HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Svatos

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2005, 09:41 AM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

vCash: 500
Svatos

When hejduk plays on second line, who is the 2nd winger on the Sakic Tangay line? Is it Svatos?

Old
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

i am not feeling the love Colorodo!!!

Old
09-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure
When hejduk plays on second line, who is the 2nd winger on the Sakic Tangay line? Is it Svatos?
No, Q likes Brunette there. He'll probably bump Svatos to the 3rd line and look for balance in the scoring. Of course, if he does well on a line with Kono and FiFi, Q might have to keep him on a scoring line and maybe move Kono down to the checking line. I'd like to see what Svatos could do with Brunette as well. Q has a tendency to mix and match during a game, so expect to see him with a variety of wingers and centers.

Old
09-30-2005, 02:48 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
No, Q likes Brunette there. He'll probably bump Svatos to the 3rd line and look for balance in the scoring. Of course, if he does well on a line with Kono and FiFi, Q might have to keep him on a scoring line and maybe move Kono down to the checking line. I'd like to see what Svatos could do with Brunette as well. Q has a tendency to mix and match during a game, so expect to see him with a variety of wingers and centers.
Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't that the knock on TG last season? There was no team chemistry because players were constantly playing with a different linemate.

Old
09-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Joey13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't that the knock on TG last season? There was no team chemistry because players were constantly playing with a different linemate.
Yes, and that was a legitimate knock! I think they need to keep the lines together for a while with all of the new faces.

I think Svaots takes Hejduk's spot as the main sniper. I am hoping for: Tanguay - Sakic - Brunette; Wolski - Turgeon - Svatos. When Hejduk is back maybe a Brunette - Sakic - Svatos; Tanguay - Turgeon - Hejduk.

While I think Q likes veterans, Svatos' skils-set is best utilized on a Top 2 / scoring line. He'd be a waste anywhere else - IMO.

Old
09-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim
I dissed Tony G for the same reason, but looking back, he had a LOT of injuries to deal with, not to mention the fact that Kariya and Selanne just didn't produce.

I have a feeling Joel will be put in a similar position because I think this team's going to take a little while to find real chemistry. We've seen some combos work a little, but we don't have a superline to build the rest of the offense around, so Q will be trying a lot of things.

Yes, I am predicting we get off to our usual sluggish start before the holidays.

Closed Thread