HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

F. Fedorov to Rangers for Balej and Conditional Pick

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2005, 08:25 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Is Nik Antropov much of anything? I don't think I'd make that trade.

Really what I think we need to do is clear the decks a little. A trade of Lundmark and Poti for draft picks and black aces would make room on the roster for the young players who really need to be playing (Prucha, Kondratiev).
Depends on what we got back for Lundmark but yes I agree. And on Fedorov and his off ice habits---talent is one thing but this is a team game. We don't need him to be a distraction nor do we need him complaining that he's not being treated right the first or even second time something doesn't go his way.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:45 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

The 5th rounder going to the nucks doesn't make sense to me. Both players have similiar value but we had the advantage cause the nucks were in a situation where they wanted to part with Fedor. You would guess that they initiated communication for the deal and at the same time they are the ones who came away with the extra pick.

I don't know too much about Fedor but you can't be thrilled with what you hear about his attitude.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
I'd take Ehroff or Gorges in return
Ehrhoff has Poti written all over him to me. Gorges on the hand, would be a perfect fit for this team IMO. Dont think SJ is gonna part with him that easy

Old
10-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
The 5th rounder going to the nucks doesn't make sense to me. Both players have similiar value but we had the advantage cause the nucks were in a situation where they wanted to part with Fedor. You would guess that they initiated communication for the deal and at the same time they are the ones who came away with the extra pick.

I don't know too much about Fedor but you can't be thrilled with what you hear about his attitude.
I dont like giving the 5th pick either, but we can easilly get a 5th down the road, maybe around the trade deadline.

Old
10-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Thalia

Might as well throw this link into the FF pot.
------------

Then-GM Brian Burke, on a visit to Manitoba to watch a game during the 2003/2004 season, said of Fedorov "You couldn't have found him on the ice with a pair of binoculars and a bloodhound."

Full Article

Old
10-08-2005, 12:13 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Go pick up Sean Pronger and start an "other brother" team. Maybe we can send you Jarkko Ruutu too. Is Brent Gretzky looking for a coaching position?

Don't forget we've already got Staal and Moore who have brothers who've made the NHL before them.

Old
10-08-2005, 12:16 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Any one know what the condition on the pick is?

Old
10-08-2005, 01:03 PM
galiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I am defenitly seeing a trend with this move. Fedor displayed some great hockey last year in the International game, especially in the the pre-WCH games. It defenitly feels like Fedor, Nylander and Straka are guys Renney have been impressed with in the international game.

I got to see Fedor play for the Russian national team last year and I agree with you 100%, he is extremely talented in some areas of his game. Tremendous balance and strength, a really good skater. He have great agility for a player any size. I don't think his combination of agility and strength are matched by more then a handful of players in the game. If you look at just the skills, he is twice as skilled as someone like Jarkko Immonen.

When I saw him the first time I remember thinking what the heck have this guy been dooing the last couple of years not breaking through in the NHL...

Though at times it seems like he never have played hockey before, makes really awkward decisions. He can step around a entire defense and then make a pass that really makes you wonder what goes on in his head.

In the end though I think Hossa is a better pickup then Fedor. In some far away distance Fedor have potential to be a good player, he will never be "great".

Also Fedor should play center. He is a much better fit there then on the wing. If he have been used on the wing in Vancouver its because the coaches didn't have much faith in him. Simply put they played him where he could do the least amount of damage.

As to this Fedorov playing center, forget it. His wingers would never see the puck. One of the big criticisms from the coaching staff has been that he simply does not distribute the puck well. I agree with the posters here who say he has lots of offensive talent. But I have been watching him here in Vancouver since his arrival and I have to say this guy has no hockey sense whatsoever. With his size and puck skills he could be a star - but he is clueless most of the time on the ice. So he's been very frustrating for the fans and the coaching staff because everyone kept thinking that it's just a matter of time before he gets his act together and becomes a hell of a player. It just is not going to happen. To top it off he is a major distraction in the room. I can't imagine that his singing ? his Hummer, his fur coats, his missing practices etc etc has endeared him to his team mates. Sorry Ranger fans but on the ice this guy is a big tease with his talent and off the ice he's a real ******* - he's a major flake.

He also has yet to put up one really good season at any level of hockey. His last season with the Moose he had one flurry where he put up a number of goals and then he disappeared.

A lot of Vancouver fans are just happy as hell to get rid of him and most of us would have been pleased with just the conditional pick let alone getting a player who may have some potential and at least will play in the minors and help our farm team. Fedorov seemed to think he was too good for the AHL where he had never proved anything and that he had some right to a spot with the Canucks.

For the first while you're going to think Sather absolutely stole this player from the Canucks. Wait a while and you'll see.

He's all yours Ranger fans and welcome to him.

Old
10-08-2005, 01:42 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
For the first while you're going to think Sather absolutely stole this player from the Canucks. Wait a while and you'll see.
No , actually most Ranger fans figure it's one organization's underachiever for another.

Old
10-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Hawerchuk9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
3 out of 4 points with almost all trades and signings working out so far. What else is new in Rangerland? how bout a youthful team that plays hard everynight?

Graham made the kovalev trade a steal. Balej didn't earn his time and who knows how good federov will be. lundmark getting pushed to the 4th line makes this yet another great move by sather.

Old
10-08-2005, 04:37 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Hahaha, I now have 0 respect for Fedor, and I've lost a lot for Sergei. This is like a really weird dream.

Old
10-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Towelie*

Hahaha. The problem is FedFed doesn't party hard AND work hard, he just parties hard. I don't think I have ever seen FedFed work hard.

Old
10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Hockeymomma

Fed Fed

Steps off the plane and has two points....not a bad start!

Old
10-09-2005, 06:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rangers assistant GM Don Maloney said Friday's trade for 6-4, 240-pound Fedor Fedorov, the younger brother of Sergei Fedorov, represents "a roll of the dice." Jozef Balej, the prospect the Rangers traded to Vancouver to get Fedorov, had disappointed last season in Hartford and may have needed a fresh start.

Fedorov was assigned to AHL Hartford and played there last night on a professional tryout agreement. A restricted free agent, he has refused to sign a two-way contract, which would pay him less money if he were assigned to the minor leagues. Fedorov can play for big money in Russia, but would prefer to be in the NHL, so he is hoping to impress the Rangers enough to earn a job with the NHL team. GM Glen Sather was watching him play last night, while Maloney was in New Jersey
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...600.xml&coll=1

Closed Thread