Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

best team

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2005, 02:45 PM
domifan28

vCash: 500
best team

who at this point in time will be the best team in the ohl???

Old
10-03-2005, 02:50 PM
CharlieGirl

I think the Petes are going to be hard to beat this year. There are a few good teams out there though.

Old
10-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Pothier

The Petes no doubt about it. I also expect Kitchener to do well, Richards is a tough loss to swallow, probably the best leader in the OHL last year, but they're new crop of rookies should be fun to watch.

Old
10-07-2005, 08:04 AM
OHLArenaGuide

Peterborough is my preliminary favourite, they have a little of everything and a great coach. Kitchener has the league's best defense, London has top-class scoring and goaltending but an untested D, it's really tough to say who'll come out on top.

Old
10-07-2005, 11:12 AM
trahans99

Barrie is off to a great start and have a great goalie (Lacosta) and fire power w/ Little and another goal scorer (forget his name - has 7 goals so far).

Will be a good measuring stick tonight for London now w/ Schremp, Bolland, Dennis and Bealieau back.

Old
10-07-2005, 02:02 PM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Barrie is off to a great start and have a great goalie (Lacosta) and fire power w/ Little and another goal scorer (forget his name - has 7 goals so far).
Ryan Hamilton.

Old
10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99

Will be a good measuring stick tonight for London now w/ Schremp, Bolland, Dennis and Bealieau back.
Since when is LaCosta a great goalie?

Old
10-08-2005, 01:21 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Since when is LaCosta a great goalie?

He's a pretty good goalie nonetheless.

I think London proved they are still a team to be reckoned with - everything was on for them tonight - including killing off two 5 on 3's.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:49 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
He's a pretty good goalie nonetheless.
Hold on. When did I miss this?

Old
10-15-2005, 10:41 AM
JrHockeyFan

Well . . .

Since you said "at this point in time" which is the best in the OHL:

London has rattled off 6 straight wins and has the top powerplay in the OHL. In the 6 wins they included beating Barrie, Ottawa, and Owen Sound.

The DEE is starting to come along. Aarsen, Syvret, Rediker and Ferry are improving now that they are not constantly backpeddling. A strong Offense makes that possible. As Napoleon once said: the best defense is a good offense.

To actually end up the best team we will have to see that Defense shape up some more. I expect a trade to be made to help matters in this regard. Nothing flashy, just a stay at home rear-guard.

Old
10-21-2005, 04:46 PM
majorattackfan

London did not beat Owen Sound. Owen sound has beat london both games they have played against the this year
8-1 and 4-3

Old
10-21-2005, 05:03 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorattackfan
London did not beat Owen Sound. Owen sound has beat london both games they have played against the this year
8-1 and 4-3
Those games were both great wins for Owen Sound and Attack fans should be proud of them. London was embarassed in the first game.

Let me ask you this, though - assuming you are aware of the 3 guys that have joined London since then - how much stock do you put in those wins?

What are your thoughts on OS this year as a whole? Playoff bound?

Old
10-22-2005, 12:14 PM
JrHockeyFan

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorattackfan
8-1 and 4-3
You are correct. The win I was thinking of was against the Greyhounds

Owen Sound looks pretty good so far. But in London's defense, Owen Sound has not played their front line players yet. The next game should be more indicative with Dennis, Hunter, Beaulieu and Schremp involved.

Old
10-22-2005, 09:24 PM
FearTheFlyers

Wow, the guy just points out an error and Knights fans jump all over him about returning players. Touchy.

Old
10-24-2005, 02:35 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Wow, the guy just points out an error and Knights fans jump all over him about returning players. Touchy.
It appears as though you didn't read what what either of us said. Neither post really qualifies as "jumping" on him.

You need to go back to last year and read some responses we had to Dijon's posts (and even some of yours, IIRC) - if you need to be reminded what jumping on someone looks like.

Old
10-24-2005, 06:46 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
It appears as though you didn't read what what either of us said. Neither post really qualifies as "jumping" on him.

You need to go back to last year and read some responses we had to Dijon's posts (and even some of yours, IIRC) - if you need to be reminded what jumping on someone looks like.

Please.

You made absolutely sure he knew that London got guys back and totally dismissed both of those wins by sardonically asking him how much stock he put in them.

Then, in case he missed that the next guy points out to him again that London had guys missing, as if it would be impossible for London to be defeated with them.

That is jumping on him, whatever you might say.

Old
10-24-2005, 10:40 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Please.

You made absolutely sure he knew that London got guys back and totally dismissed both of those wins by sardonically asking him how much stock he put in them.

Then, in case he missed that the next guy points out to him again that London had guys missing, as if it would be impossible for London to be defeated with them.

That is jumping on him, whatever you might say.
If I'm going to jump on someone I'm going to make sure it's a more blatant then that was. I've been called a few things on here but subtle isn't one of them. Whether or not you saw it that way, I was much more curious as to what he though of OS this year then trying to "prove" that London is better because we got some guys back. Those wins proved something regardless of who was playing for London - it proved more than OS was able to prove against the knights all last year IMO.

We're a more subdued bunch of London fans this year and some of us even like to hear others opinions, believe it or not.

Old
10-27-2005, 06:06 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
If I'm going to jump on someone I'm going to make sure it's a more blatant then that was. I've been called a few things on here but subtle isn't one of them. Whether or not you saw it that way, I was much more curious as to what he though of OS this year then trying to "prove" that London is better because we got some guys back. Those wins proved something regardless of who was playing for London - it proved more than OS was able to prove against the knights all last year IMO.

We're a more subdued bunch of London fans this year and some of us even like to hear others opinions, believe it or not.
I think you know what you meant when you asked him how much stock he put in those wins, in fact, I rarely read one of your posts without a cheap shot at the Attack, which I assume is an attempt to entice me. I need look no further than the above post for proof of that.

But really, I'm getting off track, I'll just re-affirm i'm pretty sure both of you knew what you were saying when you said a totally off topic statement like Let me ask you this, though - assuming you are aware of the 3 guys that have joined London since then - how much stock do you put in those wins?

Old
10-27-2005, 08:19 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
I think you know what you meant when you asked him how much stock he put in those wins, in fact, I rarely read one of your posts without a cheap shot at the Attack, which I assume is an attempt to entice me. I need look no further than the above post for proof of that.

But really, I'm getting off track, I'll just re-affirm i'm pretty sure both of you knew what you were saying when you said a totally off topic statement like Let me ask you this, though - assuming you are aware of the 3 guys that have joined London since then - how much stock do you put in those wins?
I've got better things to do with my time then try to entice you. If you honestly do think most of my posts here are trying to encite you or something, well, you've got some serious ego issues then.

We'll have to agree to disagree on my intentions in that post, I suppose.

Last edited by thomasincanada: 10-27-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old
10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
I've got better things to do with my time then try to entice you. If you honestly do think most of my posts here are trying to encite you or something, well, you've got some serious ego issues then.

We'll have to agree to disagree on my intentions in that post, I suppose.
Nope, no ego problems, for definite. I just don't like all the shots you take in your posts.

And I'm pretty sure we both know your intentions.

Old
10-27-2005, 09:52 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Nope, no ego problems, for definite. I just don't like all the shots you take in your posts.

And I'm pretty sure we both know your intentions.
In regards to me taking all the *shots* in my posts - Just recently you..

- laughed at a guy, obviously sardonically, when he suggested that Bolland and Schremp were going to be 1 & 2 in OHL scoring this year (which they are currently)

- also suggested they just "leeched" off last years team.

- said that Schremp and Hunter would be at each other all year

- Insinuated Hunter was being classless by keeping Schremp on the powerplay in a game

- said you didn't see the knights doing anything this year

And of course you said the same kinds of things last year. I don't mind you dishing it out - but if you're gonna dish it out you better be prepared to take it as well.

Old
11-04-2005, 10:03 AM
SpiritFan10

I am not saying that they are the best, but the Saginaw Spirit are having an incredible start to the season. Ryan Daniels was just named OHL Goalie of the month.

Old
11-04-2005, 11:40 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritFan10
I am not saying that they are the best, but the Saginaw Spirit are having an incredible start to the season. Ryan Daniels was just named OHL Goalie of the month.
They are playing so well, and I don't think there's an OHL fan out there who isn't happy for the team and their fans! Nice to see that they've received a nod in the CHL Top 10 too!

Old
11-04-2005, 01:20 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
They are playing so well, and I don't think there's an OHL fan out there who isn't happy for the team and their fans! Nice to see that they've received a nod in the CHL Top 10 too!
They deserve it for sure. I wasn't expecting them to be this strong - should be interesting to see if they can keep up the excellent play (and I think they can)

McDonough seems to be tearing it up.

Old
11-13-2005, 04:28 PM
JrHockeyFan

What?

Quote:

Do you read? My reply was:
You are correct. The win I was thinking of was against the Greyhounds

Owen Sound looks pretty good so far. But in London's defense, Owen Sound has not played their front line players yet. The next game should be more indicative with Dennis, Hunter, Beaulieu and Schremp involved.
10-21-2005 06:03 PM

I made a mistake saying London beat Owen Sound and agreed with him

I said Owen Sound looks like they have a good team

I also said it would be a more even contest now that key players are back.

So where did anybody jump on anyone? Read more carefully would you.

Closed Thread