HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enforcer needed IMO

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Diehardfan419

vCash: 500
Enforcer needed IMO

Anyone else out there think, as I do, that our team is in need of an enforcer? Im not sold on the idea that Purinton or Rullier can do it because they are defencmen and unless Renney plans on dressing 7 d-man each night, its too difficult. I do not think that a teams number one enforcer should be on defence, for that matter. I am of the thought that it needs to be your 12th forward who can also play a little bit.

That all said, I really think that we need one on this team. From the looks of pre-season, this team is going to be a hustling one and one that finishes its checks (Hollweg,Ruccin,Ortmeyer,Betts,Kasper,Niemenen). However, did anyone else see Hollweg get his lunch handed to him by the Jansenns kid from NJ on Sunday? I love Hollweg and think the guy can be a very good player/agitator/middleweight fighter. But, we are in serious trouble if the Flyers, Devils, Columbus, or Boston's of the league start running around at our star players after the players mentioned above are running theirs. Then when the game starts to really get mean, and they will since we are playing so many intra-divisional games, we are in trouble.

Plus, I also believe that your players play a little bigger if they know that there is a true heavyweight on the team to back them up. (Worrell? Low?). Just a thought.

Old
10-03-2005, 04:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
Anyone else out there think, as I do, that our team is in need of an enforcer? Im not sold on the idea that Purinton or Rullier can do it because they are defencmen and unless Renney plans on dressing 7 d-man each night, its too difficult. I do not think that a teams number one enforcer should be on defence, for that matter. I am of the thought that it needs to be your 12th forward who can also play a little bit.

That all said, I really think that we need one on this team. From the looks of pre-season, this team is going to be a hustling one and one that finishes its checks (Hollweg,Ruccin,Ortmeyer,Betts,Kasper,Niemenen). However, did anyone else see Hollweg get his lunch handed to him by the Jansenns kid from NJ on Sunday? I love Hollweg and think the guy can be a very good player/agitator/middleweight fighter. But, we are in serious trouble if the Flyers, Devils, Columbus, or Boston's of the league start running around at our star players after the players mentioned above are running theirs. Then when the game starts to really get mean, and they will since we are playing so many intra-divisional games, we are in trouble.

Plus, I also believe that your players play a little bigger if they know that there is a true heavyweight on the team to back them up. (Worrell? Low?). Just a thought.

Id take Low over Worrell. Low is younger, can skate better and does not have baggage like Worrell does.

Old
10-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Diehardfan419

So would I, Orts. But, we cant not have one. If we dont sign Low ( who Id love to get), id be just as happy with Worrell. Speaking of him, has anyone heard how he is doing in Hartford?

Old
10-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Larry Melnyk

Actually, the reason why Low lost out to Downey?? in St. Lou is the rap he has for not fighting or standing up enough for his team mates...And Worrel still needs to work things out and off (weight)...

As for the need for an enforcer...Hmmmm...Wouldn't need one if we were't so soft on the top 2 lines...Buit as it stands, we only have NOB that will throws check and the occasional physicality from Hollweg or Ward (if they play) on the 4th line...So an enforcer would come in handy on some occasions (i.e., Philly, Devils)

Old
10-03-2005, 04:43 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Actually, the reason why Low lost out to Downey?? in St. Lou is the rap he has for not fighting or standing up enough for his team mates...And Worrel still needs to work things out and off (weight)...

As for the need for an enforcer...Hmmmm...Wouldn't need one if we were't so soft on the top 2 lines...Buit as it stands, we only have NOB that will throws check and the occasional physicality from Hollweg or Ward (if they play) on the 4th line...So an enforcer would come in handy on some occasions (i.e., Philly, Devils)

I bet Brashear tries to run at Straka, Nylander and all of our other softer players. Hollweg would fight but get killed by huggy bear brashear, the only 3 players that fight that have size are Purinton, Strudwick and Rullier, and they all play on defense which is not good imho.

Old
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Fletch

I'd like to see

Brash catch Straka in order to hit him...

Old
10-03-2005, 04:53 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

I bet NJ would love to send you Oliwa and his .8M+ dollar contract. Especially with a cheaper Langdon still in the mix.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:00 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
I bet NJ would love to send you Oliwa and his .8M+ dollar contract. Especially with a cheaper Langdon still in the mix.
Id take Langdon over Oliwa. Langdon better team guy and weve seen both players as Rangers once.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:15 PM
E-Train

Strudwick can play 4th line until Worrell finishes Jenny Craig. No need to pick up another enforcer. I am also fine with Grenier as 7th D/4th Line LW.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
You can keep him, after all, y'all were so hot to sign him in the first place. Two year contract wasn't it?

Old
10-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Whats up with Worrell anyway? Why wasnt he up here for some action?

Old
10-03-2005, 06:38 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I agree that none of our current guys can do any real enforcing. However, it's only important that a bruiser doesn't get a hold of one of our players and instead the nominated punching bag is available for taking the lumps. .....On second thought I wouldn't mind seeing Poti get beat up once or twice, maybe even three times, ah hell four would be great but I know I'm pushing it.

Old
10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
True Blue

Worrell will be up before the month is up. Actually, just as soon as he gets his weight down.

Old
10-03-2005, 07:45 PM
in the hall

worrell is a monstor

lol i just remembered him fighting theo, theres more then a foot difference in height lmao that guy had balls

Old
10-03-2005, 07:46 PM
in the hall

worrell got fat?

Old
10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
reported to the rangers at 285 lbs

here is a option
The Blues announced they will place right winger Reed Low on waivers, effective at 11 a.m today. If no team picks him up in the 24-hour waiver period, the Blues have the option to reassign him."

Old
10-03-2005, 10:10 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Yeah, Theo actually held his own against Worrell... Oliwa is at least a decent fighter, Langdon is better.

Worrell, Purinton, Strudwick, they're not great fighters... haven't seen enough of Grenier or Rullier.

I'd like to set sights on Brookbank, Shelley or Andrew Peters, now that we have significant trading bait in Ward, Poti, Wiseman, Lampman, dare I say Lundmark.

Old
10-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Diehardfan419

Disagree 100%, Marley, about Worrell's fighting ability. Maybe you saw one or two of his fights where he struggled or something, but Worrell is a top 10, maybe top 5 Heavyweight in this league. The guy is flat out feared around the NHL.

Old
10-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Yeah, Theo actually held his own against Worrell... Oliwa is at least a decent fighter, Langdon is better.

Worrell, Purinton, Strudwick, they're not great fighters... haven't seen enough of Grenier or Rullier.

I'd like to set sights on Brookbank, Shelley or Andrew Peters, now that we have significant trading bait in Ward, Poti, Wiseman, Lampman, dare I say Lundmark.
Worrell is still a top 10 fighter. Not in the league of Big Georges or Brash but he is still dominant. Rullier is apparently nothing special with the fists, average at best for his size. From all reports I have heard of, Grenier is indeed the best fighter in the organization.

Personally, as I am a big proponent of fighting and excitement, I would love for the Rangers to trade a little something and hand over a 4th line spot to a rugged SOB like Colton Orr in the Bruins organization however that seems unlikely.

Old
10-04-2005, 01:35 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burberry Manning
Worrell is still a top 10 fighter. Not in the league of Big Georges or Brash but he is still dominant. Rullier is apparently nothing special with the fists, average at best for his size. From all reports I have heard of, Grenier is indeed the best fighter in the organization.

Personally, as I am a big proponent of fighting and excitement, I would love for the Rangers to trade a little something and hand over a 4th line spot to a rugged SOB like Colton Orr in the Bruins organization however that seems unlikely.

So how come Grenier got sent down so quickly?

Old
10-04-2005, 02:04 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
I've yet to read a comment on it, but since being named captain In my humble opinion I see Kaspar dropping the gloves a little more than usual. This is HIS team now...wow that's wierd to say, I've hated the guy forever, but love him now (kinda like Ulfie).

I can totally see Kaspar dropping the gloves every so often, while not being able to fight a complete heavy weight the guy knows how to check you legally, with the best in the business, and I think he'll have the tendency to stick up for his players more often now that he has the "c" on his jersey...

thoughts?

Old
10-04-2005, 02:13 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
I've yet to read a comment on it, but since being named captain In my humble opinion I see Kaspar dropping the gloves a little more than usual. This is HIS team now...wow that's wierd to say, I've hated the guy forever, but love him now (kinda like Ulfie).

I can totally see Kaspar dropping the gloves every so often, while not being able to fight a complete heavy weight the guy knows how to check you legally, with the best in the business, and I think he'll have the tendency to stick up for his players more often now that he has the "c" on his jersey...

thoughts?

yea, but we do need toughness upfront, I wonder if Nieminen will drop the gloves more since he is our best forward hitter besides Hollweg. And Hollweg loves to hit but is small.

Old
10-04-2005, 02:20 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
yea, but we do need toughness upfront, I wonder if Nieminen will drop the gloves more since he is our best forward hitter besides Hollweg. And Hollweg loves to hit but is small.
Nieminen might but I consider him to be in the class of Barnaby, but more of a pest and less of a stand in you face and drop kind of guy....can't say I'm displeased with him being on the team, I don't know how may times I've said "man I hate that guy, but if he was on my team..."

I do agree I think we need someone that is a bigger guy that will stand up and take care of business but we'll see how fights work out in the "NEW NHL"

Old
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burberry Manning

Not trying to be rude but Grienier sucks. He doesn't throw punches and if you think Dale hugs wait till you see this kid. Big Mac is by far the best fighter that is with the Rangers or Wolfpack. He is top 5 in AHL right now and could be NHL top 10 but doesn't skate well . Worrell is still top fighter if interested but his mind needs to be on hockey not parting

Old
10-04-2005, 09:43 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR

i wouldnt trade for an enforcer, his value to a team is almost none and even less here since we already have capable enforcers

who cares how old he is, its an enforcer

Closed Thread