HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question Regarding DJ Smith and Kristian Antilla

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2005, 02:01 AM
kenny #9

vCash: 500
Question Regarding DJ Smith and Kristian Antilla

Today i saw on a free agent list that these two players had retired. The reason that they retired was labeled "coach". If anyone has anymore information regarding this, im quite curious. Thx in advance

Old
10-03-2005, 03:36 AM
COHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny #9
Today i saw on a free agent list that these two players had retired. The reason that they retired was labeled "coach".
If anyone has anymore information regarding this, im quite curious. Thx in advance
"coach" means that they are now coaching. D.J. Smith is now assistant coach to his old team the Windsor Spitfires, details can be found here.

Not too sure of Kristian Antila, last I know he played for Ilves Tampere and LuleŚ HF, but he is not on the coaching rosters for either team. I saw his name in some Finnish websites, but I do not speak Suomi.

Old
10-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Foppa2118

I believe Eric Messier retired earlier this year to become a coach as well. Seems like these guys could have played a little while longer.

Old
10-03-2005, 07:54 AM
SilverSkate

DJ had one too many concussions. The last one kept him off the ice for more than a year. He hasn't been playing since. I don't know if the symptoms have gone away by now, but I think this is his 2nd year coaching.

Old
10-03-2005, 09:01 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSkate
DJ had one too many concussions. The last one kept him off the ice for more than a year. He hasn't been playing since. I don't know if the symptoms have gone away by now, but I think this is his 2nd year coaching.
Yeah, DJ had a major concussion during an all-star type year for Hershey. Concussions = bad, very bad. In fact, despite all of Forsbergs injuries to his ankles and groin it might be a concussion that retires him. Philly will not appreciate the irony. I hope this does not happen but concussions get easier and easier to get. Peter is sure to get hit hard a few times this season.

Closed Thread