HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All 82 Oiler Games Televised*

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 05:34 AM
Oilersyul89

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
All 82 Oiler Games Televised*

Hi All.

If you live outside the Edmonton region (or perhaps outside Alberta), and you subscribe to NHL Center Ice on Satellite or Digital Cable, all 82 Oiler Games will be available. I haver been a subscriber in the past (2 years) and never have all 82 games been available. This year, we get to suffer and cheer with the Oil for 82 and the 20+ games they will play in the playoffs

FYI, all the games that are not covered by Sportsnet or on PPV, will be carried by NHL Centre Ice by using the visitor's TV feed.

Rock on..

Old
10-07-2003, 05:43 AM
goldenchild

Is this the same for the Direct TV NHL package? I sure hope so. I think last year there were only a handfull of games I didn't get anyways.

Old
10-07-2003, 05:48 AM
H-Bear

This is great news!!! I am a first year subscriber to NHL Centre Ice, and I'm all the way here in Ontario, so going to an Oiler's game is simply out of the question. Now I can catch as many as I would like.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:11 AM
Oilersyul89

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
Is this the same for the Direct TV NHL package? I sure hope so. I think last year there were only a handfull of games I didn't get anyways.
Golden, all games will be available on NHL Centre Ice satellite Package. I'm not sure about those digital NHL Centre Ice packages. I assume they are the same, but I am speaking of a Bell Expressvu point of view. (Not promoting them, in fact I think service sucks, except for HOCKEY!!!)

Old
10-07-2003, 06:17 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
how much does center ice cost? I forget.... I think on reg. TV and PP there are like 77 games on TV, so if it's overly expensive, I doubt that I'll pay for it, as I can go to the couple that are in town and aren't on TV and I can listen to the radio for the ones that aren't in town or on TV.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Oilersyul89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
how much does center ice cost? I forget.... I think on reg. TV and PP there are like 77 games on TV, so if it's overly expensive, I doubt that I'll pay for it, as I can go to the couple that are in town and aren't on TV and I can listen to the radio for the ones that aren't in town or on TV.
Thome. It is not worth it if you live in EDM because you get those games on basic cable. Us out of marketers, Sportsnet is magically blocked when the Oilers play. This to make money of course, the NHL came up with an out of market package. So basically we are paying close to $200 for like 65 games. CBC and TSN games we get with our reg cable. So it is 200 bucks well spent for us, even though I have Sportsnet West on my grid, but it is blocked out. For you, 200 for 5 games, wel, it's still cheaper than going to 1 game buit definately not worth it.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:33 AM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
For you, 200 for 5 games, wel, it's still cheaper than going to 1 game buit definately not worth it.
If you like watching other teams play it is well worth the 200 bucks (closer to 160 from what I recall last year). If not, and you just want it for the Oilers games while you yourself is living in the west region, it probably isn't worth it.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:45 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
ya, I was thinking about getting it though so I could watch more Sens and Isles games though, actually... I hate how I'm lucky to see 20 games a year of the Sens and a dozen Isles games!
I hate, I HATE, I HATE the blackouts!!!!

Old
10-07-2003, 11:08 AM
jadeddog

the sportsnet games are only blocked out for the non-west regions of canada.... so if you live in saskatchewan (like me ) or in manitoba, you get all the oilers games..... but that of course is because the oilers are the prairies team!!

Old
10-07-2003, 01:45 PM
sidelines

vCash:
What channel is NHL Center Ice on Bell?

Old
10-07-2003, 01:52 PM
ScreamerNM

I was attempting to get it (NHL Centre Ice) from Bell.. But the guy there
asked what team and city i liked and am from.... Needless to say I answered: Oilers, and Calgary...

All of a sudden he tells me he doesn't recommend it...Certain games will be blackout-ed.

Anyone else get this? and how often are these blackouts?

I'd hate to miss any single game.

Old
10-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname_brand
What channel is NHL Center Ice on Bell?
I live in New Jersey and NHL Center Ice is ten channels. They charge $159 for the season, $139 if you order by the 13th or 14th of this month. I'm taking a guess here, but I think Center Ice offers the same games no matter which cable/satellite company you have. The difference depends on your geographic area as to whether or not those games get blacked out.

Closed Thread