HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers roster announced tonight

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2005, 09:40 PM
  #1
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Rangers roster announced tonight

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/10/236694.html

New York Rangers
Blair Betts, F; Ryan Hollweg, F; Marcel Hossa, F; Jaromir Jagr, F; Darius Kasparaitis, D; Maxim Kondratiev, D; Jamie Lundmark, F; Henrik Lundqvist, G; Marek Malik, D; Dominic Moore, F; Michael Nylander, F; Jed Ortmeyer, F; Tom Poti, D; Petr Prucha, F; Dale Purinton, D; Michal Rozsival, D; Steve Rucchin, F; Martin Rucinsky, F; Martin Straka, F; Jason Strudwick, D; Fedor Tyutin, D; Jason Ward, F; Kevin Weekes, G.

Injury Reserve List: Ville Nieminen, F.
Hollweg-22
Hossa-24
Kondratiev-22
Lundmark-24
Lundqvist-23
Moore-25
Ortmeyer-27
Prucha-23
Rozsvial-27
Tyutin-22
Ward-26
Betts-25
12 of 23 roster spots go to players 27 and younger. With the Rangers having MANY young players in Hartford that could step in at any moment I'd say the rebuild is in full effect. I hope this puts to rest the MYTH that this team is not going with youth!


Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 10-04-2005 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
  #2
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,753
vCash: 500
Wow, so they did put Nieminen on the IR. Guess his injury isnt as minor as they tried to make it seem. Is there a minimum amount of time he has to be on it now?

Anyway, good to see Prucha and Drats on the big club.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 09:52 PM
  #3
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Thanks for the link.

BigE is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
  #4
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Wow, so they did put Nieminen on the IR. Guess his injury isnt as minor as they tried to make it seem. Is there a minimum amount of time he has to be on it now?

Anyway, good to see Prucha and Drats on the big club.
A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
  #5
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
7 day minimum per IR stay. It can be retroactive though; meaning from the time of the injury.

BigE is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 09:56 PM
  #6
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,985
vCash: 500
hmm, interesting move

then for that 7 days they can evaluate guys and decide who they might want to get rid of when nieminen returns

not a bad little trick...

Levitate is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:22 PM
  #7
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I hope this puts to rest the MYTH that this team is not going with youth!
Well for starters all the team's black aces will come from that list, so you may as well open by saying that nine of twenty players will be 27-or-younger. After that you can begin factoring in the amount and quality of ice time that these younger players are receiving.

Quite frankly if the 26-year-old Ward is taking minutes from Prucha, I don't call that "going with youth." Likewise the 27-year-old Rozsival with regard to Kondratiev.

To me at least, "going with youth" means something more than slapping a kid on your 23-man roster and/or having him "develop" on the 4th line getting five minutes a night while your career minor leaguer (even a 26-year old one like Ward) is getting more minutes and doing less with them.

dedalus is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
  #8
TheZherdev
Registered User
 
TheZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
is anyone brave enough to predict the lines?

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Lundmark
Prucha-Betts-Hossa
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Kondratiev-Poti
Malik-Rozsival

Weekes
Lundqvist


Strudwick
Ward

TheZherdev is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:29 PM
  #9
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Well for starters all the team's black aces will come from that list, so you may as well open by saying that nine of twenty players will be 27-or-younger. After that you can begin factoring in the amount and quality of ice time that these younger players are receiving.

Quite frankly if the 26-year-old Ward is taking minutes from Prucha, I don't call that "going with youth." Likewise the 27-year-old Rozsival with regard to Kondratiev.

To me at least, "going with youth" means something more than slapping a kid on your 23-man roster and/or having him "develop" on the 4th line getting five minutes a night while your career minor leaguer (even a 26-year old one like Ward) is getting more minutes and doing less with them.
how many players 27 and younger are on the roster? We won't know what kind of quality ice time these players will be receiving. Rozsvial looked pretty good the last two games i saw. Ward looked excellant in the games he played in. It would seem like prucha has earned some power play time. Joe Thornton started out his career on the 4th line and he has worked out ok.

Again its a myth this team isn't rebuilding started by the same people that hate every move the team makes.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:32 PM
  #10
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
is anyone brave enough to predict the lines?

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Lundmark
Prucha-Betts-Hossa
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Kondratiev-Poti
Malik-Rozsival

Weekes
Lundqvist


Strudwick
Ward
Ruchinsky Nylander Jagr
Prucha Straka Hossa
Moore Rucchin Lundmark
Ward Betts Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Kondratiev-Poti
Malik-Rozsival

I cut and pasted your defense because i agree with it.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
  #11
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
is anyone brave enough to predict the lines?

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Lundmark
Prucha-Betts-Hossa
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Kondratiev-Poti
Malik-Rozsival

Weekes
Lundqvist


Strudwick
Ward
Mine would look just like that.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
  #12
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
is anyone brave enough to predict the lines?

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Lundmark
Prucha-Betts-Hossa
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Kondratiev-Poti
Malik-Rozsival

Weekes
Lundqvist

Strudwick
Ward
Switch Lundmark with Hossa & possible Straka with Rucinsky and I think we are in business

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
  #13
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
I think there is NO way the Rangers start the season in Phlly without any kind of Enforcer.IMO ,Strudwick (right or wrong) will be in tomms line-up.

HAPPY HOUR is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 10:59 PM
  #14
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour
I think there is NO way the Rangers start the season in Phlly without any kind of Enforcer.IMO ,Strudwick (right or wrong) will be in tomms line-up.
I think I'm in the minority, but I feel that enforcers are over-rated.

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 11:08 PM
  #15
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Lundmark
Prucha-Betts-Hossa
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Kondratiev-Poti
Malik-Rozsival

Weekes
Lundqvist


Strudwick
Ward
I agree with the forwards except i'd swap Dom Moore and Betts. I'd swap Tyutin and 'Drats, with Poti and Tyutin as the first pair. I think Kasparitis would be a steady presence to counter Max's nerves. Poti and Max would be a mess. I think Tyutin has the confidence to play with someone suspect as Poti and not get too frustrated. That third pair has disaster written all over it.

Choice is offline  
Old
10-04-2005, 11:16 PM
  #16
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Straka-nylander-jagr
rucinsky-rucchin-hossa
prucha-lundmark-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-strudwick

kasper-tyutin
roszival-poti
kondratiev-malik

weekes-lundqvist

sc: moore, purinton, ward
ir Niemmen

rangers are gonna play players who will stand up for teamates and strudwick is that kind of player, its too bad niemmen is hurt cause he would be the kind of player we want to annoy the flyers in a game like this

Janerixon is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 01:07 AM
  #17
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
Straka-nylander-jagr
rucinsky-rucchin-hossa
prucha-lundmark-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-strudwick

kasper-tyutin
roszival-poti
kondratiev-malik

weekes-lundqvist

sc: moore, purinton, ward
ir Niemmen

rangers are gonna play players who will stand up for teamates and strudwick is that kind of player, its too bad niemmen is hurt cause he would be the kind of player we want to annoy the flyers in a game like this
Maybe we can get Hollweg to do that to Forsberg, remember PJ Stock did that to Lindros.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 08:40 AM
  #18
Maximus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Is it me but does Jaromir's name in our Ranger lineup that is adorned with mid-level and unproven talent at best, seem really really out of place...eh? I mean I'm hoping for the best for our boys and my heart says we can be competitive for a final playoff spot so long as Weeks has the kind of year Dunham had a few years ago when he came over and he stood on his head each and every night. But my head says this is going to be a long and frustrating year and that Jagr doesn't make it to Thanksgiving before he starts to whine, complain and make a nuisance of himself and a trade is worked out.

I dunno, guess I just see Jagr with all these mediocre guys in the lineup and it just doesn't compute to me that it will work out....we'll start seeing soon enough.

Maximus is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 09:20 AM
  #19
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
With the Rangers having MANY young players in Hartford that could step in at any moment I'd say the rebuild is in full effect. I hope this puts to rest the MYTH that this team is not going with youth!

With that MANY players in HFD that could "step in at any moment," why do we still see both Straka and Rucinsky? Malik and Rozsival? Rucchin and Nylander?? Why are there still so few in the top 6?

I don't totally dislike the vets I listed above, but the only myth here is that this "rebuild" is in full effect.

It's a start, and of course the roster can't be a bunch of 23 year old rookies, but Sather seems to have found a way to even make a rebuilding effort look half assed.

Davisian is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 09:41 AM
  #20
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Quite frankly if the 26-year-old Ward is taking minutes from Prucha, I don't call that "going with youth." Likewise the 27-year-old Rozsival with regard to Kondratiev.

To me at least, "going with youth" means something more than slapping a kid on your 23-man roster and/or having him "develop" on the 4th line getting five minutes a night while your career minor leaguer (even a 26-year old one like Ward) is getting more minutes and doing less with them.
Completely correct. Replacing broken down former superstars with 26-27 year old NHL bubble players & 34 year old Chezks is not rebuilding. Yes, this team is younger. But a rebuilding one? Far from it.
This team is not to be given leeway the same way that a rebuilding team is. Rebuilding teams frequently have young players playing somewhere else besided the 4th line. Oh, I know. We now have Hossa. One man's trash is another ones treasure (and I do not even mind the trade). We all know how Sather loves to uncover those hidden gems that all other teams missed. His sterling record proves it.

"I don't totally dislike the vets I listed above, but the only myth here is that this "rebuild" is in full effect."

Agreed, again D. Off course we will root for our team and there are some things to like, but to keep trumpeting this team as an example of the rebuild is far from true.

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 10:14 AM
  #21
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,080
vCash: 500
Actually, from a certain point of view you can say the rebuild is in full effect. The Rangers are just being patient and cautious about it. How many players in camp were NHL ready? I would say that maybe one guy that got sent down (Immonen) was ready to play in the NHL and even him I wasn't so sure about (he's got the talent and maturity but not the North American seasoning). He had a good camp, but that doesn't mean he's ready. Handling a rebuild in a way that only plugs the players into the lineup when they're ready for it and not before is one way of doing it and that seems to be the route Sather is taking here. My only complaint is having both Rosival and Poti both on the team because I thought Kondratiev was ready.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
  #22
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Actually, from a certain point of view you can say the rebuild is in full effect.
It is in effect if, like one of the publications (Either Newsday or the Post) called it, you are thinking of it as not a rebuilding team, but an expansion team. There are not really that many youngsters here. A younger colllection of cast-offs than in the prior year, yes.
If your view is that this year we have a bunch of veterans who will be moved just so that the young Hartford players can play next year, then there is a rebuild.

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 10:49 AM
  #23
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
If your view is that this year we have a bunch of veterans who will be moved just so that the young Hartford players can play next year, then there is a rebuild.
I do view it that way. Half of the current top 6 will be gone after this season, and another piece after next. Do I believe Sather won't sign anyone to play the top 6 next season? No, I don't. But let's say Rucinsky, Rucchin and Straka all go and Sather only replaces one of them with a free agent. That's not a bad thing. My view is that the Rangers didn't have enough NHL ready players to fill their roster this year and in that sense I'd rather see Jessiman, Dawes, Immonen etc in Hartford because I believe it is better for their development. Gotta thaw the meat before you toss it on the grill.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 10:57 AM
  #24
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
I think I'm in the minority, but I feel that enforcers are over-rated.
I think they are a little but you still need a guy to go out and protect your players every night.

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
10-05-2005, 11:02 AM
  #25
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
It is in effect if, like one of the publications (Either Newsday or the Post) called it, you are thinking of it as not a rebuilding team, but an expansion team. There are not really that many youngsters here. A younger colllection of cast-offs than in the prior year, yes.
If your view is that this year we have a bunch of veterans who will be moved just so that the young Hartford players can play next year, then there is a rebuild.

I agree with this point.....we do have young guys who will be playing the lower 6 on the team,but a couple a veterans one year contracts will expire creating more room for the young guys who earned it the season before......you cant call this rebuild thing a total failure yet.....if they came back next year with the top 6 being all 34 year olds then you have a problem.....but we will have to wait and see.

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.