HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

It might be Miller Time - TBN - Oct 1st

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Fan-of-#9

vCash: 500
It might be Miller Time - TBN - Oct 1st

Miller gets closer to #1 job

Miller sounds ready to me, and his 4-0 record is pretty convincing.

Old
10-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Miller shook off an early Wild power-play goal and made 22 saves in a sturdy effort. The only other goal he allowed came on a second-period penalty shot.
What about the Brent Burns goal? Tim Graham? Wrong?

Old
10-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Rowley Birkin

here we go again, people getting totally carried away with the Miller hype. we've been here before.... lets wait and see if he does something in the league for real. i hope he can, but its hardly a foregone conclusion.

Old
10-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Takeo

To be honest, I don't care about who the starter is. I'm worried about the backup.

Old
10-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
To be honest, I don't care about who the starter is. I'm worried about the backup.
only if its Marty...

Old
10-01-2005, 11:58 AM
CrazyPsycho

" "He looked a little nervous tonight," Ruff said of Miller. "I thought there were some uncharacteristic rebounds that came off him, but you get to the last game of the preseason, he put pressure on himself to really put a performance together.

Ugh, nervous for a preseason game? Someone obviously told him the job was on the line. I really worry about his mental toughness sometimes, hopefully he proves me wrong.

Old
10-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo
That makes no sense to me, sorry Takeo. What exactly do you mean? You are more concerned with the backup situation, then you are with the battle for the #1 job? It seems to me that you are not letting go of the fact that Noronen is #3 on the depth chart at this point.

Old
10-01-2005, 12:28 PM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

I figure he was nervous to face the Wild, as odd as that sounds.

Our goalies are practically archetypes: The solid but unspectacular replacement (Biron) for the long-time hero (Hasek). The very talented backup with the snakebit luck (Noronen). The kid who has excelled at every level looking to finally make a mark (Miller). All three with consistency issues and confidence problems. Throw them in Denmark with some ear poison and a knife, and you've got drama.

Noronen entered camp as what I considered to be the frontrunner. An here is Ryan against the team that shelled Mika, essentially submarining Noronen's chances this preseason. And here is Miller's opportunity to secure his job against that same team. He let it get into his head that this game was his Big Break. He'll get over it and settle down once he knows he's not on thhe bus to Rochester.

Closed Thread