HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey interviewed by Claude Mailhot - CKAC

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 05:26 PM
HABitude

vCash: 500
Gainey interviewed by Claude Mailhot - CKAC

Good interview with Bob Gainey in french, Bob hasn't lost all his french and his class. They talked about several things; the future, Brisebois, Theodore, the development of the young players, but mostly the change of attitude.

Bob had a few meeting with Brisebois and he was getting aware of the bad circle of booing a player, the player starts to play bad, then the booing again. Bob met Patrice and they both had an agreement: Patrice will show at the camp in shape and Bob will help him with the other things where he can help (last saturday). Bob is convice that Patrice has a few good years in tank and want to break the bad circle.

You know what? I like Bob Gainey a lot. He can bring a respectable NHL goon in the team, get rid of some of the dead wood here but what he brings the most is a new attitude. He said that he wants to see a team play together. Win a tight defensive game or win an all-offensive game, as long as this team is playing like all for the team. I said many times last winter on this forum that Habs team wasn't a team. Now it will start to look like a team.

A goon like Worrell comes in Montreal and put his glove on Saku's face? Don't worry, Langdon will take care of it. For players that were coming here doing a party on ice, it's over. Gainey is here and will do what ever he can to help. The players knows that and they will do a bit more now with the help of a big brother.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Good interview with Bob Gainey in french, Bob hasn't lost all his french and his class. They talked about several things; the future, Brisebois, Theodore, the development of the young players, but mostly the change of attitude.

Bob had a few meeting with Brisebois and he was getting aware of the bad circle of booing a player, the player starts to play bad, then the booing again. Bob met Patrice and they both had an agreement: Patrice will show at the camp in shape and Bob will help him with the other things where he can help (last saturday). Bob is convice that Patrice has a few good years in tank and want to break the bad circle.

You know what? I like Bob Gainey a lot. He can bring a respectable NHL goon in the team, get rid of some of the dead wood here but what he brings the most is a new attitude. He said that he wants to see a team play together. Win a tight defensive game or win an all-offensive game, as long as this team is playing like all for the team. I said many times last winter on this forum that Habs team wasn't a team. Now it will start to look like a team.

A goon like Worrell comes in Montreal and put his glove on Saku's face? Don't worry, Langdon will take care of it. For players that were coming here doing a party on ice, it's over. Gainey is here and will do what ever he can to help. The players knows that and they will do a bit more now with the help of a big brother.
I'm a big Savard fan and I am a big Gainey fan, so it's great to see what both of them have done. Gainey I really like how's he handled certain situations, as you can tell he's not a rookie GM for sure.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Lil Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
You know what? I like Bob Gainey a lot. He can bring a respectable NHL goon in the team, get rid of some of the dead wood here but what he brings the most is a new attitude. He said that he wants to see a team play together. Win a tight defensive game or win an all-offensive game, as long as this team is playing like all for the team.
I think you're right, the biggest thing that Gainey brings to the team is a new attitude. Gainey is here to build a winning team, and the first thing he is changing is the perception of the team. A losing team in Montreal will not be accepted, and he has started his transformation. His first big step was to back up Brisebois, who is not the worst d-man in the league, but he was by far the worst treated d-man out there. Next step, a real heavyweight in Langdon, and a firecracker attitude in Begin. These guys will do what is asked of them.

Gainey's next decisions will no doubt be to evaluate the talent in the system, and see what pieces he does, and does not like. I would expect that after Christmas sometime there will be a move or two made. It might not be what we would expect, but I am sure Gainey will only make moves that will benifit the club for both now and the future. He has a lot of work to do, as evaluation of his club in game situations is no small task. I will avoid naming players that I think should stay or go, because I don't think this is a thread for those discussions, but rather a thread to appluade Gainey for his early efforts, and to our future success! GO BOB GO!

Closed Thread