HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Time?

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Asiaoil

vCash: 500
Trade Time?

Well you can pretty much count on Lowe to make a trade at the March deadline and right before the regular season. Obviously Comrie's name is being batted around and I would not doubt that Rita's name is as well. I think its very likely that we will have a big deal to talk about within 48 hours. My guess:

Comrie and Rita to Atlanta for some combination of Stefan, Coburn, Exelby or picks. Atlanta looks like the team to me.

Old
10-06-2003, 01:37 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
Well you can pretty much count on Lowe to make a trade at the March deadline and right before the regular season. Obviously Comrie's name is being batted around and I would not doubt that Rita's name is as well. I think its very likely that we will have a big deal to talk about within 48 hours. My guess:

Comrie and Rita to Atlanta for some combination of Stefan, Coburn, Exelby or picks. Atlanta looks like the team to me.

I would be very surprised if Atalanta wants to bring new people into their locker room this week. I'm not questioning the deal or the destination but the timing doesn't look good to me. They have enough emotional issues to deal with right now.

Condolences to Dan Snyder's family and friends.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:01 PM
hunter orange

Have to diasgree with you. Atlanta will have to try to go about their business (however difficult that may be). Their season will continue. Having new faces in the locker room may be just what this team needs at this tragic time.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:24 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Please not Stefan...

Please.

Please.

I could see this going down as one of the worst trades in Oilers history... the kind that takes the team years to recover from.

Old
10-06-2003, 05:51 PM
hunter orange

I think not. Stefan will skate like the breeze in Edmonton and Exelby could be the heir to Jason Smith. A Comrie & a piece for Stefan and Exelby deal would not go down as a terrible trade for the Oil IMO.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:10 PM
VayaConDios

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
I think not. Stefan will skate like the breeze in Edmonton and Exelby could be the heir to Jason Smith. A Comrie & a piece for Stefan and Exelby deal would not go down as a terrible trade for the Oil IMO.
Yeah but it wouldn't go down as a good trade either.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:18 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieDude
Yeah but it wouldn't go down as a good trade either.
agreed. i know this isnt the case, BUT.... it almost seems like most people here are accepting the fact that we wont get back much for comrie..... am i the only one who expects to get back a 30 goal scorer? because that is what we should be getting

Old
10-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
But Lowe would be criticized as being fleeced if that trade went through. People would be on here wanting Lowe's head if he ever did that trade.

10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
VayaConDios

Fans are gonna be mad at Lowe if he makes a trade that isn't excellent. A comrie rita for Stephan and Exelby, is definately not excellent. If we got York for Poti and Murray, i'm sure we can get more than Exelby and Stephan. But i would rather keep Comrie all together.

Old
10-06-2003, 07:05 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Fans are gonna be mad at Lowe if he makes a trade that isn't excellent. A comrie rita for Stephan and Exelby, is definately not excellent. If we got York for Poti and Murray, i'm sure we can get more than Exelby and Stephan. But i would rather keep Comrie all together.
I think it all depends on how the media spins it very few people know half as much the posters on here about hockey. If the media tells them its bad they will think that it's as simple as that most people are quite willing to have so called experts like Jones/Brown Lee/Matheson(hopefully more people listen to him) dictate their opinion. I hope this time won't be as bad as the Carter+Ninimaa time and it probably won't be since the word has got pretty well that Comrie does not want to play here, but time will tell. Stephan + Exelby for Comrie woohoo! good deal. I am here for u hunter_orange .

Old
10-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I think it all depends on how the media spins it very few people know half as much the posters on here about hockey. If the media tells them its bad they will think that it's as simple as that most people are quite willing to have so called experts like Jones/Brown Lee/Matheson(hopefully more people listen to him) dictate their opinion. I hope this time won't be as bad as the Carter+Ninimaa time and it probably won't be since the word has got pretty well that Comrie does not want to play here, but time will tell. Stephan + Exelby for Comrie woohoo! good deal. I am here for u hunter_orange .
Well Atlanta makes sense in many ways but another young dman with top pair potential would also be good. The improved team depth at forward gives Lowe a lot of options. A guy like Fischer would be a great fit IMO - and I guess we'll see what happens soon.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:12 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Well my first choice is to see Comrie signed. IMO unless Lowe gets an offer which would be overpaying, then he shouldn't do anything. I HOPE, I HOPE, I HOPE that Comrie is signed... and when/if he is if I hear some a$$ booing him he'll be wearing my sprite!!!!
I hate the boo birds - completely pointless.... what does it help? NOTHING! It's like the war song..... what's it good for, absolutely nothing!

Old
10-06-2003, 08:21 PM
dem

I want no part of Stefan.... none at all :mad:

I just hope the reason Comrie is in town is to get a deal done.

Old
10-06-2003, 08:23 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I want no part of Stefan.... none at all :mad:

I just hope the reason Comrie is in town is to get a deal done.
love the avatar!

Old
10-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:

Its funny Lowe is goning to be criticized no matter the trade. He could trade Cross for Bouwmeester. (<-----haha) and the Edmonton fans would still be upset. OKOK maybe not that one. But fans are going to be upset no matter what. Edmonton hockey fans look at everything emotionally. I just overheard one guy say "if the Oilers trade away one more guy I am going to stop watching them forever". Trades are a part of the business of hockey and fans should understand that for the most part a trade will always have a team that comes out on top. Sometimes the team that comes out on top won't see the payoff for a couple of years. (Hamrlik trade) Which IMO the Oilers came out on top. I agree that it's not fun watching one of the fan favorites get traded (Carter) but I liked that trade when it was anounced and I still like it. Lowe has the task of being the most criticized GM in the league with IMO the most informed fans in the league. (As well as the most emotional). I am a die hard Oilers fan and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I have faith in Lowe that if he makes a trade it will be for the good of the team.

Old
10-07-2003, 05:45 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
Its funny Lowe is goning to be criticized no matter the trade. He could trade Cross for Bouwmeester. (<-----haha) and the Edmonton fans would still be upset. OKOK maybe not that one. But fans are going to be upset no matter what. Edmonton hockey fans look at everything emotionally. I just overheard one guy say "if the Oilers trade away one more guy I am going to stop watching them forever". Trades are a part of the business of hockey and fans should understand that for the most part a trade will always have a team that comes out on top. Sometimes the team that comes out on top won't see the payoff for a couple of years. (Hamrlik trade) Which IMO the Oilers came out on top. I agree that it's not fun watching one of the fan favorites get traded (Carter) but I liked that trade when it was anounced and I still like it. Lowe has the task of being the most criticized GM in the league with IMO the most informed fans in the league. (As well as the most emotional). I am a die hard Oilers fan and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I have faith in Lowe that if he makes a trade it will be for the good of the team.
I don't know...Cross has such puck poise...

Old
10-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Please not Stefan...

Please.

Please.

I could see this going down as one of the worst trades in Oilers history... the kind that takes the team years to recover from.
I've have been saying this forever. Stefan will be a sure bust in a few years time. I can gurantee it.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
I don't know...Cross has such puck poise...

Old
10-07-2003, 06:30 AM
Mr Sakich

my guess is nashville for hamhuis or suter with something extra to even it up. Maybe comrie + rita for suter and upshall.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:30 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
I've have been saying this forever. Stefan will be a sure bust in a few years time. I can gurantee it.
I disagree. I think if he played for the Oilers he would finally have a breakout season. He has been under tremendous presure in Atlanta to put them in the playoffs. He would be under pressure here too, but for many players a change in scenery is a good thing. IMO Stefan would make alot of peoples heads turn here in town.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Slats432

If the deal that we ended up with is Stefan and Exelby or Coburn(who I personally am not that SUPER high on) for Comrie and a pick I would be willing to accept that return. I wouldn't be screaming from the rooftops about Lowe's trading prowess but on the other hand I wouldn't be putting him down either.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:41 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
that is simply an opinion. The gurantee is empty and meaningless as you simply can't gurantee that.
I think Stefan will be a real good two way center and will easily be a tops six player some day. He maynot live up to his first over-all selection, but I think that he will definately be a good player some day in the league.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:41 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
my guess is nashville for hamhuis or suter with something extra to even it up. Maybe comrie + rita for suter and upshall.
I don't think they will give up Hamhuis,Suter or Upshall they are all too coveted.
I think they might go for and this is good for both teams
To Nsh:
Comrie

To Edm:
Arkhipov
Stehlik

Old
10-07-2003, 06:42 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Lowe should want no part of a trade that sees Arkhipov as the main return.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:49 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Lowe should want no part of a trade that sees Arkhipov as the main return.
Lowe said he wants no more than two small players in the top 6 and Arkhipov is big and came off a bad season so his value is low but his potential is high and had a 42 point followed by a 35 point season proving he could score. Stehlik is called one of the draft steals and has looked great and I am sure Lowe would want him. It's a good deal trust me.

Closed Thread