HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ranger 'd' Tandem Happy About Reunion

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 05:29 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Ranger 'd' Tandem Happy About Reunion

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/40934.htm

Old
10-07-2003, 05:35 AM
KING

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Old
10-07-2003, 05:44 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
"I plan on being back up soon. I'm not going to get settled in Hartford at all."

I like that. I like that alot. This guy shows heart and drive. Hopefully by mid-season he takes Simon's spot.

I'm glad Fedor is gonna be around for the year down in Hartford...it'll be nice to be able to keep a closer eye on him.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If Poti and deVries are destined to remain together, who will be Leetch's partner when he's back?

Old
10-07-2003, 06:44 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
If Poti and deVries are destined to remain together, who will be Leetch's partner when he's back?
Good question, MJ. The answer is that it is nearly impossible to construct a competent top 6 with the 6 d-men that we have. You cannot go into a game where the M&M girls are together and Poti and DeVo are together becuase that would lead to Leetchie being paired w/ Kasper. On the other hand, so far Jackass seems to like the M&M pair and the Poti/DeVo pairing. I DO NOT want to see Poti paired w/ Leetch and let's face it, despite his strong camp, DeVries is NOT a top pairing guy. I think that this is the question to consider: Since we can all agree that Kasper is not going to be Leetch's partner, which pairing will Jackass bust up? The M&M girls or Poti/DeVo? I have a feeling that either Malacough or DeVries will be the one to play w/ Leetch. However, it's a matter of which of the above pairing will Sather break up.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:17 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

any of those pairings look jacked.
leetch devries is the only one that makes any sense.
poti devries
kaspar devries

those three need to play with anchors. malakhov and mironov aren't anchors and neither is bouchard really. purinton isn't the most reliable guy back there. even tjutin is a free wheeling type. i would just play leetch with kaspar and hope kaspar will learn to play solid defense. a big hit should only come when all four of your linemates are in position because even if you get a big hit, if there is no one on your team to not only recover the puck, but transition into a counterstrike, then you are missing the point since the other team could just recover the puck and walk in for a goal or odd man rush. i haven't seen any games yet. how is this so called system and how is kaspar doing?

i doubt we will have any deadwood dumping trades coming our way to get us another anchor type dman and make room for scott or keefe (ie trade chris simon)

Old
10-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Barnaby

I like this:

Leetch-Malakhov
Poti-DeVries
Mironov-Kasper

Leetch and Malakhov performed well together in the past and Poti and Devries have looked strong together. Mironov is an improvement over Dale on the the 3rd paring. I dont want to see Leetch and Poti again and Poti needs a solid stay-at-home defense partner.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Leetch-Malakhov
Poti-DeVries
Mironov-Kasper
I'd say that's basically the only option.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Fletch

I agree MJ and Barnaby...

it also reduces the amount of ice time Mironov will get.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:49 AM
kazo

Quote:
Which is to say, save for de Vries, all we've done is to regurgitate the same inept defense as the past few years. Except that all these guys are a year older.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:58 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I add my agreement that this is probably the only option. However, how will Bobo react to playing w/o Malacough? And it is still a question as to wether or not he can even play the top pairing. At this point I'd say that he is as much a top pairing guy as DeVries is. Which is not to say that I suddenly think that DeVries is a top pairing d-man.

"Which is to say, save for de Vries, all we've done is to regurgitate the same inept defense as the past few years. Except that all these guys are a year older."

Funny how the Devils can go into a season with their 3rd defensive pairing being a pair of rookies. And how the star-studded 'Lanche can go into a season with 4 rookies on the squad. Not that I am trying to say that the Ragners have similar type of prospects. Just a sad commentary.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:26 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Which is to say, save for de Vries, all we've done is to regurgitate the same inept defense as the past few years. Except that all these guys are a year older.
-You forgot to add that they a supposedly playing within a system now which if executed makes a world of difference.

Quote:
I add my agreement that this is probably the only option. However, how will Bobo react to playing w/o Malacough? And it is still a question as to wether or not he can even play the top pairing. At this point I'd say that he is as much a top pairing guy as DeVries is. Which is not to say that I suddenly think that DeVries is a top pairing d-man.
You're right, it is the only/best option. Poti and Devries might have something there. Leetch and Malakov have had intermittent sucess in the past, Mironov and Kasper.....well that would be "interesting" now wouldn't it! And as for as Mironov playing without Malakhov, well he didn't play with him most of last year nor his career so I don't think he'll care to be honest.

Old
10-07-2003, 12:27 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
"I plan on being back up soon. I'm not going to get settled in Hartford at all."

I like that. I like that alot. This guy shows heart and drive. Hopefully by mid-season he takes Simon's spot.

I'm glad Fedor is gonna be around for the year down in Hartford...it'll be nice to be able to keep a closer eye on him.
-and you're right. That's a great attitude to have and if someone doesn't work out hopefully he'll get a call back up.

Closed Thread