HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

SI ranks the Rangers #30

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Potter

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potter
we may not end up being the worst team in the league, but we're gonna be close. if i wasnt a biased fan, i would probably pick us because we have one player you've heard of and we've been so bad for the last ten years. picking us last is fair in my book. now lets give'em all a big $@*% burger to eat.

Old
09-28-2005, 11:04 PM
xander

eh, I know it's a sad thing to hope for but I wouldn't be unhappy if they where proven correct. This organization needs a top flight forward prospect in the worst way.

Old
09-28-2005, 11:11 PM
CupDrought67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Lumsden
Nashville at five is a joke
Then you must not know much about the team. The ticats however are a joke.

Old
09-28-2005, 11:29 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Not really. Playoff teams weren't trying to trade for Weekes in the run-up to the playoffs in 2004.
Because Weekes was injured.

Weekes doesn't get the credit he deserves. Anything you hear from Vancouver fans is total rubbish from a Canes fan perspective. His rebound control is his only weakness; dude has shown he is a very consistent NHL goalie and an above average one. If he plays like he did the last 2 seasons he was with us Ranger fans will be impressed. Some will be on him about his rebound control, but the guy consistently stood on his head for us. Our main problem last time out was goal scoring, defensive laps, and Jamie Storr. Weekes and Irbe (look at his record) played very well for us in 2003-2004. Weekes especially kept us in it early in 03-04 when we weren't scoring jack. We was in it until around November when the wheels fell off. Laviolette got the team back on track around mid February, but it was much too late.

I can't see why on Earth Washington isn't picked 30th. I'm not disrespecting them, but this is going to be a rebuilding year for them big time. It's like some people live to bash the Rangers. I don't see this team being as horrible some people make you guys out to be. Sure, there are some rough edges and their are some experience laps but you still have Jagr. I have a hard time not believing he won't have a big season under these new rules.

The Canes aren't as bad as these media progcastinators keep saying, also. We actually played well eventually under Laviolette, and we ended up with 76 points despite all of our injury problems and lack of experience the club had on the ice every night. People can't get around the goal scoring, but that has improved, too. Oh well, that's why we play the games. I guess in their opinion our young players haven't improved in 2 years, Laviolette is a bad coach, Staal isn't very good, and our defense is soft. Ok. Nevermind Whitney, Stillman, Tverdovsky, and the pleasant surprise of both Hutchinson and Commodore. Screw it, rebuilding is already over.

Good luck to the Rangers, and I hope your team prove these haters wrong.

Last edited by HughJass*: 09-28-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old
09-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Fletch

No doubt...

some will be on him about rebound control. People couldn't stop talking about Dunham's despite him standing on his head each night his first season here and keeping a team that couldn't score more than 2 goals in a playoff race, and producing gaudy numbers despite facing 30+ shots per night, many of them quality chances, while playing behind a horrific Rangers defense.

Old
09-29-2005, 06:41 AM
John Flyers Fan

Caps have to be 30th.

Old
09-29-2005, 08:32 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storminator16
We actually played well eventually under Laviolette, and we ended up with 76 points despite all of our injury problems and lack of experience the club had on the ice every night.

I guess in their opinion our young players haven't improved in 2 years, Laviolette is a bad coach, Staal isn't very good, and our defense is soft.
To the Lavvy haters, I would willingly trade Renney & Sather both for one of him.

Old
09-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I'd definitely put the Caps behind the Rangers, and if Jackman can Tkachuk aren't ready to play to start the season, I'd put the Rangers ahead of them as well.

Old
09-29-2005, 01:17 PM
tinyzombies

Rangers D and goaltending and first line with the squirts on the third and fourth lines are enough to get them out of the basement I say.

Old
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Davisian

I don't expect the rangers to be good. Very very bad, but I feel there will be many a surprise in the NHL this year.

Teams that adjust to the new rules quicker, and have good special teams will get off to fast starts, and that may be enough to hang onto playoff spots.

Old
09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
jaywills1020

Two words. Phil Kessel

Old
10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
mschmidt64

I'm a Rangers fan, but I can't say that I would find it to be a bad thing for the team to crash and burn for a season or two.

Maybe then we'd finally commit to re-building. For real.

God, I'm so sick of these Nylander, Rucinsky, Straka, Malik, types.

I want to build a team with good, young forwards like Tampa Bay, Nashville, etc.

Crosby would have been great this year, but I'll take Phil Kessel next year.

Old
10-01-2005, 05:57 PM
otto1219

si is a joke, they have toronto and colorado between 15-20 and nashville at 5... and the penguins are ranked at 11.....? have they even won a preseason game? at least the rangers are showing that they can skate with the islanders and devils

Closed Thread