HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild @ Sabres 09/30/05

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2005, 10:36 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan
Wow, according to yahoo, only 5 SH situations for the Sabres. Is that true? That's a much better number than any other game thusfar. Maybe they're getting used to the "new rules" more.

Reading the sabres.com descriptions, it sounds like Henrik had a rough game. Penalty shot because of his hook, PP goal because of his hook...did he look/sound better than this? I have high hopes for him this year, but if he's going to start hooking all the time a la Zhitnik, it'll be tough for him to achieve.
I actually thought Tallinder was one of the better defensemen tonight. He made a couple mistakes, but pretty much always made the right decision with the puck. Got it on his stick and moved it up the ice quickly. Lydman was also pretty solid. Staying with defense, I was pleasantly surprised with Campbell. Chipped in 2 assists and was pretty decent defensively, for him.

I wasn't a big fan of Connolly playing the point on the PP. He didn't really do anything bad, but he just didn't create much.

Vanek played OK. He had some nice shots and a good open ice hit, but I've seen him play better. I didn't like him in front of the net on the PP. I think his talents could be used more effectively elsewhere.

I saw Pyatt drive hard to the net a few times and he finished some checks. Not a bad effort from him.

Miller wasn't tested too much, but he played decent. The first goal he went down way too early and the PS was savable.

It was a good effort overall. The Sabres were disciplined, which will really benefit them early on. They weren't nearly as physical as they should be. But one look at the lineup will explain that. I saw very few body checks. I'm looking forward to opening game, I think even the fans here might be underrating this team. If we get solid goaltending I think we make the playoffs.

Old
10-01-2005, 06:16 AM
Kruschiki

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
I think even the fans here might be underrating this team.
I ~hope~ I'm underrating the defense. It has me a bit worried.

Old
10-01-2005, 06:24 AM
reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
Wow, Mika gets ONE start the entire pre-season. Typical.

Lindy`s job security depends on how well the team does. If they have a better chance of winning with Noronen in goal then he would be the starter. He`s not because they don`t. There is no conspiracy. Miller and Biron are just better.

Old
10-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Fan-of-#9

This doesn't appear to be his best performance of the preseason, but nonetheless, Miller improves his record to 4-0. Nice.

Old
10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan3383
Anyone else notice that ESPNews has the game as a 5-0 final, win for Wild, lol. Stupid channel, saw it while flipping through, no wonder they lost me a while ago.
I don't have internet at my new apartment so I relied on that score. So going to bed last night, I thought we lost 5-0.

Closed Thread