HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who starts in net?

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
Who starts in net?

The usual question with the Flyers it seems... but who gets the start in Game #1?

Jeff Hackett who is under-rated in my opinion as a result of playing behind leaky defenses for his entire career or Robert Esche who is very promising but still has the usual problems of many, many rookie goaltenders like controlling rebounds and staying focussed for the full 60 minutes despite TV time-outs, slow games, and low shot totals.

I've believed all along that it would be around 65-35 between the two, with Hackett getting more games this year and giving way to Esche next season. Any reason to change that opinion?

Old
10-06-2003, 11:33 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Sounds like you've followed Hackett, so your predictions should be pretty close if Jeff stays healthy.....which has been a major problem in recent years.

If Hack stays healthy, it should go according to that plan. But if not, I believe by playoff time the Flyers #1 will be a netminder not yet on the roster.

Old
10-06-2003, 11:36 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefic74
The usual question with the Flyers it seems... but who gets the start in Game #1?

Jeff Hackett who is under-rated in my opinion as a result of playing behind leaky defenses for his entire career or Robert Esche who is very promising but still has the usual problems of many, many rookie goaltenders like controlling rebounds and staying focussed for the full 60 minutes despite TV time-outs, slow games, and low shot totals.

I've believed all along that it would be around 65-35 between the two, with Hackett getting more games this year and giving way to Esche next season. Any reason to change that opinion?
Hackett deserves to start opening night, and I think he will.

Old
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Malefic74

Thanks guys.

Hope Hackett does well, he's a pretty classy guy and deserves some kind of good luck at some point.

Old
10-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Teezax

Esche didn't look good in the preseason at all. Hackett will get the start and hopefully will silence his critics....it's been a long time since we had a consistent goaltender, and I'm fed up of hearing the media always using that.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Flyers26

Hackett will start, no doubt about it.

Closed Thread