HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eriksson Keeps Eyes On NHL, Mind On Pack

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2005, 03:31 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Eriksson Keeps Eyes On NHL, Mind On Pack

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

"He's got to come in and earn his stripes," Wolf Pack coach Jim Schoenfeld said. "He has to make our club before he can make it in New York. He's come in with the right frame of mind. He knows there's a lot of hard work ahead of him. When it's all said and done, it'll be up to him."

I hope he messes up, I dont want him anywhere on the Rangers.

Old
09-27-2005, 09:22 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

"He's got to come in and earn his stripes," Wolf Pack coach Jim Schoenfeld said. "He has to make our club before he can make it in New York. He's come in with the right frame of mind. He knows there's a lot of hard work ahead of him. When it's all said and done, it'll be up to him."

I hope he messes up, I dont want him anywhere on the Rangers.

Agreed. Pylon.

Old
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM
rnyquist

If the guy plays well then you bring him up. Wishing him to 'mess it up' is just plan dumb. He's not taking a spot from the kids, so if they guy plays well enough to play with the big club, you reward him with that opportunity.

Old
09-27-2005, 11:04 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
If the guy plays well then you bring him up. Wishing him to 'mess it up' is just plan dumb. He's not taking a spot from the kids, so if they guy plays well enough to play with the big club, you reward him with that opportunity.
I think everyone's problem is that he will block some of the kids like Liffiton, Taylor and Baranka from getting a call up if they have earned it. Bringing in a Malik and Rozsival makes Ericksson extremely redundant.

I don't have a problem if he is the one vet on the blueline in Hartford.

Old
09-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Eriksson is worthless, he nearly played his way out of North America when he was in St. John's a year or two ago. But whatever, Hartford's blueline has enough young stars and a dynamic young goalie that'll offset and shenanigans this tool provides.

Old
09-27-2005, 04:57 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
I think everyone's problem is that he will block some of the kids like Liffiton, Taylor and Baranka from getting a call up if they have earned it. Bringing in a Malik and Rozsival makes Ericksson extremely redundant.

I don't have a problem if he is the one vet on the blueline in Hartford.
I'll never undersand this logic, which has been reiterated so many times...

Liffiton, Taylor, Baranka all must earn spots just like Eriksson. Are you saying that even if Eriksson does better than the kids, they should still get a spot? No way, don't be soft on them. Ilya Kovalchuk wasn't just handed a roster spot.

Plus no one on this board likes the idea of coming in last place just for a better future, it's beginning to sound like a religious sermon. Some people won't admit it, but while it's good to have a future, no one wants to have a horrible year... what's different between that and a lockout?

I'm happy with all our signings, and I think it's time we focused on salvaging some respectability in the immediate future.

Old
09-27-2005, 05:21 PM
E-Train

[QUOTE]I'll never undersand this logic, which has been reiterated so many times...

Liffiton, Taylor, Baranka all must earn spots just like Eriksson. Are you saying that even if Eriksson does better than the kids, they should still get a spot? [QUOTE]

What is it that you don't understand? I never said the kids should be handed a spot but if they have earned it with their play what is wrong with a 21 year old being called up instead of a 30 year old on a REBUILDING team?

There is no respectibility in finishing 12th in the east with veterans. If a team built on youth had the same finish it would be a different story.

Old
09-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I am never going to root for a 30 year old journeyman who will not be part of this organization when it finally matters. All Ericksson is doing is taking up space that is better left to a younger player who may be part of the solution in a couple of years.

Old
09-27-2005, 06:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I am never going to root for a 30 year old journeyman who will not be part of this organization when it finally matters. All Ericksson is doing is taking up space that is better left to a younger player who may be part of the solution in a couple of years.
Absolutely true, but he does make sense to add some experience to what's going to be a VERY young HFD squad. That being said, I will be furious if he's the first one recalled in case of an injury/trade.

Old
09-27-2005, 09:01 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
No, I understand that point, I just think the kids need to prove they're big boys... the arduous climb to the NHL will weed out the kids who won't cut it. The time that it matters IS now... we have to start a rebuild immediately, and that can't be done with a roster full of green kids. Journeymen bridge the gap to the future for the first couple years, then we'll have a roster full of 23-25 year-old dynamos.

But we can't skip this part of the process, or we'll be destroying talent before it even takes wing.

Old
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Absolutely true, but he does make sense to add some experience to what's going to be a VERY young HFD squad. That being said, I will be furious if he's the first one recalled in case of an injury/trade.
He's not the veteran with the right type of experience. There are plenty of veteran AHLers who can be brought in and are willing to fill that role without the expectation of being recalled to the NHL and sticking there.

Closed Thread