HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 05:52 AM
flyercide

vCash: 500
DiPietro

Could someone enlighten me on how DiPietro has played this preseason? Has he played well? How does everyone think he will do here? Try to keep fan bias's out.. based on what you have seen. I think I've seen DiPietro play once last year or year before during regular season game & I remember his great stickhandling. And yes, I drafted him in my hockey pool & that's the main reason I am asking. I really think he has the potential to be great one.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Rick will either be a very good starter this year or a decent back up. All reports from camp have been that he looks good. He still makes some mistakes playing pucks but in net has look cool, calm, and focused.

He will push Garth for the #1 jobs. If he plays well he will be our starter. I would look for a split of the first 30 to 40 games and then one will take the #1 status.

With the Isles moving to a defence first system, much like the one your flyers play, he should put up good numbers this season. I expect he will be the #1 by the end of this year.

Tiki

Old
10-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyercide
Could someone enlighten me on how DiPietro has played this preseason? Has he played well? How does everyone think he will do here? Try to keep fan bias's out.. based on what you have seen. I think I've seen DiPietro play once last year or year before during regular season game & I remember his great stickhandling. And yes, I drafted him in my hockey pool & that's the main reason I am asking. I really think he has the potential to be great one.
Rico has had an excellent preseason, giving up 4 goals in 4 games played. His stickhandling can get him into some serious trouble, as it has done in the past, but it's a good asset to have around. He can be an "3rd defenseman" for them. If can keep his stickhandling in check to a point and keep his head straight, he could have an excellent year. But with this being his first full NHL season, I would expect him to go the way of having a record of a few games above .500.

-TL

Old
10-08-2003, 04:54 AM
Malex

Who will be the starter? Should i pick Dipietro in my fhl?

Old
10-08-2003, 06:24 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malex
Who will be the starter? Should i pick Dipietro in my fhl?
DiPietro was inconsistent in his 9 starts last yr.

Isles going to a trap should cut down on the number of shots he faces and he'll get plenty of starts splitting time with Snow,but I expect more inconsistency.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:56 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Dipietro will be the Isle #1 goalie by season's end. He'll be above .500 and will have good and bad night, but more good than bad. If the defense has adjusted to his style, he'll be on the eve of changing the goaltending position as we have known it.

Keep your eyes open!

Closed Thread