HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Analysis of our D tonight

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Garp

vCash: 500
Your Analysis of our D tonight

Bouillon : You can bash him like you want, but he was clearly our best D. Made great plays and few mistakes. He gave his 110% and blocked some shots. He saved a goal on McEachern

Komi: Was steady. Made few mistakes and gave good checks. Didn't seemed too slow out there. Handled the big guys really well. Had two or three good shots, but they went wide. I'd like to see him hit the net.

Dandenault: Played good. I liked how he played against the thornton line. Wasn't overly offensive, but was great in his own end.

Markov: Was ok. Made a couple of mistakes and I thought he was trying to hard. Made long and hard pass that were intercepted. Played good in his own end, but that'sit. Anyway, it's only the first game.

Rivest: Thought he was bad. Didn't made good pass and seemed sometimes slow. Was always 2nd on the puck and made a lot of mistakes in his own end. Didn't use enough his body.

Souray: BAD!! That was terrible. Made a lot of mistakes and got cut two or three times. He gave away the puck at least 10 times and was slow. He has a deadly shot tho.

P.S. I didn't put this in the GDT because it's hard to find exactly what your looking for in these kind of threads.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:10 PM
deandebean

I loved Komisarek. If he had leveled Axelson, the game would have gained more spirit. He was looking more and more like the Komi we saw in films from his College years.

He made some strong outlet passes. And I loved the way he contained the boards.

The guy's going to be our best d-guy.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp
Bouillon : You can bash him like you want, but he was clearly our best D. Made great plays and few mistakes. He gave his 110% and blocked some shots. He saved a goal on McKacairns(????).

Komi: Was steady. Made few mistakes and gave good checks. Didn't seemed too slow out there. Handled the big guys really well. Had two or three good shots, but they went wide. I'd like to see him hit the net.

Dandenault: Played good. I liked how he played against the thornton line. Wasn't overly offensive, but was great in his own end.

Markov: Was ok. Made a couple of mistakes and I thought he was trying to hard. Made long and hard pass that were intercepted. Played good in his own end, but that'sit. Anyway, it's only the first game.

Rivest: Thought he was bad. Didn't made good pass and seemed sometimes slow. Was always 2nd on the puck and made a lot of mistakes in his own end. Didn't use enough his body.

Souray: BAD!! That was terrible. Made a lot of mistakes and got cut two or three times. He gave away the puck at least 10 times and was slow. He has a deadly shot tho.

P.S. I didn't put this in the GDT because it's hard to find exactly what your looking for in these kind of threads.
we saw the same game!!

I agree on pretty much everything!

Old
x-bob

I would rank them like this for today

Bouillon
Dandenault
Komisarek
MArkov
Rivet (tough he wasn't that bad)
Souray (horrible...almost invisible)

Old
MontrealCruiser_83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I loved Komisarek. If he had leveled Axelson, the game would have gained more spirit. He was looking more and more like the Komi we saw in films from his College years.

He made some strong outlet passes. And I loved the way he contained the boards.

The guy's going to be our best d-guy.
My friends and I all started to stand up when we saw him line Axelsson up... that would of been nasty.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:15 PM
#44_delivers

i liked komi i liked dandy i raelly liked cubes performance tonight, souray and markov were way off there usual game.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:18 PM
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
I would rank them like this for today

Bouillon
Dandenault
Komisarek
MArkov
Rivet (tough he wasn't that bad)
Souray (horrible...almost invisible)
i agree... bouillon played soooo well, komi did great also, he seemed to have more ''confiance'' (confidence ? confident ? spl ? )

Dandenault was better than i expected... but im not sure if i wouldn't put komisarek 2nd before him in my ranking from what i've seen tonight... pretty much a tie

Old
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Rivet was very good. Best D after Bouillon. C'mon it's not because he's overpaid that he can't be fairly good.

Komi...played good in third period, somewhat shaky sometimes. Hitting Axelsson would have give him a crazy but still, was physical nonetheless.

Souray...ouch, ouch, ouch. Terrible, clumsy, slow, always late.

Markov, same old, show flashes of what he can do.

Dandenault, good, safe, effective, hitting is not his game but still take his man out. Really liked him. I'm comfortable with it.

Big big big koudos to Bouillon. Was the best. I don't understand all the bashing he's getting here. We gotta get over is small size and appreciate his work. He hit Thornton hard once.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:20 PM
MasterD

I thought Bouillon played great, but honestly I thought Dandenault played even better, only less physical.

Komi was steady, nothing special IMO

Rivet just didnt stand out, i dont remember anything worth mentioning

Markov was good on the D side, but offensively he seemed lost, which is weird for him. I hoped all game long to see one of his slap shots, had many opportunities but would do passes to anyone... dunno why

Souray made some CRAZY HUGE mistakes, especially in the first... some nasty turnovers in our zone. At least he was able to hit a few guys

Old
10-05-2005, 09:32 PM
superstar436

can someone describe me what happened between him and axelsson

Old
10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem
can someone describe me what happened between him and axelsson
Komi was gonna kill Axelsson with a HUGE hit on the boards in the middle zone, but Axelsson let himself fall to the ice to avoid it

Old
10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
jester099

Bouillon is probably the most underrated player of the NHL on this board and in the NHL.

I don't care what any of you guys say... he's small, but he stands his own against bigger guys. He hits pretty well guys that try to get past him near the board.

Doesn't turn the puck over in his zone.

Intelligent player.

He's a solid D. If he wasn't so small, everybody would call him a dependable #3 D. He doesn't even play small, but because of his size, people call him a 7th D...

Old
10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

The only guy of ours that looked really bad tonight on D was Souray. The rest were average to good. I thought Bouillon and Komisarek were the best. But Sheldon, man, give your head a shake. That looks like last playoffs' Souray, which scares me. Hope he picks it up as the season progresses. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Bouillon : You can bash him like you want, but he was clearly our best D. Made great plays and few mistakes. He gave his 110% and blocked some shots. He saved a goal on McEachern

I agree on almost everything, but not entierly on Markov. Strangely, he had a bad game on the offensive side. But in our territory, he was everybite as good as Bouillon, just less flashy in his plays.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:53 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
I thought no one stood out much. All were decent, other than Souray and his bad give aways...

Old
10-05-2005, 09:57 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

Bouillion
Dandy
Rivet/Komi/Markov
Souray

Old
10-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
contained boston well.. although our entire team was soo sloppy, it wont be as sloppy tomorrow against a smaller NYR. and MARCEL HOOOOOOSSSAAAA

Old
10-05-2005, 10:14 PM
LyleOdelein

Am I the only one who thought Rivet looked terrible tonight. He was backing up WAY too much whenever Boston was breaking into the zone. On one rush, he was at the hash marks as the player was gaining the zone. Way too passive for a slower player. I know he'll pick it up though, he's a gamer.

Souray also disappointed me, but he did get a couple redemption points for keeping the puck in the zone and getting it in the slot on the last goal.

On the bright side, Cube and Dandenault looked great to me. They were both rocksteady.

Old
10-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Habsurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester099
Bouillon is probably the most underrated player of the NHL on this board and in the NHL.

I don't care what any of you guys say... he's small, but he stands his own against bigger guys. He hits pretty well guys that try to get past him near the board.

Doesn't turn the puck over in his zone.

Intelligent player.

He's a solid D. If he wasn't so small, everybody would call him a dependable #3 D. He doesn't even play small, but because of his size, people call him a 7th D...

AMEN to that. Iwas just gonna post same: Bouillon is by far the most Underrated player on the Habs certainly. I thought he was the best D by far for us tonight , hence star#1 . He's one of our most Consistent + Dependable D.

Kom got better later in the game.....Markov was shaky + seemed lost (some else said tha t too)....Dand.....was OK......Rivet, didn't notice him really......Souray...he'll have a much better game in NY + TO I expect.

Old
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I thought Rivet was very effective tonight.

Old
10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Habsurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
I thought no one stood out much. All were decent, other than Souray and his bad give aways...

How could you not notice Bouillon ??!! He didn't get star #1 for sitting on the bench. He prob had the most minutes of all the habs D tonight !

Last edited by Habsurd: 10-05-2005 at 11:26 PM. Reason: not that I always agree on the star selection by any means.
Old
10-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
I thought Rivet was very effective tonight.
So did I, I thought he played his type of game and didn't try to do to much. He effectively took out his man and didn't take any penalties doing it.

Old
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
SuperUnknown

I was pleasantly surprised by Dandenault's game tonight. He played a physical game, something he doesn't have the reputation to do.

Old
10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:

Completely agree on all points, although I don't think Rivet was that bad, he was just below average.

As someone pointed out, I was very surprised and pleased with Dandenault's physical play. Awesome to see.

Old
10-06-2005, 12:04 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsurd
How could you not notice Bouillon ??!! He didn't get star #1 for sitting on the bench. He prob had the most minutes of all the habs D tonight !
Her wasn't a star and played the 5th most (outta 6..).

Closed Thread