HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Perreault

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2005, 12:12 AM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Perreault

What are the chances of Yannic Perreault making the Predators? I mean now Kris Beech has been sent to Milwaukee, the only one left that threatens Yannic getting signed is Randy Robitaille, but come on. It is common sense that Perreault will do alot more to help the team than Robitaille ever did before.

Old
09-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

He's worth his weight in semi-precious metallic pucks just for his face-off ability. He can also play on a scoring line and the PP when injuries strike. Between Robitaille and Perreault, I would take Perreault, even with the new emphasis on speed.

Old
09-26-2005, 12:32 AM
lightning_legwand*

I totally agree with you! But what are the chances of Nashville actually doing it and sending Robitaille to Milwaukee or to replace the injured Nichol?
Will they still be under the $28.5 million cap for revenue sharing if they sign Perreault? How much woudl Perreault want/get?

Old
09-26-2005, 07:42 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I doubt it will be too much more than the minimum.

Old
09-26-2005, 09:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

robo and perreault are pretty much neck and neck right now. both have had strong preseason games, both have about the same amount of points so far. perreault is a better faceoff guy...but is slow. robo is fast...and is a decent faceoff guy. it's anyone's guess.

Old
09-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Hockeystatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
robo and perreault are pretty much neck and neck right now. both have had strong preseason games, both have about the same amount of points so far. perreault is a better faceoff guy...but is slow. robo is fast...and is a decent faceoff guy. it's anyone's guess.
Is it possible they keep both?

Old
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Da Game

Send a message via AIM to Da Game
According to Code from hockey nations.com he signed a one year deal with Nashville.

Old
09-26-2005, 11:31 AM
lightning_legwand*

Do you have a link for us to see that he got signed??
Perreault is not that slow and I think he will be ALOT better down the stretch than Randy would.

Old
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Da Game

Send a message via AIM to Da Game
I just read it from that place. Code character seems to be right a lot. Y is a good player, but it's an ok signing.

Old
09-27-2005, 12:11 PM
lightning_legwand*

Yannic is alot better than Randy.

Old
09-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Habsaholic

Perrault is not as bad as everyone says, at the price we paid for him he sucks but for cheaper, he is a valuable player

Old
09-27-2005, 12:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaholic
Perrault is not as bad as everyone says, at the price we paid for him he sucks but for cheaper, he is a valuable player

He looked pretty strong between Sullivan and Walker, which is probably where he'd play if he is in fact offered a contract.

Kariya Legwand Erat
Sullivan Perreault Walker
Hartnell Johnson Hall
Hordichuk Nichol Upshall\Tootoo

Timonen Markov
Hamhuis Suter
Zidlicky Eaton

That's my guess at the final team\lines.

Old
09-27-2005, 12:37 PM
JV

Perreault is not a good playmaker. It's too bad he sucks on the wing also. He won't do much down the stretch, can be expected to disappear in the post-season (should the Preds get there) and it's unlikely he'll thrive in the new NHL, where his lack of speed will be even more pronounced. If he's in your top 6, you're in trouble. Ask Habs fans.

Old
09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Perreault is not a good playmaker. It's too bad he sucks on the wing also. He won't do much down the stretch, can be expected to disappear in the post-season (should the Preds get there) and it's unlikely he'll thrive in the new NHL, where his lack of speed will be even more pronounced. If he's in your top 6, you're in trouble. Ask Habs fans.
Well, as a habs fan, I don't think Perreault would be a top 6 forward on a contending team, but as far as being a plumber on a team in reconstruction, he's a good fit.

Also, I don't know where you get the "disappearing in the playoff" bit. Career wise, he's 30 pts in 53 playoff game, which is more or less his normal scoring pace.

Frankly, for a journeyman, Perreault is a good choice. As long as you don't expect him to do miracles, Preds fans should be satisfied with his performance. Expect 20-25 goals and 45-50 pts, with very good faceoff skills to boot.

Old
09-27-2005, 01:00 PM
JV

You're right. Perreault did a serviceable job in Mtl during a time when we were thin down the middle. And his playoff numbers are decent. He can be a maddening player to watch, though.

Old
09-27-2005, 01:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe
Well, as a habs fan, I don't think Perreault would be a top 6 forward on a contending team, but as far as being a plumber on a team in reconstruction, he's a good fit.

Also, I don't know where you get the "disappearing in the playoff" bit. Career wise, he's 30 pts in 53 playoff game, which is more or less his normal scoring pace.

Frankly, for a journeyman, Perreault is a good choice. As long as you don't expect him to do miracles, Preds fans should be satisfied with his performance. Expect 20-25 goals and 45-50 pts, with very good faceoff skills to boot.

that's all he'd be required to do. understand that the preds, historically, are AWFUL in regard to faceoffs. that's the main reason perreault would make it over robo at this point. too many times we lost draws in our end that ended up in the back of the net...and too many times we lost valuable seconds of PP time due to lost draws. His faceoff ability alone would make him worth the risk. If he can net 20 goals on top of that...it's all gravy.

Old
09-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Darz

I don't understand why anybody would think Perreault would do worse in the new NHL than in the old. Not saying he will do great, but he didn't really play defence in the old NHL, so his lack of speed won't hurt in the new NHL. I think in a league where Perreault can get into scoring zones without being checked he could score alot more goals than before. In the old NHL if Perreault headed to the net, he would be tied up and neutralized, but in the new NHL, the defence won't be able to do that to him, and if Perreault is around the net with the puck on his stick, he defiantely knows what to do with it. He can roof the puck from close in as good as anybody. Will defiantely help any teams PP.

09-28-2005, 01:00 AM
lightning_legwand*

He has been looking good so far with the Preds.

Closed Thread