HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Sully Becoming the New....Mr. Pred?

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2005, 07:32 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Is Sully Becoming the New....Mr. Pred?

check out this press conference from Sully's Off Player of the Week.

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?story_id=555

Between things like this and his between periods interviews....I think he is becoming Nashville's greatest spokesman.....anyone else agree?

Old
10-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Pred303

i agree..i think the confidence of the new 4 year contract has jumped him to the forefront...

wasn't someone on here worried that sullivan never said anything good about nsahville?.. maybe it's just my imagination

Old
10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
wasn't someone on here worried that sullivan never said anything good about nsahville?.. maybe it's just my imagination
obviously he reads these boards and wanted to get word to me to rectify a misperception that I had regarding his silence.......

Old
10-17-2005, 09:05 PM
handtrick

This was my favorite part of the interview......

Q. Just curious about the atmosphere in Nashville. Typically this time of year with football going strong, I'm curious as to how the fans there have welcomed the team back from the lockout. I'm sure the team's success helps. What are your perceptions of how the fans have welcomed you guys back?

STEVE SULLIVAN: It's been unbelievable. Ever since training camp started, I think our fans have come back probably bigger and stronger than it ever was before. I think Nashville took a huge hit during the lockout from the media, saying that ours was a market that might not be able to make it through a season, the lockout, and that our market might not be a very strong hockey market.

I think that they're wrong. I think the fans here love their hockey. I think we've had a couple home games with 16,000-plus fans. The word around the street, everyone's talking about the Predators. Yeah, we're excited because our community's excited and the fans are back. Even before the success of our early start here, the fans have been very, very helpful at coming back, and even in the preseason they've been to the games. We're really excited about this market.

Q. Have you gotten recognized when you're out doing stuff, grocery shopping or whatever, going out at all?

STEVE SULLIVAN: Ten times more than ever in Chicago.

Q. Seriously?

STEVE SULLIVAN: Seriously, yeah, absolutely. I think it's a very close-knit community here. Everywhere you go you get a tap on the back. They're such friendly people here. They just want to talk hockey. It's great.

Old
10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
veronesepk

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick

Between things like this and his between periods interviews....I think he is becoming Nashville's greatest spokesman.....anyone else agree?
Ol' Scotty Walker is even more tradeable now...

Nomorekids - I have officially changed my tune .

Old
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
HT, I read that part and just laughed. It's like he stunned the guy asking the question. Some people just don't have a clue.

Old
10-17-2005, 09:45 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
The last question and answer is a true vindication for Coach Trotz.

I know we have talked that Mason would be a good guy to be at the bar with but man I tell you Sully would have everybody rolling. He is one hell of a funny cat.

Old
10-17-2005, 09:55 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
The last question and answer is a true vindication for Coach Trotz.
I agree...I don't ever remember a current player complimenting a current coach on as many different levels as Sully did Trotz with that one answer.

Also before we talked about how important chemistry was. With so many wholesale roster changes other teams have had as opposed to the Preds, and how the Preds select players that fit into the Predator culture....I think this is one of the main keys to our early success.....Sully's answer below would tend to support that.

STEVE SULLIVAN: I don't know if we have a swagger just yet. I think we just really enjoy our company. I think the guys are just having a lot of fun. We enjoy going to the rink every day. Ever since training camp opened, you just see the guys very energetic and giddy almost. We just really enjoy being around each other, enjoy playing hockey together.

It's really a close-knit bunch of guys who have gotten very close very quickly and I think that's the reason why we're having success so far.

Old
10-17-2005, 11:21 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
I agree...I don't ever remember a current player complimenting a current coach on as many different levels as Sully did Trotz with that one answer.

Also before we talked about how important chemistry was. With so many wholesale roster changes other teams have had as opposed to the Preds, and how the Preds select players that fit into the Predator culture....I think this is one of the main keys to our early success.....Sully's answer below would tend to support that.

STEVE SULLIVAN: I don't know if we have a swagger just yet. I think we just really enjoy our company. I think the guys are just having a lot of fun. We enjoy going to the rink every day. Ever since training camp opened, you just see the guys very energetic and giddy almost. We just really enjoy being around each other, enjoy playing hockey together.

It's really a close-knit bunch of guys who have gotten very close very quickly and I think that's the reason why we're having success so far.
I wonder if the Preds will keep a player on the team that turns out to be a cancer? Even if they are a 80 point type player?

Old
10-18-2005, 12:17 AM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
I wonder if the Preds will keep a player on the team that turns out to be a cancer? Even if they are a 80 point type player?
the only 2 guys in Preds history to even remotely approach "cancer" status were Cliff Ronning, although it's possible, if not probable that his cancer status was overstated, and Mike Dunham and they were both shipped out in bold deals that were mainly done to free those who were suppressed by them on the ice (Legwand/Vokoun).

While hardly the status of a Sully or Kariya, Poile pulled the respective triggers when Cliffy was the franchise's leading scorer and a popular player and Dunham was the franchise's leading goalie and somewhat popular, thus proving he has the intestinal fortitude to rid the franchise of any player of any status.

Old
10-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Pred303

that is one great interview.. and what a ringing endorsement for nashville, the preds, and trotz.. but what really stands out to me is sullivan, can you imagine this type of candid, intelligent interview done with a player of the week in the NFL or NBA?.. it's why you have to love hockey payers, in general,they tend to be fans of the game like all of us..

oh, and when that captain job comes open..

Old
10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:

Im just glad they interview and english speaking player. Some intermission interviews that Ive been hearing are hilarious.

it is uh, fun, you know, uh I skate, uh you know, I shoot puck in net, and uh it is fun game, you know,we just need to, uh, skate and we win the game, you know.

Old
10-18-2005, 11:30 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Im just glad they interview and english speaking player. Some intermission interviews that Ive been hearing are hilarious.

it is uh, fun, you know, uh I skate, uh you know, I shoot puck in net, and uh it is fun game, you know,we just need to, uh, skate and we win the game, you know.
Plenty of native English speakers talk like that, you know

Old
10-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Fan-of-#9

I think Sullivan will contend for the scoring title this year, he's got 40 PTS in 29 games since joining the Preds in 03-04, it looks like he's enjoyed his time in Nashville so far.

Closed Thread