HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yet ANOTHER Center Ice Question

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2005, 09:37 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Yet ANOTHER Center Ice Question

ok, hopefully this will be the last Center Ice question out of me, here goes.

I got my Dish set up yesterday, and the man told me that it would take 24 hours for CI to be activated. He said that it may take a little longer, may come a little faster than 24 hours.

My quesitons are: How long did it take for yours to be activated? and how will I know when it is ready to go?

Right now there is just a black screen that says DISH Network. Earlier it just said "off air"

Lastly, does CI show anything else like NHL Coolshots, or preview/wrap-up shows? or does it simply stay blank all day until game time?

Thanks for the patience and the answers. Im ready to dive into hockey, follow the Pred, and scout other teams.

Old
10-05-2005, 09:51 AM
NH_Predsfan

vCash: 500
I get Center Ice off of Comcast, so I can't tell you about how it works on the DISH network. It gets activated almost instantly on digital cable. Then again, I ordered it weeks ago, so I'm not too worried. Of course, if I turn on the game tonight and it's not working, Comcast will be able to hear my screams from Concord, New Hampshire.

In past years, it has broadcast cool shots. I've never noticed much in the way of other shows....other than some NHL promotional material. I think once I saw an NHL produced season preview, but I could be imagining that.

About the best I usually get is the CBC stuff. Hockey Night in Canada is the best, and they usually broadcast that in its entirety. Depending on when they cut-in, or what the schedule was like, you can usually catch some decent pregame stuff on that.

Old
10-05-2005, 12:11 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
thanks, much appreciated.

When I went home for lunch to check it, it seemed like it was setup for a free preview anyway. So I should be able to see the game tonight regardless.

Old
10-05-2005, 12:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Free preview until the 12th.

Old
10-05-2005, 05:28 PM
pred33fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Predsfan
I get Center Ice off of Comcast, so I can't tell you about how it works on the DISH network. It gets activated almost instantly on digital cable. Then again, I ordered it weeks ago, so I'm not too worried. Of course, if I turn on the game tonight and it's not working, Comcast will be able to hear my screams from Concord, New Hampshire.
Hahaha. That sounds EXACTLY like what I said about Time Warner here in Cincy!

Old
10-05-2005, 06:25 PM
NH_Predsfan

The good news is....it appears to be working. I'm able to pick up two games right now on CI (but not the Boston game...apparently living in New Hampshire is a little too close to Beantown, so I get the blackout.) But that's okay. There's only one game tonight I really care about.

Old
10-05-2005, 06:37 PM
pred33fan

I'm going between all the games already on. As soon as the preds take the ice I'll only care about ONE game.

Closed Thread