HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dark Horse team of the West

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2005, 11:12 PM
  #1
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,765
vCash: 500
Dark Horse team of the West

As I look at your team the Preds are stacked and the team in the West that I will be following, hoping you meet the Sens in the Stanly Cup finals. The roster is insane

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Hartnall-Sullivan-Hall
Erat-Johnson-Tootoo
Upshall-Perreault-Hordichuk

Sorry If i'm missing a player or dont have the proper line combanations but that group of forwards has to be top 10 in the league. The Defense though is problably top 3 with only Ottawas and Calgarys defense being better, but an argument can be made for Nashville as the best of the bunch.

Timonen-Hamhuis
Zidlicky-Eaton
Markov-Weber

Thats not even including Suter or Klein.

Then you guys have Vokoun in net, who should win around 40 games this season. I assume Finley will be the backup and do a respectable job in that roll.

You guys have one hell of a team down there in Nashville, all the best to ya and I hope you enjoy the team that you will be able to see night in night out.

The Fuhr* is offline  
Old
09-25-2005, 11:42 PM
  #2
pred33fan
Registered User
 
pred33fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to hear fans from other teams saying what I (as well as other Pred fans) already know/believe.

No Finley backing up Vokoun though. He's already been assigned to Milwaukee. Chris Mason is our backup.

pred33fan is offline  
Old
09-25-2005, 11:42 PM
  #3
PredDave
Registered User
 
PredDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
I'm thinking the season will begin more like:
======================
Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Perreault - Walker
Hartnell - Robitaille - Hall
Hordichuk - Johnson - Tootoo

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Zidlicky
Eaton - Suter

Vokoun
Mason

I think our future will be great with guys like Weber & Radulov in the system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
As I look at your team the Preds are stacked and the team in the West that I will be following, hoping you meet the Sens in the Stanly Cup finals. The roster is insane

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Hartnall-Sullivan-Hall
Erat-Johnson-Tootoo
Upshall-Perreault-Hordichuk

Sorry If i'm missing a player or dont have the proper line combanations but that group of forwards has to be top 10 in the league. The Defense though is problably top 3 with only Ottawas and Calgarys defense being better, but an argument can be made for Nashville as the best of the bunch.

Timonen-Hamhuis
Zidlicky-Eaton
Markov-Weber

Thats not even including Suter or Klein.

Then you guys have Vokoun in net, who should win around 40 games this season. I assume Finley will be the backup and do a respectable job in that roll.

You guys have one hell of a team down there in Nashville, all the best to ya and I hope you enjoy the team that you will be able to see night in night out.

PredDave is offline  
Old
09-25-2005, 11:51 PM
  #4
Stars-Preds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
It looks like both Robitaille and Perreault could make the opening squad because Nichol has been hurt. I'm disappointed in Beech though.

I like those lines PredDave

Stars-Preds is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
  #5
C-J Carlson
Registered User
 
C-J Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Jordin Tootoo didn't make enough improvements to certain aspects of his game in AHL Milwaukee last season for him to make the Predators this season.

Everybody seems to forget Jeremy Stevenson has had a great camp. He'll be on the fourth line with Hordichuk and whoever in the middle.

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leg11wand
It looks like both Robitaille and Perreault could make the opening squad because Nichol has been hurt. I'm disappointed in Beech though.

I like those lines PredDave
Nichol is skating again, and should be ready by opening night.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
  #7
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
Jordin Tootoo didn't make enough improvements to certain aspects of his game in AHL Milwaukee last season for him to make the Predators this season.

Everybody seems to forget Jeremy Stevenson has had a great camp. He'll be on the fourth line with Hordichuk and whoever in the middle.

Anyhoo...
Who said he had a "great" camp?

triggrman is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 04:02 PM
  #8
jstreet
Smashville
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,552
vCash: 15000
how is Nichol's contract structured? Is there any chance that he goes to Milwaukee so that Yanic and Robo could both stay?

jstreet is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
  #9
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: all the wrong places
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
how is Nichol's contract structured? Is there any chance that he goes to Milwaukee so that Yanic and Robo could both stay?
no, no room for 3 top 2 centermen on our squad and Robo or Yanic can't grind on the 4th line, and do you think Trotz is going to demote Johnson our captain to the 4th line?

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 04:35 PM
  #10
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
I haven't been all that impressed with Randy.

Pattypred is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 04:52 PM
  #11
C-J Carlson
Registered User
 
C-J Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Who said he had a "great" camp?
Most reports I've read have mentioned Jeremy Stevenson having a very good training camp. It's been made a special note of in many reports. Don't ask me where to find those reports though, there's been too many, and I don't keep links for them. It may even have been mentioned in a couple of Tennessean.com articles, but I'm not sure. But I know it's been mentioned more than a few times.

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
  #12
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
I haven't noticed Stevenson standing out in scrimmages or in preseason games, especially enough to consider "great".

I think Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Hamhuis, Markov, Kimmo and Radulov have had great camps, Jeremy doesn't come close to any of these guys.

triggrman is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 08:41 PM
  #13
Thundermare
Registered User
 
Thundermare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,804
vCash: 500
Darkhorse

My question would be more are they still darkhorse???? :

I mean just look at that Defence... It's just insane

EA has them as one of the best team in the league.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite team

Thundermare is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
  #14
PredDave
Registered User
 
PredDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
I hope we hear of Yanic Perreault being signed soon and him making the big club. He really deserves it!

I have been impressed by the play of Smithson, Pivko, and Hartnell during this camp. Radulov, Klein & Weber are soooo close to being Predators (maybe next year?)

Did anyone read Buccigross' new article on ESPN.COM ? He picked the Predators to win the Central division this year!!

PredDave is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
  #15
C-J Carlson
Registered User
 
C-J Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I haven't noticed Stevenson standing out in scrimmages or in preseason games, especially enough to consider "great".

I think Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Hamhuis, Markov, Kimmo and Radulov have had great camps, Jeremy doesn't come close to any of these guys.
Those players have had an excellent camp. Stevenson's had a great camp. ;-)

Also, a great camp for one player may not be the same as a great camp for another player.

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline  
Old
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
  #16
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 24,571
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
Jordin Tootoo didn't make enough improvements to certain aspects of his game in AHL Milwaukee last season for him to make the Predators this season.
Everybody seems to forget Jeremy Stevenson has had a great camp. He'll be on the fourth line with Hordichuk and whoever in the middle.

Anyhoo...
Wow I thought he was a shoe-in. Anyways, im not considering the preds to be a darkhorse team, because I think they have the personnel to make the playoffs this season. Solid forward lines, arguably the best defensive unit in the game, stellar goaltending and of course Mr. Trotz. I would define the preds as a team primed to make the playoffs. I would say a true darkhorse team in the west would be Columbus....but thats me.

The Kingslayer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.