HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Immonen and Rullier sent down...

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Immonen and Rullier sent down...

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Immonen and Rullier were sent to Hartford. The roster is now at 24:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1734

Old
10-03-2005, 05:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Immonen and Rullier were sent to Hartford. The roster is now at 24:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1734

Hmm I suspect Moore dealt, hed have to clear waivers. Does Rullier have to clear waivers?

Old
10-03-2005, 05:12 PM
FLYLine24

Had a feeling Immonen was getting sent down, good move, I think a month or 2 in Hartford is what he needs.

So either Purinton, Drats, Moore, Betts, Hollweg, Ward or Prucha will most likely be the last person. I hope its not Drats. I would pick either Ward or Purinton to be sent down from those names.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
DarthSather99

I figured Immonen would be sent down. He didn't show ALOT but he's got potential.

JOrtmeyer. I think MOORE made the final roster. Why do you think he didn't earn a spot? He was one of the best players.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
FLYLine24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I figured Immonen would be sent down. He didn't show ALOT but he's got potential.

JOrtmeyer. I think MOORE made the final roster. Why do you think he didn't earn a spot? He was one of the best players.

I dont know about one of the best players, he was ok, earned himself a spot IMO but there was a handful that performed better then he did.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
DarthSather99

Hartofrd will have ALOT of talent down there. I hope everyone gets enough ice time.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Balej20*

who's gonna be the final cut?? Hollweg? Moore? Ward?

Old
10-03-2005, 05:17 PM
FLYLine24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Hmm I suspect Moore dealt, hed have to clear waivers. Does Rullier have to clear waivers?
Im almost certain that Rullier does have to clear waivers. But im not 100%.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Fletch

Then whay, FLY?

after a month or two in Hartford, assuming he plays well, where does he go? Until there's an injury to a centerman, it may be tough for a guy like Immonen to get a call-up. I'm interested to see if Betts is the third, and Moore the fourth, or if Lundmark's the third and Betts is the fourth. Still would've been nice to see Immonen with decent wingers...I'll say that until I see him again.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
who's gonna be the final cut?? Hollweg? Moore? Ward?
Yep, most likely one of the three unless all are kept---which means Jaime Lundmark would no longer be a Ranger...With the Rangers only announcing two cuts, I can see them working on something..

As for Immonen and Rullier, pretty much the right call...although I would take ANYBODY over Poti and Rozival, it wasn't going to happen...

Old
10-03-2005, 05:31 PM
eco's bones

According to JD on the telecast yesterday players with one way contracts have to go through waivers. So Rullier would be eligible. Ward and Purinton would definitely be up for grabs. The question remains if someone would want to pick them up for the amount of money they're making. The other candidates are Hollweg, Moore,
kondratiev, Strudwick and Prucha. If they send Prucha down or Hollweg down I'm not going to be happy.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:33 PM
FLYLine24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
after a month or two in Hartford, assuming he plays well, where does he go? Until there's an injury to a centerman, it may be tough for a guy like Immonen to get a call-up. I'm interested to see if Betts is the third, and Moore the fourth, or if Lundmark's the third and Betts is the fourth. Still would've been nice to see Immonen with decent wingers...I'll say that until I see him again.
Betts is very injury prone so im sure he'll get injured by then, Rucchin is kind of old..he could get a minor injury...our team is always getting hurt during the season, Im sure that one of our 4 centers will be hurt within 2 months. But even if Immonen isnt ready in 2 months then its no harm done if nobody is injured (which obviously i dont want to happen anyway).

Old
10-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Choice

I understand Immonen being sent down. Lets hope he stays motivated and forces his way back to New York in the not too distant future. I would make Ward the final cut. Between him, Purinton and Ruillier going through wavers, i have a hard time believing many, if any teams would be interested.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
I agree with FLY, Hartford will be great for Immonen..Thay can play him in all situations and give him major ice and have him ready to step in for any center on the Rangers, be it for injury or lack of performance....And he pretty much got beat out by Dom Moore fair and square, so he kinda belongs in Hartford right now unless you want him to wither as a black ace..

Old
10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Fletch

We'll continue to disagree there, Larry...

as I've made it no secret that I liked what I saw from Immonen, save the last game when he was barely played. But that's another story. I hope, and expect, him to do well in Hartford. He's skilled (I actually think he's more skilled than Lundmark) and was a bit grittier than I had expected.

The 'wait for injuries' line is tough to expect sometimes. What if the guy goes down, does as well as one can expect, and better, and there aren't injuries? Then you have a 23 year old playing in an inferior league waiting for someone to get hurt. It's a tough way to develop a kid sometimes. Oh well...

Old
10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Ola

Quote:
Betts is the 3rd, almost 100%.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Yep, most likely one of the three unless all are kept---which means Jaime Lundmark would no longer be a Ranger...With the Rangers only announcing two cuts, I can see them working on something..

As for Immonen and Rullier, pretty much the right call...although I would take ANYBODY over Poti and Rozival, it wasn't going to happen...
I agree that I think we'll see a deal or two before opening night, and seeing Lundmark go would not shock me. Another bonus about Immonen heading to Hartford is that Graham won't be thrust into the role of top line center at such a young age.

Old
10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Ola

Immonen didn't play better then Rucchin did in the preseason. He wasn't ready. Once he is I am sure Renney wouldn't hesitate one second to move Rucchin to the 4th line spot...

Old
10-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Until there's an injury to a centerman, it may be tough for a guy like Immonen to get a call-up.
With Betts and Rucchin in the lineup, you won't have to wait long.

Old
10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
With Betts and Rucchin in the lineup, you won't have to wait long.
Rucchin played 82 games in 2003-04...can't say the same for Nylander (18), Straka (54), Rozsival (0) or even Jagr however.

Old
10-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Choice

Quote:

The 'wait for injuries' line is tough to expect sometimes. What if the guy goes down, does as well as one can expect, and better, and there aren't injuries? Then you have a 23 year old playing in an inferior league waiting for someone to get hurt. It's a tough way to develop a kid sometimes. Oh well...
Competition is healthy for an organization. Immonen playing well in Hartford should light a fire under whatever centers are up with the Rangers. If not then they should see their minutes decreased and Jarkko will fill the spot....

oh wait this is the Rangers we're talking about. Nevermind, as long as you are getting paid more and are older you'll get the minutes.

Seriously though, I really hope the culture of the Rangers has changed...we shall see...

Old
10-03-2005, 06:19 PM
AXN

Immonen will play for the Rangers. Probably the second line some day. He needs to play a lot in Hartford. In a year he will make the Rangers.

Old
10-03-2005, 06:24 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
My hope for Immonen is that he logs major minutes as the top center in Hartford. Maybe get some spot time in NY as space is made available, from injuries. Then get the permanent call-up after the trade deadline. It's a long season, we'll have to see what happens.

Old
10-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Levitate

rangers will be fined if immonen plays less than 35 games. he'll get time this year. if they don't give him a legit chance, it's also possible he could just go back to finland.

Old
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
in the hall

my money is on dale, strudwick's basically a better version of him

even his off ice persona isn't enough now, i mean really, after a week without dale i'm sure no one will notice or care

Closed Thread