HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do y'all see the AVs this year?

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2005, 07:04 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Where do y'all see the AVs this year?

Are we winning the President's Trophy?...I don't think so...

Are we finishing first in the division?...I also don't think so...

Are we making it into the playoffs? Hell yeah!

Could everyone saying we are a dark-horse help us?...You bet'cha!

Do we have the proper mix of talent, grit and determination?...Talk to me in a few months? I'm really looking forward to seeing Antti and Ian I think they could be huge upgrades on the lower lines. I'm really concerned about a second line winger. I'd rather see Joe center that line with Konowalchuk than have the JAM line reunited. I don't like the idea of having all our eggs in one basket...That's why I like seeing Tangauy returned to his natural center position.

Old
09-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
My main concern going into the season is the power play. But Granato, if nothing else, seems to know how to put a great power play unit together, so he's good for something at least.

I still think we're better than the Oilers, but we'll have a hard time against the Canucks without our patented Nucks-killer Hejduk in the lineup. The Flames will also be tough as hell. We'll make the playoffs, but probably end up 3rd in the division at best.

One wildcard will be Minnesota, no pun intended. Somehow I think they'll be an unpleasant surprise. We've always seemed to struggle against them in the past, and it should be no different now.

Old
09-29-2005, 06:22 PM
dwkdnvr

Not many folks jumping on this one....

I'm pretty much in line with the first two posts. In many respects I like what the team has done with a very limited budget, but we're definately going to be in tough in the NW. While I think that if all the stars aligned we have the personnel to take the division, I highly doubt it. I think we're looking at 2nd/3rd in the division. This should be good for somewhere between 5th and 8th in the conference.

The big question are the 2nd line and whether we have enough D that will adapt to the new game - we have experience but we may be a bit slower than I'd like.

Old
09-30-2005, 01:36 AM
Joey13

Again, I think 3rd in the Division (Calgary and Vancouver), 7th in the Conference, and the 1st round ***-hammer from the Sharks.

Depth is great, but I see an average defense, spotty goal scoring (shootouts look troubling), and not enough youth and speed which seems to be what is needed under the new rules.

Old
09-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Colorado Avalanche

I'm not realistic, if i cheer for team, they will always win stanley cup, no matter how much they sucks.

Old
09-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

2nd in the Division, 5th in the conference, Exit in the 2nd Round(7 Games) or the WCF.

Old
09-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey13
Again, I think 3rd in the Division (Calgary and Vancouver), 7th in the Conference, and the 1st round ***-hammer from the Sharks.

Depth is great, but I see an average defense, spotty goal scoring (shootouts look troubling), and not enough youth and speed which seems to be what is needed under the new rules.
I just don't see what the emphasis on pre-season shootouts is.

Old
10-01-2005, 05:34 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul755
2nd in the Division, 5th in the conference, Exit in the 2nd Round(7 Games) or the WCF.

hm... this sounds likely.

Old
10-01-2005, 07:16 AM
PapaBear*

Is Sakic still gonna play the point on the PP? How will it look?

Tanguay-Turgeon-Hejduk
Blake-Sakic

?

or move Tanguay to C role, and put Svatos on the LW (I like this better. Gives strong supporting center for the 2nd PP.

Brunette-Turgeon-Konowalchuk/Wolski
Liles-Brisebois

Closed Thread