HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When do you think Higgins/Plekanec will move into a top 3 line?

View Poll Results: When do you think Higgins/Plekanec will move into a top 3 line?
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT! 2 18.18%
1 week 2 18.18%
1 month 2 18.18%
3 months 5 45.45%
Not this year 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2005, 05:08 PM
slick_adonis

vCash:
When do you think Higgins/Plekanec will move into a top 3 line?

Just for fun, I was wondering if and when most of you think Higgins and/or Plekanec might get a chance to play substantial minutes on one of our top 3 lines (barring any major injuries).

It's still early obviously, but I'm 100% convinced we're wasting their time and talent by having them on the fourth line...these two kids are for real, and could help make the Habs even more competitive if either of them got a chance to contribute on one of our top 3 lines.

Another way to look at this question: how long before Dagenais or Sundstrom loses their spot? I'm sorry, but I just feel as though both Higgins and Plekanec could make our second and third lines better than Dags or Sunny. A lot of naysayers will say that Higgins and Plekanec don't have experience yet (I happen to think they're plenty mature)...but I'd rather guys with no experience than guys who have proven their limitations. I'm guessing Julien will feel ready to give either of them that responsibility soon enough...I'll give it a month.

Last edited by slick_adonis: 10-06-2005 at 05:14 PM.

Old
10-06-2005, 05:37 PM
V-2 Schneider

vCash: 500
There's no need to move them around.Some may recall a high energy, and effective, 4th line of McPhee,Skrudland, and Lemieux.Some nights, they got more icetime than Bobby Smith's line.This line now can be used as a sub when one line is flagging, and it gives us a balanced attack.As each player gets stronger, they can be moved up and slotted into another spot,but that will come from attrition within.

We have fast,skilled and very young forwards on our plumbers line, and let's give them a chance to get used to the NHL and what they have to do to stay with the big club.

Closed Thread