HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Callahan gets Natural Hat Trick 11 minutes into OHL Return

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2005, 09:00 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Callahan gets Natural Hat Trick 11 minutes into OHL Return

Talk about a HUGE return back to Juniors.

His team won 4-2. (BTW the 4th goal his team scored was just a EN, so he pretty much won the game for them)

From www.guelphstorm.com

Quote:
Stach fired the puck on Soo goaltender (and Guelph native) Matt Hache, producing a juicy rebound in which #24 Ryan Callahan pounced on and buried at 1:34. #21 Matt D’Agostini also drew an assist on the play.
Quote:
Not even five minutes later, Callahan would strike again on the man-advantage. With rookie #8 Drew Doughty showing great effort to keep the puck onsides, he fired the puck on net, only to have Callahan show great hand-eye coordination and tip the puck past a screened Hache for his second of the night at 6:14.
Quote:
At 11:23, Callahan would blow through two Soo defenders, beating them to the puck. Dangling Heche with a quick move, Callahan slipped the puck under the goaltenders glove to complete the hat-trick
A little bit of everything for all 3 goals, good positioning, good hand-eye coordination and also hard work.

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 10-08-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Old
10-07-2005, 09:27 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Talk about a HUGE return back to Juniors.

His team won 4-2. (BTW the 4th goal his team scored was just a EN, so he pretty much won the game for them)

thats awesome

Old
10-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Levitate

i think the training camps really helped these guys who are going back to juniors

Old
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Fletch

That is great, but...

he needs to keep it up. You gave that fire early on, but so often it dies out quickly.

Old
10-08-2005, 12:03 AM
storm fan

natural hat trick

It is posted on another forum that Callahan may have broke an OHL record tonight with 3 goals in 11 minutes. Does anyone know if it is a record?

Old
10-08-2005, 12:22 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan
It is posted on another forum that Callahan may have broke an OHL record tonight with 3 goals in 11 minutes. Does anyone know if it is a record?

Yea I posted that, im curious to see if he did.

Old
10-08-2005, 06:46 AM
eco's bones

Callahan was the Storm's go to guy last year and is playing as an overager this year so his numbers should be good. I'm not sure how strong they are this year but I think they squeezed into the playoffs last year. In any case Callahan seems to have heart and some grit--he is not large though--and his upside to me is as a third line checker who can pot a goal now and again. Anyway very nice start for him.

Last edited by eco's bones: 10-08-2005 at 06:48 AM. Reason: take sentence out
Old
10-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Callahan was the Storm's go to guy last year and is playing as an overager this year so his numbers should be good. I'm not sure how strong they are this year but I think they squeezed into the playoffs last year. In any case Callahan seems to have heart and some grit--he is not large though--and his upside to me is as a third line checker who can pot a goal now and again. Anyway very nice start for him.
We need big, hard-working players who can play a 3rd line role. He's not one of the prospects I'm most excited about, but he has a shot.

Old
10-08-2005, 07:21 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
We need big, hard-working players who can play a 3rd line role. He's not one of the prospects I'm most excited about, but he has a shot.
He is hard working from all the accounts I've heard of him HRR. The other thing about size is it's not going to be as big an issue as it was. IMO skating ability now trumps size that is unless the player is really small and not a gamebreaker. Callahan to me has a legitimate shot but is at least 2 years away (IMO he'll need to play in the minors) from the NHL.

Old
10-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
He is hard working from all the accounts I've heard of him HRR. The other thing about size is it's not going to be as big an issue as it was. IMO skating ability now trumps size that is unless the player is really small and not a gamebreaker. Callahan to me has a legitimate shot but is at least 2 years away (IMO he'll need to play in the minors) from the NHL.
When I say he's not one of the ones I'm most excited about, I just mean that he's not one of the three or four I'm really excited about: Staal, Korpikoski, and Dubinsky. He's a legitimate prospect, but I agree he's probably a bit of a project and a few years away yet.

Old
10-08-2005, 11:20 AM
GlueleG

I would have rather seen Callahan in Hartford this season.

Old
10-08-2005, 01:23 PM
storm fan

Callahan

In today's game, 5' 11 is not that small and he is quick.

Closed Thread