HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preseason GDT: St. Louis Vs. Nashville [in KC]

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2005, 07:58 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Preseason GDT: St. Louis Vs. Nashville [in KC]

Anybody know the lineup for tonite.....

I wouldn't expect the exact same one as Wednesday.....I don't see Weber, Fiddler, and Haydar playing in all three....

Old
09-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Anybody know the lineup for tonite.....

I wouldn't expect the exact same one as Wednesday.....I don't see Weber, Fiddler, and Haydar playing in all three....
maybe seamus's buddy can tell him..he was dead on for last night's dress group

Old
09-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Pred303

it was funny last night listening to the post game show...and hearing willy trying to explain about the goalie trapezoid to a caller....and getting it totally screwed up in doing so...basically he says that's it's illegal for the goalie to play the puck IN THE AREA behind the net and no one corrects him...he then said "they were thinking about painting the area behind the net to show where the goalie couldn't go" to convince anyone listening that he knew nothing about what he was talking about and it wasn't simply a slip of the tongue...managed to get it all totally reversed,i thought i was living in reverso-world.. can hardly wait for the next game and call in show,there's going to be about 1000 people totally screwed up on this..

i like willy,but this was ridiculous to the extreme,that our call in show host doesn't know the rules

sigh

but,that rule change does create some interesting things...any puck that is simply feathered down ice into the corners by the pk'ers against your pp has got to be cut off by the goalie...and several times last night the area caught the goalie by surprise where he didn't know whether to try to come out or not,and his indecision resulted in the other team reaching a puck the goalie normally would have played

very few long end line to far blueline bomb passes...where this two line pass removal comes in is when the dman starts to breakout,and instead of having to skate all the way to the blueline to make a breakout pass to a winger,he now can make that breakout pass from the vicinity of the faceoff circles if the forwards break into the open...i really like to watch how this speeds up the flow on breakouts right now

and thanks enoch..i didn't realize we were already shorthanded when pivko took that delayed penalty,which of course explains it...so frigging many penalties it was hard to keep up

Old
09-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Pred303

now as to tootoo...one thing you know the coaching staff has to be thinking about is all these penalties being called...if they figure it's going to keep up as the season starts in these numbers,you would think it'd make them more prone than normal to think about sending toots down to milwaukee and going with an upshall(or a radulov)...because if they call it this tight,you won't need a toots to draw penalties,speed will draw plenty..and again if it's called that tight toots will take a minor every shift and become a huge liability in all likelihood

just more food for thought

Old
09-24-2005, 01:36 PM
CupDrought67

I can't believe I missed this game.. argggh
What was the crowd like and how was the game?

Old
09-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupDrought67
I can't believe I missed this game.. argggh
What was the crowd like and how was the game?
listed crowd was 12,500+ it was a loud crowd, for the attendance

Old
09-24-2005, 02:48 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
now as to tootoo...one thing you know the coaching staff has to be thinking about is all these penalties being called...if they figure it's going to keep up as the season starts in these numbers,you would think it'd make them more prone than normal to think about sending toots down to milwaukee and going with an upshall(or a radulov)...because if they call it this tight,you won't need a toots to draw penalties,speed will draw plenty..and again if it's called that tight toots will take a minor every shift and become a huge liability in all likelihood

just more food for thought
P303.....this is the exact reason that for some time I have been saying Tootoo doesn't make this team. His style is "old rules." There is a reason why Trotz called these the "Tootoo rules." Speed, and getting the step on the opponent, will be the key to drawing penalties.....less so retaliation. Many slow footed defenseman will not be able to cope with the new rules.

Don't get me wrong....he brings an incredibly unique entertaining style to the organization, and the overall amount of penalties will ultimately go down as people get use to the new rules, or God forbid, they revert to more of the old ways of calling obstruction. But Tootoo's game is too one dimensional, at this point, for the "new rules." We just have too much talent too waste a roster spot on him at this point.

Perrault, Stevenson, and Robitaille have been around long enough that their development won't be inhibited by being scratched, or playing limited ice time.....My thoughts are that Upshall [who could realistically be effective on lines 2, 3, or 4] and Radulov [who really could only be effective on one of the 1st two lines] would need full fledged ice time to continue their development.

All that being said....to go out on a limb right now....I say we carry 23.....send Tootoo down.....keep Stevenson, Perrault, and Robitaille.....with Upshall and Radulov battling for the last spot.....with Upshall having the edge at this point, because I think Trotzy's overall inclination is to keep Radulov in the juniors this year. Rads is just making it awful hard on Trotz right now because he brings such a unique skill set to the Preds.

Just my thoughts.....I know many of you feel different [especially Trigg about Toots].....but it is fun just to have so many options and the chance to speculate.....

Old
09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Pattypred

I was at practice today and tonight's lineup will be:

Hamhuis, Eaton, Tootoo, Hartnell, Allison, Robitaille, Stevenson, Shishkanov, Pivko, Gamache, Smithson, Brown, Klein, Suter, Beech and Upshall with Mason and Finley in goal.

I know that's only 18 players but 3 I did not see in the early practice were Fiddler, Weber and Markov.

At the first practice, we saw the goalies switch sticks and gloves and all the players switched sticks. It was really funny watching everyone playing the "opposite" way from normal.

Early lines (hopefully for tomorrow's game) looked like this:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat (really looked awesome)
Sullivan - Perreault - Walker (Walks couldn't seem to hit between the red pipes)
Hordichuk - Johnson - Hall (fiesty line that looked good together)
Radulov - Classen - Haydar (Radulov was grinning from ear to ear having lots of fun)

D-men were: Zidlicky, Zanon, Brookbank, and Timonen

When I asked Rinne if he was going to play tomorrow night, he said he would be heading to Milwaukee tomorrow and seemed truly excited about it. It certainly appears that he wants to be here and learn the NA way to play. He's going to give Finley a definite run for his money.

Speaking of Finley - I actually told Finley to his face that he played a great game last night. That really, really hurt (those who know my feelings on him will understand that one.)

Old
09-24-2005, 04:09 PM
handtrick

What about these lines [this is keeping strict with the left and right sides on wing]:

Hartnell/Robitaille/Gamache
Shish/Beech/Pivko
Upshall/Smithson/Brown
Stevenson/Fiddler/Tootoo

Markov/Hamhuis
Suter/Eaton
Klein/Weber/Allison

Mason/Finley

Old
09-24-2005, 04:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

please post comprehensive play by play reports for those of us that will once again be stuck at work

Old
09-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Who wants to bet on the chance that 104.5 will actually even have the webcast? Post a working link if you find a site that is carrying it. Also, chat is open, don't know how many of you can/will be there.
NP Chat

Old
09-24-2005, 07:16 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Who wants to bet on the chance that 104.5 will actually even have the webcast? Post a working link if you find a site that is carrying it. Also, chat is open, don't know how many of you can/will be there.
NP Chat

here is the Preds link it is on 560 AM...http://www.radiocast24x7.com/wnsr1_launch.htm

it is buffering alot though

Old
09-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Pred303

Quote:
here is the Preds link it is on 560 AM...http://www.radiocast24x7.com/wnsr1_launch.htm

it is buffering alot though
lol mine is working fine..no buffering at all

Old
09-24-2005, 07:31 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
lol mine is working fine..no buffering at all
bite me if you don't mind....

Old
09-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Pred303

Quote:
bite me if you don't mind....
..your wife told me you were crazy today, i went along with her so as not to upset her

Old
09-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Pred303

good to see weber and suter back out there tonight..not near as much offense out there for us tonight

Old
09-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Pred303

toots makes a statement he won't go quietly into the night

1-0 preds..toots from hartnell and klein ,toots follows his own shot

Old
09-24-2005, 07:58 PM
handtrick

between the buffering and my lovely wife calling, I haven't heard a damn thing yet..........my favorite avatar by the way, Pred303....the circle of life...

Old
09-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Pred303

1:03 of a 5 on 3

what a screwed up period...all these penalties jeezus

Last edited by Pred303: 09-24-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old
09-24-2005, 08:27 PM
handtrick

No NHL stats tonight

Preds leading SOG 13-5 after 1st period, but 2 of those 5 are shorthanded attempts

Old
09-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Pred303

well...so much for that 1-0 win...

i cann't figure how we score more than 2 with this lineup unless it's on the pp

Old
09-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Pred303

this game reminds me of the Admirals versus the Blues

Old
09-24-2005, 09:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Funny how they call this a "home game," when clearly everyone there is there to see the Blues.

Old
09-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Pred303

mason continues to be strong in these shootouts,

and gamache is the best we have at this

Old
09-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Pred303

we have to come up with a great shootout threesome for these shootouts(really need to go at least 4 strong ones deep)....so many points are going to be on the line..maybe as many as 6-7 extra points might well ride on this

i'm still hoping erat,kariya,sullivan,legwand can be well above average in this area

beech with a couple of early penalties effectively took his name off the list in my mind..robitaille with not much to show for tonight either,even though he did have one off the crossbar on one of the pp's..tootoo no doubt helped himself some with that goal

defense sounded like they played well,simply too many penalties taken though and no offense,we were about 0 for 8 on the pp and that killed us..mason conitnued his strong play,finley sounded ok...those two quick ones on the pk ended this one

Closed Thread