HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Leetch returns...

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Jim Ramsay

vCash: 500
When Leetch returns...

Something is going to have to change in the D. Maybe Purinton or Malakhov will be traded. I can't see anyone being sent down because it would be a risk to put them on waivers and have them be lost for nothing.

I want Purinton moved above anything. I just get scared when he is on the ice, he's not good and is too slow. Yes, he can throw down fists with the best of them but is it worth him being a disadvantage on D?

Old
10-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunham
Something is going to have to change in the D. Maybe Purinton or Malakhov will be traded. I can't see anyone being sent down because it would be a risk to put them on waivers and have them be lost for nothing.

I want Purinton moved above anything. I just get scared when he is on the ice, he's not good and is too slow. Yes, he can throw down fists with the best of them but is it worth him being a disadvantage on D?
Dale needs to be consistent. If he can play as well as he did at times last season, I would love to have him on the team. Dale is a fan favorite and a character in the locker room. He's well-liked by everybody on the team.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Barnaby

Id keep him around as a 7th-8th d-man / 14th forward, in other words just making the team. Hes a good character player and can fill out a 6th d-man or 4th line wing spot if need be. I dont want him in the line-up every night. In my mind he is a liability. Im not too interested in seeing him do any more. Id rather have this Siklenka kid in there... maybe he can become a top-notch enforcer.

Old
10-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Dale is a fan favorite and a character in the locker room. He's well-liked by everybody on the team.
Good point! We don't have very much players like him... The team only can have success when it behaves like one...

Old
10-07-2003, 05:11 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Good point! We don't have very much players like him... The team only can have success when it behaves like one...
True but if you can't do your job on the ice then it doesn't matter how nice a guy or how well liked you are. I mean, my neighbor is the nicest guy in the world but that doesn't qualify him to be a top six NHL defenseman......he can't even clear a crease worth a crap....

Old
10-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
True but if you can't do your job on the ice then it doesn't matter how nice a guy or how well liked you are. I mean, my neighbor is the nicest guy in the world but that doesn't qualify him to be a top six NHL defenseman......he can't even clear a crease worth a crap....
Ok, I see.

My impression is, that he is improving his game - slowly, but steady. I don't think he's a top 6 man, but as mentioned above, a nice guy to have around and to do some firework if needed.

Old
10-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Ok, I see.

My impression is, that he is improving his game - slowly, but steady. I don't think he's a top 6 man, but as mentioned above, a nice guy to have around and to do some firework if needed.
I dissagree. I dont see improvement. In my opinion he has gotten worse since last season. He doesn't have the potential upside and has only put together one consistent stretch in his professional career. I like the guy but I dont feel comfortable when hes out there on the ice.

Closed Thread