HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Make a bold prediction

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2014, 10:34 AM
  #51
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
Mantha plays two full seasons of AHL hockey before establishing himself as a NHL regular.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 01:54 PM
  #52
barnztormre
Our goley is awsom
 
barnztormre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
At spot 14 of the draft lottery group, the Detroit Red Wings WIN the 2014 draft lottery, and draft Connor McDavid
And he still spends three years in GR

barnztormre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 02:29 PM
  #53
DatsDeking
Don' trade me bro
 
DatsDeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Outside Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
The Wings trade Helm, a top D prospect, and a pick for a scoring winger.
My bold prediction-E. Kane

DatsDeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 03:28 PM
  #54
Hammettf2b
Wings
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsDeking View Post
The Wings trade Helm, a top D prospect, and a pick for a scoring winger.
My bold prediction-E. Kane
As much as I love Helm, i'd do that in a heartbeat, which prob means the Jets don't lol

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 10:54 PM
  #55
DatsDeking
Don' trade me bro
 
DatsDeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Outside Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
As much as I love Helm, i'd do that in a heartbeat, which prob means the Jets don't lol
My thought exactly. Unless Helm can produce as a winger I'd feel comfortable shipping him out for a winger who can produce in big numbers.

DatsDeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2014, 11:56 PM
  #56
RedWingzz
Detroit Vs Everybody
 
RedWingzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Bold statement....uhhh....

Brendan Smith will see time on the PP at some point this year.......

RedWingzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 12:24 AM
  #57
cheesehead9099
Registered User
 
cheesehead9099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
mantha plays in the AHL for a couple months and joins the team at the start of march. he plays the last 21 games of the season on datsyuk's wing and puts up 26 points (17 goals, 9 assists).

wings make it to the conference finals, mantha plays in all games and is the wings leading scorer in the playoffs with 13 goals in 19 games.

cheesehead9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 01:15 AM
  #58
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead9099 View Post
mantha plays in the AHL for a couple months and joins the team at the start of march. he plays the last 21 games of the season on datsyuk's wing and puts up 26 points (17 goals, 9 assists).

wings make it to the conference finals, mantha plays in all games and is the wings leading scorer in the playoffs with 13 goals in 19 games.
This is a very bold move, Seeing that Holland pretty much said that Mantha won't play more then 9 games this season at the very most. But if we wind up getting tons of Injuries this year. Then I could see Mantha playing more.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 01:17 AM
  #59
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnztormre View Post
And he still spends three years in GR
Knowing Ken Holland the way we do, Yup.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 02:24 AM
  #60
cheesehead9099
Registered User
 
cheesehead9099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
This is a very bold move, Seeing that Holland pretty much said that Mantha won't play more then 9 games this season at the very most. But if we wind up getting tons of Injuries this year. Then I could see Mantha playing more.
prerequisite to this is mantha scoring like 30 goals and 40 points in 20-something games in the AHL

cheesehead9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 02:56 AM
  #61
pavel13
Registered User
 
pavel13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
-At spot 14 of the draft lottery group, the Detroit Red Wings WIN the 2014 draft lottery, and draft Connor McDavid
-The team that traded their 1st round pick at the deadline doesn't make the playoffs, wins the second overall pick in the draft lottery, and the Red Wings draft Noah Hanifin
-Pandemonium ensues
That's not the way the draft lottery works. Winning the draft lottery means you go up up to 4 spots. Being at position 14 and winning means that Detroit would pick 10th. So your prediction is very bold. Either the rules about the draft lottery change, or McDavid falls out of favor in a major way over the next 9 months or so. If that happens, he'd be a classic Red Wings OHL pick.

pavel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 03:21 AM
  #62
theYman
We like our team
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
Gustavsson suffers longterm injury. Mrazek is called up and steals the show. Even putting Howard's starting role in jeopardy.
My 2cents

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 03:29 AM
  #63
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud
 
Cyborg Yzerberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 8,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel13 View Post
That's not the way the draft lottery works. Winning the draft lottery means you go up up to 4 spots. Being at position 14 and winning means that Detroit would pick 10th. So your prediction is very bold. Either the rules about the draft lottery change, or McDavid falls out of favor in a major way over the next 9 months or so. If that happens, he'd be a classic Red Wings OHL pick.
Haven't they just recently changed the lottery so that any 1-14 team can pick first overall now? Theoretically, that is. I could be mistaken, I know that's the way it has been, ie NJ a couple years back, but I could have swore it changed.

Cyborg Yzerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 10:57 AM
  #64
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead9099 View Post
prerequisite to this is mantha scoring like 30 goals and 40 points in 20-something games in the AHL
Yeah exactly, Matha would pretty much have to light it up in the AHL to be given a chance at full time with the big club I see that more as a bigger possibility next year then this year.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:01 AM
  #65
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
Haven't they just recently changed the lottery so that any 1-14 team can pick first overall now? Theoretically, that is. I could be mistaken, I know that's the way it has been, ie NJ a couple years back, but I could have swore it changed.
Nope I believe you're right, They did change it this year that so any team 1-14 has an equal chance of winning the lottery and drafting McDavid. From what I heard that the 14th place team has as much of a chance to win it all then the 1st place team has. So if the Red Wings finish 14th and Buffalo finishes 1st Detroit still has as much of a chance to win the lotto as Buffalo does.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:17 AM
  #66
Hammettf2b
Wings
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Nope I believe you're right, They did change it this year that so any team 1-14 has an equal chance of winning the lottery and drafting McDavid. From what I heard that the 14th place team has as much of a chance to win it all then the 1st place team has. So if the Red Wings finish 14th and Buffalo finishes 1st Detroit still has as much of a chance to win the lotto as Buffalo does.
Wait what? How is that fair? There has to be something missing here. That just doesn't seem right to me, but admittedly so i know nothing of the situation.

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:26 AM
  #67
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
Wait what? How is that fair? There has to be something missing here. That just doesn't seem right to me, but admittedly so i know nothing of the situation.
This is false. More teams (14) have a chance at #1 now, but they DO NOT all have an equal chance.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=728795

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:27 AM
  #68
Jurky
Rotting in purgatory
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
Wait what? How is that fair? There has to be something missing here. That just doesn't seem right to me, but admittedly so i know nothing of the situation.
It's not true, for the 2015 lottery the last place team has a 20% chance of winning and 14th place has a 1% chance of winning.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:28 AM
  #69
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
Wait what? How is that fair? There has to be something missing here. That just doesn't seem right to me, but admittedly so i know nothing of the situation.
Yeah I know it does'nt seem fair, But they're saying that changes are being made to the 2015 draft that gives teams equal chance at the lotto pick so a 14th place team has just as much of a chance as the 1st place team does. Will be curious how this would play out.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 11:33 AM
  #70
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 24,210
vCash: 500
Okay my mistake they just changed the odds a little bit where the 1st place team on the old format had a 25% chance at winning the lotto and now they have a 20% chance and the 14th place team went from 0.5% chance of winning to 1.0% chance of winning that makes sense.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2014, 01:10 PM
  #71
cheesehead9099
Registered User
 
cheesehead9099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Yeah exactly, Matha would pretty much have to light it up in the AHL to be given a chance at full time with the big club I see that more as a bigger possibility next year then this year.
tis why its a bold prediction m8

cheesehead9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2014, 12:54 PM
  #72
jkutswings
Registered User
 
jkutswings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Bold Prediction: The 2014-5 Wings have the greatest collection of potential ever to get unceremoniously trucked in the 1st round of the playoffs.

But oh, the potential.

jkutswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2014, 05:41 PM
  #73
Dynheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post
I would bet my house against this to a dollar. My bold prediction is Weiss gets traded this season.
With the exception of last season and his sophomore year...he's been around top 6-8 in vezina ratings.

If he's back to his normal self, it's not out of the possibility. I'd be more realistic and say he'll get a nomination.

Dynheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2014, 10:38 AM
  #74
Hammettf2b
Wings
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingzz View Post
Bold statement....uhhh....

Brendan Smith will see time on the PP at some point this year.......
Guess it wasn't so bold after all. He gets in, boom PP goal lol

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2014, 07:06 AM
  #75
theYman
We like our team
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Gustavsson suffers longterm injury. Mrazek is called up and steals the show. Even putting Howard's starting role in jeopardy.
My 2cents
Well I'm half right so far.

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.