Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Tiki

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
translation help (part 2)

Hello,

Some Isles fans were wondering if you could help us out with the article on Sean Bergenheim at http://www.jokerit.com

Its the second article down.

Thanks,

Tiki

Old
10-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Flonaldo

Bergenheim stayed up so that means he isn't coming to play for Jokerit. Jokerit are looking for a replacement and Mr. X should be in the lineup in two weeks time.

Old
10-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
I am still not sure if Sean did the right decision by going over early considering he would've had a big role this season, including alternate captain duties if I understood it right (I think Valtonen has taken over his position right now, but when the replacement is found, Valtonen might have to go down to a lower line).

Old
10-08-2003, 02:40 AM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattihp
I think Valtonen has taken over his position right now, but when the replacement is found, Valtonen might have to go down to a lower line.
IMO that won't happen. Jokerit first line has played well together so why break it? I can't think a good reason for that.

Old
10-08-2003, 02:46 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
IMO that won't happen. Jokerit first line has played well together so why break it? I can't think a good reason for that.
Personally I think Tomek is on a major hot streak. He is not made to be a top 6 forward while he is a good bottom six forward. I believe that the forward they will aquire will be a top six winger who competes with Tomek for duty on that line.

Old
10-08-2003, 03:13 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
The talk around the Isles fans is that the deal says he can be sent back after the start of the season if things do not work out. Any idea if this is true or not. I would rather he get first line time at home than be a fourth liner/ PK here as well.

Thanks again for the info!

Tiki

Old
10-08-2003, 05:10 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattihp
Personally I think Tomek is on a major hot streak. He is not made to be a top 6 forward while he is a good bottom six forward. I believe that the forward they will aquire will be a top six winger who competes with Tomek for duty on that line.
The new forward, who will probably be introduced after 14.10., will most likely play on the "first" line alongside Pakaslahti and Vertala/Turunen. Turunen was benched in yesterdays game so he could be on his way out. There's no sense in breaking up the only line producing on a regular basis.

Old
10-08-2003, 05:21 AM
Flonaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
The talk around the Isles fans is that the deal says he can be sent back after the start of the season if things do not work out. Any idea if this is true or not. I would rather he get first line time at home than be a fourth liner/ PK here as well.
I'm sure he could be sent back at any time. The thing is though that Jokerit can't wait that long. They're going to hire someone to take Sean's place and they're going to do it pretty soon.

Closed Thread