HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

My Lineup

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 08:43 AM
O.T.

vCash: 500
My Lineup

Ok, first off I am not going to do what I did in the past, which is posting lines that I thought MacT was going to go with. I am going to change it up this year and post the lines that I would make for opening lineup.

1st Line
Smyth Reasoner Hemsky

2nd Line
Chimera York Dvorak

3rd Line
Moreau Horcoff Isbister

4th Line
Torres Stoll Laraque

Defence #1
Brewer Smith

Defence #2
Staios Semenov

Defence #3
Cross Bergeron

Starter
Salo

Backup
Conklin

Extra
Sarno
Pisani
Ferguson

How do these lines look.

Old
10-06-2003, 09:17 AM
USC Trojans
AD

Reasoner on the top line? Really?
I think MacT will keep the RPM line intact for the time being...
The York-Chimera-Dvorak line is itriguing though...speed speed, and more speed!

Old
10-06-2003, 10:37 AM
theoil

I don't think that Isbister plays d well enough to be on that line myself. He's a big boy and doesn't have that real quick first step for closing on the puck carrier.

Old
10-06-2003, 10:49 AM
bone

vCash: 705
My lines:

Isbister-Smyth-Dvorak
(Isbister and Smyth were having good chemistry even before Hemsky joined them).

Chimera-York-Hemsky
Those last two games vs. Calgary say something when they score 4 goals.

RPM
I'd consider Stoll in Pisani's place here though.

Horcoff-Sarno-Laraque
Sarno was winning draws and moving the puck well on the PP.

Defense
Don't care about what the pairings are but as long as Fergie draws the short straw most of the time (especially when Sarno isn't in the lineup), I can live with this.

Old
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
MrMackey

Izzy - Smyth - Hemsky
Chimera - York - Dvorak
Moreau - Reasoner - Pisani
Torres - Horcoff - Laraque

Ext. Stoll & Sarno

Brew - Smith
Semi - Staios
Cross - Bergie

Ext. Ferguson

Salo
Conklin

I was really hopig I'd see Salmo or Rita on that third line RW spot, with Pisani taking Sarno's spot in the press box, but oh well.

Old
10-06-2003, 11:46 AM
MrMackey

Izzy - Smyth - Hemsky
Chimera - York - Dvorak

Ext. Stoll & Sarno

Brew - Smith
Semi - Staios
Cross - Bergie

Ext. Ferguson

Salo
Conklin

I was really hoping I'd see Salmo or Rita on that third line RW spot, with Pisani taking Sarno's spot in the press box, but oh well.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:33 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Izzy - Smyth - Hemsky
Chimera - York - Dvorak

Ext. Stoll & Sarno

Brew - Smith
Semi - Staios
Cross - Bergie

Ext. Ferguson

Salo
Conklin

I was really hoping I'd see Salmo or Rita on that third line RW spot, with Pisani taking Sarno's spot in the press box, but oh well.
You and me both. I really thought Salmo had the spot wrapped up. Other than switching Hemsky and Dvo we are both geniuses - exactly the way I would line them up.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:55 PM
riles

Izzy-Smyth-Dvorak
Chimera-York-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani (hopefully Rita or Salmo gets this spot midseason)
Torres-Horcoff-Laraque

Extra: Sarno

Brewer-Staois
Smith-Semenov
Cross-Bergeron

Extra: Ferguson

Salo
Conklin

I can see MacT using these lines, he really seemed to like that 2nd line, plus it forces other teams to put their checkers on either Hemsky or Smyth since I feel they can both carry a line. Comrie signing would really throw things out of whack. He would go onto the 1st line, Smyth to RW, D-Vo down to Chimera's spot and Chimera kicks Fernando out of the lineup. I think that Hemsky and Comrie are too much of puck possesion type of guys to be on the same line.

Old
10-06-2003, 02:47 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
You and me both. I really thought Salmo had the spot wrapped up. Other than switching Hemsky and Dvo we are both geniuses - exactly the way I would line them up.
Apparently Morley Scott is on the radio with Bryan Hall and has revealed the opening night lineup (for forwards) to be exactly as you called them. I guess I was close... but you got it right on!!

I thought they might try to get a little playmaking ability with Izzy and Smyth, but I guess the strength of the Chimera-York-Hemsky connection was too strong to split up.

btw... I'm not hearing the show first hand - picked the info off of Oilfans. Also mention of a Comrie deal sooner rather than later.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Lowetide

I really like the fact that Chimera is on the 2line. If he can score enough, his speed is going to have the defense backing in and it will leave alot of room for York and Hemsky.

That line could end up being the 1line.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:32 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Apparently Morley Scott is on the radio with Bryan Hall and has revealed the opening night lineup (for forwards) to be exactly as you called them. I guess I was close... but you got it right on!!

I thought they might try to get a little playmaking ability with Izzy and Smyth, but I guess the strength of the Chimera-York-Hemsky connection was too strong to split up.

btw... I'm not hearing the show first hand - picked the info off of Oilfans. Also mention of a Comrie deal sooner rather than later.
I saw York, Chimera and Dvorak at the scrimmages the first few days and they just had no chemistry at all. No idea why and they may be back together since I don't think anything is set in stone with this team. I still think Salmalainen deserved RW on the third line but its a long season and contracts, loyalty and seniority all have to have their say as well. Can you imagine the speed on this team though if you add that little so and so?

Old
10-06-2003, 03:41 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
I saw York, Chimera and Dvorak at the scrimmages the first few days and they just had no chemistry at all. No idea why and they may be back together since I don't think anything is set in stone with this team. I still think Salmalainen deserved RW on the third line but its a long season and contracts, loyalty and seniority all have to have their say as well. Can you imagine the speed on this team though if you add that little so and so?
I saw that line on the second day of camp and it was invisible (they played team Red that day, when Rita dominated... oh how things change).

I agee about Salmo, but I think you're right about the reasons why he's not here. Even though Pisani's play tailed off as much as Rita's as the pre-season wore on (IMHO), MacT went out of his way several times, to say how he likes what Pisani had shown. It spoke to me of the commitment that MacT had to Pisani, and that Rita and Salmo would be in tough to beat him out of that job.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
WOW your team is young, I think Stoll should be in the lineup, he will only help your team with leadership and faceoff qualities.

Man this has a young forward group, I can't get over it. Hemsky, Torres, Stoll, Chimera, Rita, and Horcoff are all very young. You guys need a good vet on that team.
I like the experience:

Ryan Smyth, 27, 560 NHL games
Mike York, 25, 313 NHL games
Brad Isbister, 26, 358 NHL games
Radek Dvorak, 26, 604 NHL games
Ethan Moreau, 27, 523 NHL games

What I really like is there's no Rem Murray in there, you know a jack of all trades and master of none. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rem, and Shawn Horcoff, one of my current favourites, is sort of that way.

What I mean is this team has personality. Smyth the heart and soul guy, York the guy who uses his head for more than a hat rack, Isbister the big bugger on the top 2 lines, Dvorak the speed burner and Moreau the bull in a china shop.

Looking at the starting lineup, you can really see Lowe's team taking shape: big, gritty, but still has speed.

Too young? Yeah, but I can't think of anyone we could acquire worth pulling one of these guys out the lineup for. When's game time again?

Old
10-06-2003, 03:56 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
WOW your team is young....You guys need a good vet on that team.
Too expensive, sides we got the king of leaders in Smyttie.

GXL

Old
10-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Smyth is the king of alternates.

I don't understand this statement. Could you explain?

Old
10-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Isn't Jason Smith the captain, or was he stripped of the C?
Oh, okay, I understand. Jason Smith is still captain.

Closed Thread