HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For those who consider that Dagenais>Hossa

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2005, 06:30 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
For those who consider that Dagenais>Hossa

Burn!

Old
10-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Namso

who did?

Old
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
MissCanuck

*sigh*
Ohhh Dagenais...

In all honesty, I'm still PO'd we lost freaking Hossa.

Old
10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever
Burn!
Lol @ fans wanting to rant the first second they can.

It's one game. Talk to me in 20 when Hossa has disappeared. Then again, he'll actually play on the 2nd line in NY while as he wouldn't have been a 2nd line player in Montreal with all the kids coming up. Maybe someday people will learn to realize this.

Old
10-06-2005, 06:46 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77

It's one game. Talk to me in 20 when Hossa has disappeared. Then again, he'll actually play on the 2nd line in NY while as he wouldn't have been a 2nd line player in Montreal with all the kids coming up. Maybe someday people will learn to realize this.

Dagenais so far: Dont produce,Always show the same freakin shootout move ( the slide to the right while skating from behind...he did it...THREE time...), take stupid penalty,have his nuts in love with the puck .

Hossa:Score 2 goals...

Habs choose Dagenais instead of Hossa because they think( yeah they think) that he will slow down.

What are you going to say if, after 25 games, he got 12 goals?Id say BG didnt do his job properly.

Old
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Dagenais so far: Dont produce,Always show the same freakin shootout move ( the slide to the right while skating from behind...he did it...THREE time...), take stupid penalty,have his nuts in love with the puck .

Habs choose Dagenais instead of Hossa because they think( yeah they think) that he will slow down.

What are you going to say if, after 25 games, he got 12 goals?Id say BG didnt do his job properly.

It's not Bob Gainey's fault Hossa got moved, at least not entirely. I blame the French media they constantly put preasure on the organization to play as many Fench Canadiens as possible. Hossa derserved the second line spot over Dagenais by far! Let's put it this way if Dagenais name was White instead of Dagenais he wouldn't even be onthis team and the french media would ahve his head every time he made a mistake. Which by the way is every time he touches the puck.....Perezhogin already deserve his spot ahead of Dagenais once Zednik returns!

Old
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Dagenais wasn't chosen over Hossa. Higgins, Perezhogin and Plekanec were. Can't say they were wrong.

Old
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:

I'd say that NY has such a weak team that he's going to play more minutes than if he were in Montreal which would explain his production.

Dagenais is cheaper, and is probably on a 1 year leash. He may be one dimensional but he's a goal scorer and Montreal hasn't had many of those. If he doesn't produce, he has a ton of young, hungry players behind him itching to take his spot.

I'd say BG does his job better than you at being GM. But what do I know, right?

Old
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlancRouge
It's not Bob Gainey's fault Hossa got moved, at least not entirely. I blame the French media they constantly put preasure on the organization to play as many Fench Canadiens as possible. Hossa derserved the second line spot over Dagenais by far! Let's put it this way if Dagenais name was White instead of Dagenais he wouldn't even be onthis team and the french media would ahve his head every time he made a mistake. Which by the way is every time he touches the puck.....Perezhogin already deserve his spot ahead of Dagenais once Zednik returns!
Yeah, we all know how the Montreal media loves French names. Brisebois, Racicot, Lebeau..

Give me a real excuse next time.

Give me a break. I'm sure Gainey chooses his players and not the media (or the fans).

Have mercy on our team if this changes in the future.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Quiet Robert

We needed this thread

Give it a rest...Dagenais sucks *** and shouldn't have a spot, we've been saying that for over a year now.

Hossa, has played well in 2 games, that's it. He's shown so far in his career he can't carry this kind of play over 10 consecutive games. Let's wait and see.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Burn!
Don't take it as a personal attack, CHfan4ever, but you're slowly becoming the king of useless and repetitive threads on this board. That post should have been on the game thread.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
We needed this thread

Give it a rest...Dagenais sucks *** and shouldn't have a spot, we've been saying that for over a year now.

Hossa, has played well in 2 games, that's it. He's shown so far in his career he can't carry this kind of play over 10 consecutive games. Let's wait and see.
Hossa has shown more in two games then Dagenais has shown in his whole carrer. Dagenais is avg at best on offence given his lack of skill speed and unwillingness to use his size and let's not even talk about his defensive play.......

Old
10-06-2005, 07:11 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Yeah, we all know how the Montreal media loves French names. Brisebois, Racicot, Lebeau..

Give me a real excuse next time.

Give me a break. I'm sure Gainey chooses his players and not the media (or the fans).

Have mercy on our team if this changes in the future.
Your examples are horrible especially that one of the overpaid Brisebois........What did he ever do to get the type of money he got in Montreal. He never would have received that money any where else.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
phil

Quote:

so true

Old
10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Dagenais wasn't chosen over Hossa. Higgins, Perezhogin and Plekanec were. Can't say they were wrong.

Why couldn't Hossa play on line instead of Dagenais?????????
Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa and Plekanec all deserved spots ahead of Dagenais!

Old
10-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:

You're kinda right except.....Dagenais already disappeared.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Habsaku

I'm gonna say it once, people, stop *****ing like children. I havent even noticed Hossa yet. He got a garbage goal and then a great feed. Exactly the same scenario thats been happening to him since he's been in the NHL. Dagenais is terrible, but he wasnt in contention with Hossa. Just look at Perezhogin play, theres real talent, theres a real first line player. The guy is a younger version of Saku Koivu, but with less strength.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
That's why we have a grand total of...........7 French players out of 23. Talk about pressure... Pittsburgh have as many french players as we do. That freakin' pressure in Pittsburgh is too much, you know those French media in Pittsburgh....

Old
10-06-2005, 07:31 PM
LastChancePrice

OF COURSE Plekanec,Higgins and Perezhogin deserve a spot with the organisation before Hossa, but your going to tell me that Dagenais deserve more the spot of the second line winger than Hossa?

Dont tell me Hossa cost more ( 585k for Hossa compare to 550k for Dagenais ).No Dagenais is in the team, because Ribeiro like him and want him on his side.And YEAH he speak french.

BG trade him because he was scare he become the Hossa who play a good camp and then slow down after.He is 6'5 and he think he can use his side to help the team.But guess what? So far in 2 games, he just take stupid penalties...

Gimme a break, who would have claim Dagenais off waivers???Ohhh wait.Pierre Lacroix

No we @#$%^&^ trade Hossa for a jack strap and two Whoppers.

No i have to admit it, i never been a fan of Dagenais.I think he is a useless 6'5 big player who remind me of Kilger.And the only thing he show during pre-season his the same freaking shootout move THREE time.Talk about creativity...

I dont know if Dagenais is giving some sexual favor to Mr.Gillett to stay in the team like this,but god dammit he for sure doesnt deserve a spot on a SECOND LINE.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Chipchura
Don't take it as a personal attack, CHfan4ever, but you're slowly becoming the king of useless and repetitive threads on this board. That post should have been on the game thread.
game thread?

Useless thread?Why this thread should be useless?For god sake i dont have the right to say that BG did a bad decision by waiving Hossa before Dagenais?Christ Dagenais is playing like a <insert bad blaspheme word here>.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
game thread?

Useless thread?Why this thread should be useless?For god sake i dont have the right to say that BG did a bad decision by waiving Hossa before Dagenais?Christ Dagenais is playing like a <insert bad blaspheme word here>.
He just meant that there's no need to start another thread on this issue. It's been beaten to death.

Admittedly, as the 13/14th forward, (if you count Ivanans as no.13) Hossa would probably be better than Dagenais. However, it's a moot point. Dagenais should be in the pressbox, but Higgins, Perez and Pleks are ahead of both Dagenais and Hossa. So really you're just arguing about who should be reserve forwards.

Old
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
He just meant that there's no need to start another thread on this issue. It's been beaten to death.

Admittedly, as the 13/14th forward, (if you count Ivanans as no.13) Hossa would probably be better than Dagenais. However, it's a moot point. Dagenais should be in the pressbox, but Higgins, Perez and Pleks are ahead of both Dagenais and Hossa. So really you're just arguing about who should be reserve forwards.

I dont consider Hossa a reserve forward.He deserve a shot full time with the team.

Yeah we wont start back thread like this over and over, but im soo pissed off to see Dag play like crap and see Hossa score 2 goals in 2 days...

Old
10-06-2005, 07:58 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
OF COURSE Plekanec,Higgins and Perezhogin deserve a spot with the organisation before Hossa, but your going to tell me that Dagenais deserve more the spot of the second line winger than Hossa?

Dont tell me Hossa cost more ( 585k for Hossa compare to 550k for Dagenais ).No Dagenais is in the team, because Ribeiro like him and want him on his side.And YEAH he speak french.

BG trade him because he was scare he become the Hossa who play a good camp and then slow down after.He is 6'5 and he think he can use his side to help the team.But guess what? So far in 2 games, he just take stupid penalties...

Gimme a break, who would have claim Dagenais off waivers???Ohhh wait.Pierre Lacroix

No we @#$%^&^ trade Hossa for a jack strap and two Whoppers.

No i have to admit it, i never been a fan of Dagenais.I think he is a useless 6'5 big player who remind me of Kilger.And the only thing he show during pre-season his the same freaking shootout move THREE time.Talk about creativity...

I dont know if Dagenais is giving some sexual favor to Mr.Gillett to stay in the team like this,but god dammit he for sure doesnt deserve a spot on a SECOND LINE.
Dagenais had his spot before training camp and didn't do bad. We couldn't have started the season with 7 rookies and Dagenais, though I hate him, is a proven scorer in this league. A marginal player, but a scorer still, like Chow.

His spot on the second line won't be his for long and Higgins, Plekanec, Perez or Higgins wll have it before long. Sitting Hossa in the stands for most of the season would have been useless and they wanted to have a tough guy. Dagenais won't complain too much when he gets to watch from the stands IMO, and it's not as if we're wasting him as he sucks anyway.

Old
10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
I dont consider Hossa a reserve forward.He deserve a shot full time with the team.

Yeah we wont start back thread like this over and over, but im soo pissed off to see Dag play like crap and see Hossa score 2 goals in 2 days...
I agree with you, it is frustrating to see Dagenais play, especially last night when Perezhogin was benched in favour of him. I can sort of understand management wanting to give him a shot though, because as crappy as he is, he does have a great natural goal scoring ability, and that is the most important aspect of the game.

With that being said, he sucks, plain and simple. He can't skate, hit, pass, play defence etc...so he really doesn't deserve a full-time job so far. However, I really think Hossa would have been our 13th forward. Maybe on the 3rd line instead of Sundstrom, but Sundstrom is a better PKer than Hossa. In terms of our young guys though, he is behind Pleks, Higgins and Perez, all of whom should have roster spots ahead of Hossa/Dagenais.

Again, this has been discussed many, many times, but Hossa got his shot, we tried him out for 4 years. Obviously there was something in his game that management didn't like, or that he didn't improve. 2 good games in NY doesn't tell me he's going to have a great career. We'll see though. I wish him luck in his career and I hope our other guys will continue on their progression. As it stands, though I don't think Dagenais deserves a spot but I don't think Hossa should have gotten one either.

Old
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
degen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Interesting. Since when did Dags have a guaranteed roster spot?

Closed Thread