HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone have a picture of the imaginary goal?

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Blackjack

vCash: 500
Anyone have a picture of the imaginary goal?

??

I'd like to use it as an avatar.

Old
10-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Brad*

You do realize there was a still image of the puck in the net, so the term "imaginary goal" is false, correct?

Old
10-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
You do realize there was a still image of the puck in the net, so the term "imaginary goal" is false, correct?
I would be interested in seeing that as well.

Old
10-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Liquidrage*

I don't have an online pic of the goal but SportsCenter has showed it, and the puck was way over the line. By several inches. It wasn't really too near Brodeur. It was to his left, about a foot, as he was sitting on the ice, not between his pads. Matvichuk reached across the goaline, and scooped it back out.

SportsCenter even did the freeze frame, circle puck, etc... Clearly a goal.

Old
10-08-2005, 07:47 AM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
I don't have an online pic of the goal but SportsCenter has showed it, and the puck was way over the line. By several inches. It wasn't really too near Brodeur. It was to his left, about a foot, as he was sitting on the ice, not between his pads. Matvichuk reached across the goaline, and scooped it back out.

Did they circle Matvichuk getting cross-checked into Brodeur?

Old
10-08-2005, 07:47 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
The puck had been in Matvichuk's glove. It's really heard to see you have to look hard but it is over the goal line. I was as shocked as anyone, but you can see it

Old
10-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4check22
Did they circle Matvichuk getting cross-checked into Brodeur?
No, but they did circle the 5-2 score at the end of the game.

Old
10-08-2005, 07:55 AM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
No, but they did circle the 5-2 score at the end of the game.
Yikes. Good retort. I'd copy-paste my outstretched middle finger and ask you to circle that, but I have too much respect for Ratsgirl.

Old
10-08-2005, 08:17 AM
JimEIV

Quote:

I watch the clip with multiple people last night I was the only devil fan. I could not EVER distinguish a puck anywhere near the goal line and neither can any of the 6 people watching in my house.

Couple of things though, For at least a full second the pucks is under Brodeur.

Why No whistle?

Next, Matvichuk swipes from behind the goal line but from the clips I've seen there is no distinguishable puck in any of the pictures. The Fox broadcast circled a black spot while Matvichuk was swiping, but to me it was clear they were circling the black cuff ring of his glove.

So if anyone has the Frezze Frame I would love to see it

Old
10-08-2005, 08:35 AM
dedalus

I had a bit of an issue with the replay; it didn't appear at all conclusive, but if non-interested parties say there's an image that makes it clear, fine.

Far more significant in my mind was Gagne shoving Matvichuk into Brodeur. Whether or not the puck crossed the goal line should never have been in question. The defender was shoved into the goalie long before (in sports terms) the actual goal comes into question.

Terrible non-call and Flyer fans can point all they'd like at the final score, fact of the matter is that the goal was a momentum changer. No goal, Flyers lose IMO.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Liquidrage*

While we're looking for freeze frames, anyone got one of the disallowed Flyers goal?

Old
10-08-2005, 10:04 AM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Quote:
While we're looking for freeze frames, anyone got one of the disallowed Flyers goal?

are we talking about the one where it hit where the crossbar meets the post or the one where brodeur had it covered and a flyer pushed him sideways making the puck fall in?

Old
10-08-2005, 10:53 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

I donít know about anyone else, but for the first time as a hockey fan, i'm starting to question the integrity of the league. I am not saying last nightís game was fixed, but I think the league is trying to do whatever they can to increase scoring. And I think that means more phantom goals like this, and yes at times calls like these might go to our advantage in the future. But i still dont like it.

Also, the league has a hard-on for Crosby. Donít be surprised if the officials give the penguins 1000000 power plays this year to artificially pad Crosbyís stats. Or give him phantom 2nd assists like they did with Gretzky back in the day.

So far after almost one week on the new NHL. I really hate it. Like Chico Resch said last night, itís starting to become womanís hockey at there.

Disgusting!

Old
10-08-2005, 11:09 AM
openicehit04

There has to be no question about it for them to say it was a goal. If there is even a debate..then it wasn't a goal. If there was 100% proof..than no problem. But there isn't..so there is a problem.

Old
10-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04
I donít know about anyone else, but for the first time as a hockey fan, i'm starting to question the integrity of the league. I am not saying last nightís game was fixed, but I think the league is trying to do whatever they can to increase scoring. And I think that means more phantom goals like this, and yes at times calls like these might go to our advantage in the future. But i still dont like it.

Also, the league has a hard-on for Crosby. Donít be surprised if the officials give the penguins 1000000 power plays this year to artificially pad Crosbyís stats. Or give him phantom 2nd assists like they did with Gretzky back in the day.

So far after almost one week on the new NHL. I really hate it. Like Chico Resch said last night, itís starting to become womanís hockey at there.

Disgusting!
You bring up a lot of good points. I'm all for more exciting hockey and more goals, but from what I've seen in the first few days of the NHL season, the physical play is almost non existent. I like that obstrutcion fouls are being called, but many d-men seem afraid to even touch a forward. There has to be some middle ground, especially for physical defensmen. I've seen some pretty chincy calls, just for players taking a guy out with a solid body check. Physical play is a big part of hockey, and I haven't seen much of it in the early going. If this keeps up, every game is going to look like an All-Star game....As for Crosby, I'm all for promoting him, but it's going a little overboard if you ask me. I mean, some sports networks up in Canada are showing Penguins highlights BEFORE Canadian teams highlights. Just tone it down a notch.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by openicehit04
There has to be no question about it for them to say it was a goal. If there is even a debate..then it wasn't a goal. If there was 100% proof..than no problem. But there isn't..so there is a problem.
Check out the sportscenter replay if you can. The puck is clearly across the line and clearly visible. The people in Toronto who made the call obviously saw the same thing and got it right. Stop whining about the call and worry about the way your team was dominated over the last half of the second period and first half of the third...that's why the Devils lost the game.

Old
10-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden
I'm all for more exciting hockey and more goals, but from what I've seen in the first few days of the NHL season, the physical play is almost non existent.
So funny you say that since I just started a thread in the NHL forum about this.

10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
So funny you say that since I just started a thread in the NHL forum about this.
I find it pretty alarming to be honest. The Flames/Blue Jackets game yesterday, which I was able to watch most of, was more physical than any other game I'd seen so far this year, but that's not saying much. It's just that the Flames/Wild game from opening night was probably one of the least physical games I've ever seen in my life. Are big, strong, physical d-men soon to be a thing of the past? If this keeps up, I could play defense on an NHL team...

Old
10-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Unthinkable

There is some slow motion video posted in this thread by TK, but it doesnt show anything that wasn't already aired last night during the Devils broadcast:

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.p...pic=21404&st=0

Old
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I saw a replay on MSG tonight, and it LOOKED like it was in, and they used the feed I think the NHL used, but I couldn't say that it was in for sure........and that in itself should mean NO GOAL.

Old
10-09-2005, 12:41 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

There are no pictures of it because it was imaginary. This one is #3 to only Roswell and the JFK assassination.

The only goals Brodeur lets up are when:

1) the officials cheat
2) The NHL calls the refs to tell them it was a goal
3) the other team cheats

Closed Thread