HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is with the MSG cameras?

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

vCash: 500
What is with the MSG cameras?

Why is it that in every other sport we have crystal clear camera work regardless of the region/network. CBC seems to have real nice cameras, crystal clear and defined. And to be quite honest every other network looks great on the centre ice package. As of right now whenever I switch to MSG to watch the Rangers-Devs tonite it is basically unwatchable. Cloudy, foggy, blurry, disgusting cameras really destroy my enjoyment of the game. Maybe I'm being picky but what the hell is the deal here with the MSG cameras???

Old
10-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Melrose_Jr.

They're saying it's really dark in the arean after a lightning strike or something. I think the camera's are trying to adjust to the difference in lighting and it's washing out the picture.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

I'm not sure.. it was like that before it all happened.. and the previous nites.. even in the last season it was always the crappiest quality.

Old
10-08-2005, 09:28 PM
rangerjoe

I've been watching the Penguins/Bruins game on HD Net and when you watch hockey (or anything for that matter) in high definition and then switch back to a normal digital broadcast, it's almost unwatchable.

I did notice that the MSG coverage is very cloudy looking tonight.

If anyone has HD, put on HD Net, or throw on the Penn State/Ohio State game on ESPN HD...it's beautiful.

RangerJoe

Old
10-08-2005, 09:28 PM
nyr7andcounting

All the games at Continental are like that, MSG or FSNY. That place is just a piece of ****, that's all

Old
10-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Skroob*

It seems the contrast is set too high, and the white of the ice is washing out all detail and making things seem foggy. In the photography world, we'd call that blown highlights

Old
10-08-2005, 11:11 PM
CaptainBlueshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
All the games at Continental are like that, MSG or FSNY. That place is just a piece of ****, that's all
Same goes for Nassau as well. I find the quality of MSG games very good especially at the Garden.

Old
10-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

It's not continental. sometimes yes it's the lighting in the arena that screws up the picture but there are filters and other mechanisms to enhance and improve the quality. tonite looks like a broadcast of a central hockey league game in louisiana that's being shot by a drunk pig. and i agree a lot of games at continental end up looking crappy.. but never ever this bad.. it's totally unwatchable.. Also.. I am absolutely craving hockey in HD it's has to be unbelievable - how is any of this being tolerated by the networks?

Old
10-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
to me, all MSG road games look the same, crappy.

all home games are nice and clear.

Old
10-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Muckalt

Ever since they've made the move to High Definition, the games (regardless of sport) look like they're running at half-speed on Standard Definition TVs.

The quality on HDTV is a different story, but on standard, you're looking at 30 frames per second action.

Old
10-09-2005, 08:53 AM
shoothepuck

I think it's Continental, like said before, even on FSNY, the picture is bad. I do agree HD is the way to go, but tonight's game on MSG was bad and that was before the lighting problem, I thought I was starting to develop cateracs.

Old
10-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Muckalt

Watch any Rangers, Mets, or Knicks game on a Standard Definition TV. Even if its a home game, it still looks and moves as if it is being played underwater.

Old
10-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

i dont know guys.. i was even looking at the top of the screen where they have the little score board.. even that was blurry and disgusting, any other score board like that on the other networks was always clear and defined..

Old
10-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Servo

I also noticed the quality was lousy last night, even before the outage. I haven't had MSG in several years (this is my first year with Center Ice) but I don't remember it ever looking so bad. The Montreal game had the TSN feed so I don't really have a basis for comparison to recent MSG games, but last night was difficult on the eyes.

Closed Thread