HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shvidki on waivers, take him?

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 04:21 PM
RichardZednik#20

vCash: 500
Shvidki on waivers, take him?

Apparently Denis Shvidki was put on waivers from Florida. I know we have alot of fowards but this kid could become something special soon enough. It's a gamble but I think we should take a long look at it.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Knutsen is on waivers, too. However, is either one of them really what the Habs looking for? Knutsen has been a completely different player since the Brittney Cecil incident.

I don't either player really fits into the type of system and team we are trying to construct.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:50 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Considering the fact we just brought in two other guys on the roster, I'd say it would be nothing but a waste of money to go get another forward on the waiver draft, whoever it is. To me, Shvidki is a similar player to Piere Dagenais. Both are pretty big, and have a good accurate wrist shot. However, both are lazy at some point, and seem desinterested most of the time.

I'm not denying the guy's potential, and don't get me wrong, I'm not considering him a bust yet, but he's just not what we should be looking for actually. Instead of bringing in guys without getting anything in return, we should try getting rid of some veteran crap -- easier said than done, though.

Closed Thread