Notices

Final Cuts.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Final Cuts.....

Just heard on the radio that Dome, Wallin and Green were cut.....Dome I think really deserved a shot, and if it wasn't for Lowry, I bet he would have made the team.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Super-Rye

Dome needs to work on a few things. He needs to work on his play without the puck, and work on the play in his own end before he can be an NHLer. All but mabey 1 game we was invisable until he popped a goal in, or assisted to one. I agree with the cuts made, they all passed waivers so we keep them all, but we'll probably trade a Defensman soon.

Old
10-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Krahn is still up? Does this mean they are dumping McLennan?

Old
10-07-2003, 01:49 PM
GoGoHuselius

Send a message via ICQ to GoGoHuselius
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_IN_LV
Krahn is still up? Does this mean they are dumping McLennan?
krahn was 'designated for assignment.' not sure where exactly that means he'll end up, but it doesn't appear to be calgary.

Old
10-07-2003, 03:27 PM
lindros88

vCash:
its also on the flames http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin...0000000926site

Old
10-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Cracka

Where's Saprykin Fan these days? I'm curious what he has to say about Josh (20 goal) Green getting sent down.

Old
10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
On Krahn, I heard Sutter say they are going to check out his knee(a scope i assume) before they decide on what to do with him....

Old
10-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Stifler

Disappointed that Lowry makes the team over Green or Dome. I thought Green would be a 4th liner with Betts and Oliwa.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:28 PM
ForeignFlame

Disappointed Dome didn't make the cut. Hope he gets a chance at some point.

Why do you think Sutter went with 8 defensemen? I'm wondering whether one of them might be traded in a deal for a backup goalie.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:06 AM
MaLockFan

Ran a quick history on the latest cuts and it looks like the Flames are sending some decent talent to the Monsters.

We actually had Josh Green in Lowell when he was part of the Islanders organization.

We were hoping for Kobasew but he earned that spot.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:26 AM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignFlame
Disappointed Dome didn't make the cut. Hope he gets a chance at some point.

Why do you think Sutter went with 8 defensemen? I'm wondering whether one of them might be traded in a deal for a backup goalie.
To make sure they have enough if Regehr can't go would be my guess.

Old
10-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignFlame
So that we didn't lose Montador or Commodore on waivers. Both will be career NHLers and both probably have decent value. Interesting to see how long we go for that.

Tends to indicate one of the defencemen might be involved in a deal. Perhaps for a backup goalie? SJ currently is carrying 3 on their roster because they don't want to lose Toskala or Kiprusoff on waivers.

Personally if we deal a defensemen I'd deal Montador or Gauthier.

Old
10-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLockFan
Ran a quick history on the latest cuts and it looks like the Flames are sending some decent talent to the Monsters.

We actually had Josh Green in Lowell when he was part of the Islanders organization.

We were hoping for Kobasew but he earned that spot.
Yes we have sent some good talent there. And Lombardi will probably be headed down once Reinprecht is healthy. That makes 6 guys (Lombardi, Dome, Morgan, Davidsson, Green and Wallin) that I wouldn't be horrified to see us use as injury replacements. All bubble NHLers. You guys should have a good team, keep us updated.

Old
10-08-2003, 10:26 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

I think it was pretty evident from the start the Lowry was not going to have much difficulty making the team. I don't think he's going to hurt the team, but his spot on the roster could have gone to someone more deserving, like Dome. However, I would be shocked not to see Dome up with the big club at some point this season. I think with the pre-season he had, even though he was sent down, will result in him lighting it up with Lowell.

As for the extra d-man problem, as FDW said, Sutter obviously didn't want to lose either Commodore or Montador on waivers. Maybe a minor deal is in the works. I would not be opposed to acquiring Kiprusoff or Toskala. I think both have great upside, and would be an upgrade over McLennan.....

Old
10-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
So that we didn't lose Montador or Commodore on waivers. Both will be career NHLers and both probably have decent value. Interesting to see how long we go for that.

Tends to indicate one of the defencemen might be involved in a deal. Perhaps for a backup goalie? SJ currently is carrying 3 on their roster because they don't want to lose Toskala or Kiprusoff on waivers.

Personally if we deal a defensemen I'd deal Montador or Gauthier.
Trade Gauthier for a back-up? He has more value than that! Montador and maybe a pick should be enough to fetch Kiprusoff but Gauthier is in another league value wise.

Old
10-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_IN_LV
Trade Gauthier for a back-up? He has more value than that! Montador and maybe a pick should be enough to fetch Kiprusoff but Gauthier is in another league value wise.
No where in there did I suggest trading Gauthier for a backup. I could see how you might follow the logic and think I was implying that but it was more like...

We might trade a d-man
If we do I'd deal Monty or Gauthier
We might trade a d-man in a deal for a backup goalie.

Closed Thread