everything you want from his spot. Axe and Lapointe are solid third line players, both bring two different games to the table and both will be key members of the team yet again.

Stock - Grosek - McCarthy
-From Veddar
__________________________________________________ __________

I like the above proposed lines by Veddar (sp) the most so far. Fourth line will be subject to change, and Huml could be sent down pretty quickly too. -Piels

Old
10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
lostboy_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy b's fan
"I am of the opinion that if you are taking a roster spot you HAVE to produce. If you dont produce you dont DESERVE the roster spot."
jeff from maine

thats very true
but to flip that oliwa, mcinnes, are a few names that come to mind that took up roster spots and did very little to nothing in bruins uni's
ahhh you can also add grosek and stock to that list. production (meaning points....) wise both guys were pretty miserable. the difference one must take into account when looking at production is each players role. stock and oliwa were not expected to score much. mcuseless and grosek were expected to be regular contributors by management and co. if you checked out the articles with MOC's comments on their initial signings with the club these points were made clearly (forgive me for not providing links, but the articles are 1-2years old and may not be on the net any more).

huml did produce last year for a bit before he was sent down for lackluster play. whther he was sent down too early is debatable. but befroe being sent dwon he was tied for second or third in rookie scoring. to me that is producing. though he had some problems finishing during camp, i think he played well overall (from the few games i saw and listened to) and certainly well enough to be a fill in well lapointe and zamuner are on the shelf.....

i like many would not be surprised to see him sent down when zamunr and lapointe return....

by the way...according to what i have found on the net: lapointe is shooting to be back and playing on the first six game road trip. zamuner is out two to three weeks with a serios hamstring/groin strain....

Closed Thread