HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What a bad deal Sather got for Devries

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

vCash: 500
What a bad deal Sather got for Devries

I'm surprised he couldn't even get a draft pick of some sort. He got a kozak and a 2nd for malakov and basically got nothing for devries.

I think he really really wanted to just make deals with all canadian teams.....

Does anyone else feel this way too?

Aug. 23 The Senators shipped Greg DeVries (D) Atl to the Thrashers as a part of Tuesday's blockbuster trade that saw Marian Hossa land in Atlanta and Dany Heatley wind up in Ottawa, according to TSN.ca. DeVries will provide a steady stay-at-home defender to the Thrashers' defense corps.

Mar. 9 The Rangers continued cleaning house by sending Greg DeVries (D) Atl to the Senators today for Karel Rachunek and prospect Alexandre Giroux, according to TSN.ca.

Old
10-04-2005, 11:54 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I loved Rachunek in Ottawa, it just didn't work out for him in New York. He's still a young guy, but I guess he just didn't like NY. It's a shame everyone judged him on his 15 games or so with the Rangers because he really was a solid defenseman with great potential on the Sens.

Old
10-04-2005, 11:54 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight
I'm surprised he couldn't even get a draft pick of some sort. He got a kozak and a 2nd for malakov and basically got nothing for devries.

I think he really really wanted to just make deals with all canadian teams.....

Aug. 23 The Senators shipped Greg DeVries (D) Atl to the Thrashers as a part of Tuesday's blockbuster trade that saw Marian Hossa land in Atlanta and Dany Heatley wind up in Ottawa, according to TSN.ca. DeVries will provide a steady stay-at-home defender to the Thrashers' defense corps.

Mar. 9 The Rangers continued cleaning house by sending Greg DeVries (D) Atl to the Senators today for Karel Rachunek and prospect Alexandre Giroux, according to TSN.ca.
Can't judge the trade till we know what we get for Rachunek. I was dissapointed to see that Giroux didn't step up in training camp. I watched him alot at Hartford and while he has good hands, his skating is not at the top three line potential IMO.

Old
10-04-2005, 11:55 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Rachunek, Poti,Lundmark for Boynton -- count it

I wish

Old
10-04-2005, 11:55 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
would have been a good trade had rachunek decided to stay with the rangers, which sather could not have known when he made that trade

Old
10-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
If Rachunek wasn't a baby, this wouldn't even be an issue. And Rozsival wouldn't be here.

In any event, Giroux has scored at the AHL level and had a great preseason. The only thing left for him is to try to prove he can make it up with the big club.

Old
10-05-2005, 12:18 AM
bert

After watching Rachunek and Devries in Ottawa. Rachunek is the superior player, to bad he is being a baby and didnt sign back with your Rangers. I think if you guys saw Rachunek more you would appreciate him alot more. He is about 7 years younger cheaper and more mobile.

Old
10-05-2005, 12:48 AM
xander

I would have prefered a pick, but it's not really fair to bash this trade after the fact. No one knew that Rachunek wasn't going to come back. This kind of stuff just happens sometime. And I'm just not enough of a conspiracy theorist to buy the canadian team idea.

Old
10-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Mr. Lack

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
I would have prefered a pick, but it's not really fair to bash this trade after the fact. No one knew that Rachunek wasn't going to come back. This kind of stuff just happens sometime. And I'm just not enough of a conspiracy theorist to buy the canadian team idea.
I think for the money we gave Devries we were lucky to get back what we did. Rachunek may still fetch a pretty decent return in a trade.

Can Rachunek play in the NHL this year or is he signed/lockin in with a Euro team?

Closed Thread