HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Avs/Kings 9/29/05 7:00pm MDT

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2005, 04:03 AM
COHockey

vCash: 500
GDT: Avs/Kings 9/29/05 7:00pm MDT

Psyched for another game. Heard a rumor in Vegas that Kolesnik would be playing tonight. Last chance to see prospects in Denver until the roster is finalized. Next home game will be home opener, 11 days from now...

I am going to the game, HOWEVER I am bringing my 3 year old niece (before the Wings game she was crying that she could not go, think less to do with hockey and more to do with spending time with her uncle) so not only I will probably leave early, but wont be paying as close attention as usual.

I will TRY to get some information, but if anyone else is going to the game, please do so. For the first time I am in the Avs attack twice zone, so hopefully I can stay at least two periods.

Old
09-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

I think this might end up being a pretty intense pre season game. Apparently before the FF8 game, Avery had "bragged" that he would fight Lappy according to the Rocky Mountain News, "But when I dropped my gloves," Laperriere said Wednesday, "he just skated away."

Since then Avery went on a bit of a rant against French Canadien players after Gauthier's hit on Roenick, and Lappy had this to say. "If he's looking for a French guy who will back it up, I'm his guy," he said. "Print it. I'll be more than happy to back it up." I have heard that Lappy didn't think too much of Avery when they were teammates, and after he unoffically made Lappy expendable, and took his job, I think he probably likes him even less, and wants to give him a bit of a beating, and show everyone in LA that he still has some scrap left in him. Not that most Kings fans don't know that, but he might want to remind the Kings management. It's too bad JR isn't playing, because that would have made for an even more competative game, with his energetic play.

I think we might be in for a good one here guys. I just wish I could watch it, instead of listen.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...117987,00.html

Old
09-29-2005, 10:22 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
I just wish I could watch it, instead of listen.
Well, if anyone really does want to watch it (in great seats), I'm selling (at least) my extra ticket for tonight. (I'm actually willing to sell both, but I'm guessing I might wind up going down there and selling one if someone needs a single.) PM me if you're interested.

Old
09-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Bagman

Quote:
I think this might end up being a pretty intense pre season game. Apparently before the FF8 game, Avery had "bragged" that he would fight Lappy according to the Rocky Mountain News, "But when I dropped my gloves," Laperriere said Wednesday, "he just skated away."

Since then Avery went on a bit of a rant against French Canadien players after Gauthier's hit on Roenick, and Lappy had this to say. "If he's looking for a French guy who will back it up, I'm his guy," he said. "Print it. I'll be more than happy to back it up." I have heard that Lappy didn't think too much of Avery when they were teammates, and after he unoffically made Lappy expendable, and took his job, I think he probably likes him even less, and wants to give him a bit of a beating, and show everyone in LA that he still has some scrap left in him. Not that most Kings fans don't know that, but he might want to remind the Kings management. It's too bad JR isn't playing, because that would have made for an even more competative game, with his energetic play.

I think we might be in for a good one here guys. I just wish I could watch it, instead of listen.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...117987,00.html
I am Lappy takes care of Avery!

Old
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman
I am Lappy takes care of Avery!
...what?

Old
09-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Bagman

LOL,sorry I hope Lappy takes care of Avery,

Old
09-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

What a ***** Avery is. If Lappy doesn't take care of him, someone later in the season will. He's made a ton of enemies in a very short time, and LA isn't going to go out of their way to protect him.

Old
09-29-2005, 02:44 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by COHockey
Psyched for another game. Heard a rumor in Vegas that Kolesnik would be playing tonight.
Apparently, it's no longer just a rumor:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3070188

Quote:
Kolesnik starts

Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville said rookie Vitaly Kolesnik will play the entire game in goal against the Kings.

Old
09-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Brazilian Avs Fan

"Avalanche defensemen Bob Boughner (groin), Patrice Brisebois (groin) and Curtis Leschyshyn (hip) will play tonight. Boughner and Brisebois have played in one preseason game, and Leschyshyn hasn't played in any . . . Goalie Vitaly Kolesnik is scheduled to play the entire game."

Source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...117987,00.html

We´re so gonna rock the Kings again

Old
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Avs Fan
"Avalanche defensemen Bob Boughner (groin), Patrice Brisebois (groin) and Curtis Leschyshyn (hip) will play tonight. Boughner and Brisebois have played in one preseason game, and Leschyshyn hasn't played in any . . . Goalie Vitaly Kolesnik is scheduled to play the entire game."

Source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...117987,00.html

You wouldn't have much trouble "rocking" the Kings even before this. 2 of their top 6 defenseman (Norstrom and Gleason) are out nursing a hamstring and knee, respectively. JR is out (concussion), Armstrong is out (concussion), Bure is out (foot).

You're basically dealing with the #2, 4, 5, 6 d-man in the 1-4 role and 3 kids from the minors.

If Colorado doesn't manage a win tonight... God help you in the regular season. This should be an easy one for you.

- T

Old
09-29-2005, 04:00 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
You wouldn't have much trouble "rocking" the Kings even before this. 2 of their top 6 defenseman (Norstrom and Gleason) are out nursing a hamstring and knee, respectively. JR is out (concussion), Armstrong is out (concussion), Bure is out (foot).

You're basically dealing with the #2, 4, 5, 6 d-man in the 1-4 role and 3 kids from the minors.

If Colorado doesn't manage a win tonight... God help you in the regular season. This should be an easy one for you.

- T
Isn't Mathieu Garon starting?

So that'd be your #1 starter against a guy without a contract, not even in our organization.

Old
09-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Bah...enough with these preseason games! I want ones that count!!!

Old
09-29-2005, 04:06 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Isn't Mathieu Garon starting?

So that'd be your #1 starter against a guy without a contract, not even in our organization.
Garon is in net, yes, and he'll stand on his head... he'll have to for the Kings to have a prayer. Our D in the Sharks game two nights ago was *awful*.

Garon regularly shows flashes of brilliance every game, so he should be entertaining to watch if he's on his game especially if he is peppered with shots all night, as expected.

- T

Old
09-29-2005, 04:15 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV

- T
Theirs little solice to be taken from a pre-season game...win or lose

Old
09-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Avs Fan
"Avalanche defensemen Bob Boughner (groin), Patrice Brisebois (groin) and Curtis Leschyshyn (hip) will play tonight.

Great, two old statues, a sieve, and a rookie goalie will be in the line-up. I don't care who the Kings have playing tonight; they'll get plenty of chances with these guys in the line-up.

Old
09-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Osprey

Do the Avs have a live internet feed for this game? The Kings feed (http://www.lakings.com/kingstv/webcast.asx) isn't working (yet). Thanks.

Old
09-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Commander Enigma

Better do it in the regular season too, May...

Old
09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
DAebi1

Send a message via AIM to DAebi1 Send a message via MSN to DAebi1 Send a message via Yahoo to DAebi1
May scores! 1-0 Avs.

Old
09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Do the Avs have a live internet feed for this game? The Kings feed (http://www.lakings.com/kingstv/webcast.asx) isn't working (yet). Thanks.
Try here...you have to subscribe but it's free...

http://www.fan950.com/home/listen_live.html

Old
09-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Who scored for the Kings? My webstream isn't working, and I just noticed thscore is tied now.

Old
09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Who scored for the Kings? My webstream isn't working, and I just noticed thscore is tied now.
jeff cowan

Old
09-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Try here...you have to subscribe but it's free...

http://www.fan950.com/home/listen_live.html
Thanks.

May and Cowan scored?

Old
09-29-2005, 08:41 PM
kenny #9

is it F7 that you can press to restart the stream... im having trouble on Sportsradio950

Old
09-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

My stream just started working. Anything going on with Avery and Lappy yet?

Old
09-29-2005, 08:50 PM
IN AVS FAN

Foppa2118 how did you get it working i keep tryin the F5 trick , no luck

Closed Thread