HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torres or Tootoo?

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2003, 03:33 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

vCash: 500
Torres or Tootoo?

I put this on the poll board as well, but which of these two agitators will be the better player? Tootoo made the final cut for Nashville today, and Torres will be on the Oiler's lineup for opening day as well. They both play a similar style and can put up some decent numbers.

So who's gonna be better?

Old
10-06-2003, 03:42 PM
heavyhauler

vCash: 1240
right now i see Torres as the better player but Tootoo may have the bigger heart

Old
10-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhauler
right now i see Torres as the better player but Tootoo may have the bigger heart
My thoughts exactly. I don't see Tootoo as anything more than a 4th liner, that can change the momentum of a game once in a while.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
My thoughts exactly. I don't see Tootoo as anything more than a 4th liner, that can change the momentum of a game once in a while.
Honestly, TooToo .... never seen anything in the last few years that hits like that. I may eat that in the long run though :p ...

Old
10-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101
Honestly, TooToo .... never seen anything in the last few years that hits like that. I may eat that in the long run though :p ...
He is tiny though. He better not get Bertuzzi etc. angry at him.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:41 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
He is tiny though. He better not get Bertuzzi etc. angry at him.
I would take Tootoo, not to create a winning team but for the excitement he would bring to each game. I loved watching him run around hitting everyone in the world juniors and it would be even more exciting to see him do that in the NHL.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Dangerdanger

I watched tootoo play quite a few times for brandon, he jumps into almost every hit, and catches people when they're not looking with late hits. He's going to get in a lot of trouble doing that in the nhl.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:52 PM
GorillazXL

Tootoo has alot heart but Torres hands down will be a better all around player. I think Torres has a good chance to be a third/second line player where as Tootoo, due to his lack of size will be held back on the fourth line. Then again Fleury is about the same size and he proved alot of people who said his size would hinder him, wrong.

GXL

Old
10-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Torres by a country mile...he has actual skill, and could possibly end up as a top-6 forward. I highly doubt Tootoo will be much more than a good 4th line energy guy.

GorrilaXL: With Tootoo, the problem is more than just size...the problem is skill.

Old
10-06-2003, 04:58 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
GorrilaXL: With Tootoo, the problem is more than just size...the problem is skill.
He put up some decent numbers in juniors...but yeah, i agree. He doesn't have the talent Fleury has.

GXL

Old
10-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Freakey Styley

i pick tootoo although he might have problems running guys over like he used to (i can already see him knocking tomas kaberle down and domi,belak,mccabe,tucker well the whole leafs team running after him) but the thing about tootoo is he's not a bad offensive player, i don't think he can do what he did in junior but torres has shown (although it's a lil early) that he's 40pts guy and for tootoo you just don't really know yet.

but i think tootoo shouldn't be too much of a energy guy, they should make him a productive 3rd liner who once a game gives a big hit and plays mighty hard. if in his prime, tootoo concentrates too much on being the energy guy he won't be productive, to me that's for sure (look at WJC last yr).

Old
10-07-2003, 10:54 AM
mowthecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
I put this on the poll board as well, but which of these two agitators will be the better player? Tootoo made the final cut for Nashville today, and Torres will be on the Oiler's lineup for opening day as well. They both play a similar style and can put up some decent numbers.

So who's gonna be better?

I'd say Tootoo. I think he has more offence.

Old
10-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Oilers1*

I wonder if the people who say that Tootoo is too small have ever met any Inuit.

I hope this isn't interpreted as racism or anything but, generally, they have a very unique build. I lived in the NWT for quite some times in a town that was about 25% Inuit and you'd rarely see am Inuit that is as tall as 5'11. However, they can be very solidly built; almost bowlegged with a thick trunk and short, stocky legs. In short, a powerful lower-body with a low center of gravity. Tootoo may be small but, with a build like that, he's going to be almost impossible to knock down and very powerful when he has a head of steam.

I see both him and Torres being along the lines of Maltby one day.

Closed Thread