HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semenko in the HHOF?

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 08:32 PM
LawnDemon

vCash: 500
Semenko in the HHOF?

well sort of anyway...

i was in Toronto this weekend and took the opportunity to wear my Semenko jersey to the hall of fame. i certainly drew some strange looks (especially from the leaf fans) but i figured it would be the only way i could get this particular oiler into the hall. i had to choose between my Semenko and Fogolin jerseys. it was a difficult choice made easier by the fact that the fogolin jersey still has nacho cheese on it from sometime last year so i stand by my decision...

at any rate it got me thinking - there should be a goon ballot for the hall. i mean, there's a builder ballot so why not? the league also needs be an enforcer trophy. enough with the Lady Bing - bring on the Anual Semenko Award!

seriously though. if you they were going to create an enforcer award who would you name it after? who is the best goon of all time?

Old
10-05-2003, 08:44 PM
M00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon

seriously though. if you they were going to create an enforcer award who would you name it after? who is the best goon of all time?

Semenko would be a great pick. But I'd have to go with either John Ferguson or Tiger Williams with the nod going to Fergy. The first and one fo the best enforcers.

Old
10-07-2003, 08:54 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00se
Semenko would be a great pick. But I'd have to go with either John Ferguson or Tiger Williams with the nod going to Fergy. The first and one fo the best enforcers.
Yeah, hate to say it, but at least Williams beats out Semenko. Semenko was tough - what did he go with Ali, 10 rounds? - and nasty, but Williams was just crazy.

Bobby "He'll Never Skate Again" Clarke could even go in there.

Hrm, now you got me thinking.

Closed Thread